Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Battle editor - Proud Clod (1.5.0/FINAL)  (Read 366218 times)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Official Proud Clod 1.0 Topic
« Reply #300 on: 2009-12-27 15:04:34 »
Hmmm... Is it possible to insert strings in the AI (93 opcode). After I've typed in something and hit enter the stuff I typed just disappears. I find it possible to edit already existing strings though, but impossible to create my own (with PC). Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Strange things happen when you hit enter. For now, just hit "Tab" when you're done and the string will stay.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #301 on: 2009-12-27 21:35:50 »
Hmmm... Is it possible to insert strings in the AI (93 opcode). After I've typed in something and hit enter the stuff I typed just disappears. I find it possible to edit already existing strings though, but impossible to create my own (with PC). Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Strange things happen when you hit enter. For now, just hit "Tab" when you're done and the string will stay.

Thanks for reply, but Tab didn't work either. Nothing works (I think :P). However, I managed to Insert strings using v1.3.1.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #302 on: 2009-12-28 02:29:34 »

Thanks for reply, but Tab didn't work either. Nothing works (I think :P). However, I managed to Insert strings using v1.3.1.

D'OH! That's the version I have too. I guess that's why it worked. I'll get around to fixing it eventually.....

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #303 on: 2009-12-28 18:09:44 »
np! Don't rush it; you're doing a great job. As far as I know the string thingy is the only bug. And PC seems to catch an exception every time I save after altering an attack. Despite of that it saves correctly.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #304 on: 2010-02-17 02:34:43 »
Deleted because the board software is cutting my post in half, even though it's within limits. Appropriately enough, the post is about how 1.3.3. has trouble copying the

93 {EA0000h}...
60 24
60 0

portions, rendering them as follows:
« Last Edit: 2010-02-17 02:58:52 by Bosola »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #305 on: 2010-02-17 02:59:11 »
[code]
93   {EA0000h}

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #306 on: 2010-02-17 02:59:44 »
Oh, for Christ's sake. It won't even let me post the bloody code.

[code]
93   {EA0000h}

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2010-02-17 03:01:47 »
1.3.3 seems to be having some issues with the message data right now, which is already being looked into. for now though, he said to use 1.3.2 for any string based changes that need to be done until the next version arrives.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #308 on: 2010-02-17 03:04:10 »
This board software and I do not get along.

Here's the code in PNG form.

I don't have the FF7 character table, but if someone did, comparing those weird values to the values of characters in the string might tell us something?

Also, in case someone wants to be helpful, why do computers hate me today? Did I do something wrong? Did I offend them somehow? First my router, then my kernel, then Proud Clod, now even posting I can't do without obstacles popping up. Is this some sort of conspiracy? Why do such bad things happen to good* people?

*Well, at least not wholly bad.

« Last Edit: 2010-02-17 03:12:32 by Bosola »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #309 on: 2010-02-17 04:38:55 »
Oh for crying out loud! I thought I had fixed that. I know what the problem is. That'll be fixed soon. (read: eventually).

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #310 on: 2010-02-17 15:12:00 »
No worries.

I'm afraid I don't know VB well enough to offer any help beyond quoting Proud Clod's output to the clipboard...

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #311 on: 2010-02-17 15:48:47 »
Still, at least it's only happening with raw value entry like that. Very odd. Does this only happen during pasting or does it happen when you type it too?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #312 on: 2010-02-17 20:44:08 »
Pasting only, oddly enough.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #313 on: 2010-02-17 23:23:33 »
Right, now the Guard Scorpion keeps freezing on its first move. I can't work with this copy-paste as it stands. I'm basically going to rewrite the AI by hand instead.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #314 on: 2010-02-18 02:35:43 »
Don't double post. Modify exists for a reason.

Guard Scorpion is the only one that has those raw values in its AI. Just don't modify that one and it should be fine.

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2010-02-27 01:08:27 »
One question...I was trying to edit the enemy AI of Guard Scorpion to change to so he would not say "Attack while its tail is up!".  I was having a problem with the program accepting the change, basically I can enter in new text but the text clears out when I try to confirm that change or leave the box.  Any suggestions?

EDIT: in  reading these past few posts I have realized they are probably talking about the same problem, so I will wait patiently for a fix :D
« Last Edit: 2010-02-27 01:10:01 by Auraplatonic »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #316 on: 2010-02-27 01:28:07 »
Yup. Use the older version for string changes.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2010-02-27 02:04:22 »
Speaking of which, I deleted my older version, can anybody provide a download link to a version with working string editing?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #318 on: 2010-02-27 14:26:31 »
It should still be there on my mediafire/filefront pages. Just use the link at the first post and look at other files by me (or something like that). 1.3.2 is still there.

1.4 is on its way and is looking good. I haven't addressed the string issue yet, but already I've decreased loading time (slightly, but enough to no longer annoy me :D).

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #319 on: 2010-02-27 14:34:12 »
Can't say it ever really bothered me.

Out of interest, why do you tend to use VB specifically for these sorts of projects? Does it offer anything in particular for this sort of work? Or are you wanting to practice VB / .NET stuff for study / work?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #320 on: 2010-02-27 17:46:47 »
Can't say it ever really bothered me.

Out of interest, why do you tend to use VB specifically for these sorts of projects? Does it offer anything in particular for this sort of work? Or are you wanting to practice VB / .NET stuff for study / work?

No particular reason, really. There is nothing that PrC nor WM needs that any other language does better than VB. The main reason is that's just the language I started writing it in way back when. I only had access to a VB6 Stuido platform so that's the real reason I used that. :)
I didn't like that it was written in VB6 so I got the .NET 2008 studio and just copy/pasted and fixed errors that appeared. It was easier than most people said it was. The controls had to be re-added because the way VB6 handles it is completely different from the way VB.NET handles it. Oh well. It's a longer story, but that's the jist of it. ;)

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2010-03-01 03:26:00 »
I have something else that came up...basically I am trying to get Hell House to summon Ifrit.  I have everything in place except the actual attack animation and the reason is because whenever I try to change the attack ID to that of Hellfire it says it saves the change, but when I close Proud Clod the changes are discarded.  I'm not editing the string, just the attack ID box right beside the edit AI button.

Thanks for any help in advance :)
« Last Edit: 2010-03-01 03:28:03 by Auraplatonic »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #322 on: 2010-03-01 16:20:51 »
I have something else that came up...basically I am trying to get Hell House to summon Ifrit.  I have everything in place except the actual attack animation and the reason is because whenever I try to change the attack ID to that of Hellfire it says it saves the change, but when I close Proud Clod the changes are discarded.  I'm not editing the string, just the attack ID box right beside the edit AI button.

Thanks for any help in advance :)

If you're going straight from the box with the value to the menu bar then, no, it won't work. That's just the way I set up the interface. It's been bugging me too and I'll have to do something to change that.

To work around it, just click on anything else (other than the menu) after you change that value. I either click on the impact sound value or another attack. Then the title bar will have a "(!)" indicating a change has been made. THEN you're free to save it and the value will update correctly.

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2010-03-02 02:58:42 »
Hmmm...so I got that part to work :)  However now I am encountering another problem.  Before I changed the attack to the correct ID, Hell House used Hellfire but it was just the animation of spider silk.  When I changed it to the correct ID, it keeps saying he is out of MP even though I verified that I gave him more than enough MP to use it.  Any thoughts?

EDIT:  so even by reducing the cost of the spell to 0 it still says he is out of MP.  I don't know if it has to do with coding or what but the only difference is from it working and not is when I changed the attack ID.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-02 03:08:53 by Auraplatonic »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #324 on: 2010-03-02 03:33:52 »
KERNEL.BIN attacks trump the attacks in the scenes. If you try to get an enemy to perform an attack with an index less than 256 then it will look at the attacks stored in the KERNEL.BIN for data and ignore the data in the scene.