Author Topic: WTF is going on?  (Read 7237 times)

zherot

• View Profile
WTF is going on?
« on: 2013-11-05 21:54:55 »
I am following the steps but i STILL DONT UDERSTAND the point of the converter thing i just followd the steps and mont the blank ISO like it is said, then run the converter and got to a point where it asked me about the MOVIES directory... i was like WTF i am suppoused to do now, really this is very not user friendly... then just pressed start and apparently it just made a default movie folder but then it started to prompt that HE DIDNT FIND SOME FILES... so now i am like... WTF just happened???, This is really so confusing that its driving me crazy, how difficult its to make a proper guide with proper steps on things like this.

I need help on this step really i dont understand, there is not a proper guide about this steps what do i do?, i did something wrong?...

Lionsmane

• View Profile
Re: WTF is going on?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-11-05 22:38:32 »
If you're fine playing the game in english Im pretty sure you can skip that step completely.

Theres also a step in the bootleg process where a txt file will open and usually mention some errors like missing files, i cant remember what part, but if thats what youre talking about, It's normal and is mentioned on bootleg as normal and in eq2alyza's tutorial as normal.

Im not sure about the whole blank iso or movie loader thing because I totally skipped the converter part. Because I'm pretty sure its whole point is to be able to easily translate the game's texts.

Lol try to be a little more considerate, it can be difficult to construct an air tight tutorial on something like this because bootleg has been an ongoing project involving lots of mods and there are plenty of variables involved.

Keep in mind too that bootleg isnt even eq2alyza's project, she just took the time to write a comprehensive tutorial for people that didn't want to learn with existing material on this forum or couldn't and wouldn't stop bothering her.

Anyway, hope i helped a little bit.  :)
« Last Edit: 2013-11-05 22:40:03 by Lionsmane »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-11-05 22:43:44 »
No, the converter isn't for translating, it's mostly for making the 2012 or Steam version moddable.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-11-05 22:47:03 »
Ahhh, gotcha. Still wasn't relevant to me as I have the old version so I guess thats why I skipped over it.

EVEN SO, zherot, the tutorial clearly says to just download the converter, not run it. I'm sure bootleg runs it during its whole process.

Lmao, thanks for the correction though Rundas, I'm just trying to help where I can.

zherot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-11-05 22:47:48 »
Ok so with the old version you dont need to do that at all only if you have the new?

Also i am in the botleg config tool and well i have seen some videos where people are using other things that are not on the config menu, like more using the black mages version of the songs or the advent children models, where do i can get those or im stuck with the ones that appear on the config tool?

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-11-05 22:48:46 »
the ac mods you see online that aren't available on bootleg are illegal rips and aren't supported around here

zherot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-11-05 22:59:10 »
Can you elaborate?, because i cant understand.

Also about the music thing i saw that some guy had the black mages music on the battles.

Is there a mod list or anything so i could check out?

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-11-05 23:14:04 »
there's a couple ac inspired character models youll find in bootleg, like for barret tifa and yuffie, but if you see others on youtube that aren't available through bootleg, chances are theyre illegal and you wont find  them around here. I think people just rips those from copyrighted games like dissidia and crisis core, the ones you see on qhimm are made from scratch.

As for anything audio related, I couldnt tell you because i just choose one of the presets on bootleg. If no one can help you through this thread, Id go look around the audio board and try to find a thread where someone mentioned customization. I wouldn't know a thing in the world about implementing different tracks into the game.

zherot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-11-05 23:25:59 »

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-11-06 01:31:05 »
Yehp, pretty sure you won't find those here. They'll ban you and everything.
Particularly the cloud and tifa one I saw. Unless someone has redone them in the last year or so and I didn't know.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-06 01:39:16 by Lionsmane »

zherot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-11-06 01:40:22 »
Yehp, pretty sure you won't find those here. They'll ban you and everything.

Hey i was wondering, this thing its HUGE,, really big, so... does this changes all the models of all the NPC so they dont look like they were? , or only the main character models which you choose are changed?, because i think it would be very bad that just the main characters look better and everyone else looks like a LEGO xD.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-11-06 01:50:27 »
It def. Updates all the npcs, gives them regular hands and body shape and reshades them and stuff

zherot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-11-06 02:06:23 »
It def. Updates all the npcs, gives them regular hands and body shape and reshades them and stuff

Oks, yeah because i dont know what other things could be in those 17 GB, its really big, also i wanted to ask, can you kind of play with the mods and install unistall them to try them or once you choose them you are stuck with them forever or there is a way to delete them but is a pain and probably you are just stuck with them forever?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 2013-11-06 02:08:53 »
Sigh, you double posted this same question/statement from General Discussion.

The Converter is an updated version of the one built into Bootleg. It makes it so the 2012 SE and 2013 Steam versions can be modded. It is not a step that can be skipped.

The models in the video link are illegally ripped and will not be supported here. It's even stated in its video description.

@Lionsmane - I am a part of the Bootleg project. It's PitBrat, Vgr, and myself. The boys do all the coding. I do primary testing and troubleshooting.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-11-06 02:15:39 »
Ah, I didn't realize that, either way your works very generous so I was just stating you do a great job lmao  :P And you aren't supposed to skip the converter even if playing with the original?
« Last Edit: 2013-11-06 02:20:07 by Lionsmane »

zherot

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-11-06 02:17:56 »

The Converter is an updated version of the one built into Bootleg. It makes it so the 2012 SE and 2013 Steam versions can be modded. It is not a step that can be skipped.

This still dosent explain what to do with that...