Author Topic: FAN MADE REMAKE OF FF7?  (Read 5928 times)

WolfOkami

• View Profile
FAN MADE REMAKE OF FF7?
« on: 2008-10-30 21:30:15 »
I have this idea about making another ff7 game based on the first one. Everything is in 3rd person view and not isometric, meaning that when you go through all the tunnels and everything you can see things from clods P.O.V. or behind his back at least

the playablility would be similar to fable  wherein you run in wide open terrain. And in the worlds the levels are massive as massive as the first one. In fable you run around town in that P.O.V which is awesome, i totally wanna adapt that to ff7 without the isometric stuff. I think if a few developers and me got together we could make something like this. maybe if i got endorsed and Square-Enix approved of it i think it would be a good idea.

As far as the player models go they would be similar to that kid who made the buster sword but cant release the mod cuz of legal reasons. BTW whoever that is its amazing truly amazing, you deserve credit.

I however have 3ds max and could make them from scratch, like i said i could do square's dirty work for them.

If i can get an approval i would like some people to help me program and some modelers to help with the worlds.
I have a great game engine already. I would be using torque which is incredible if any of you have seen it.

So any feedback questions or help would be appreciated.

BaleFire

• View Profile
Re: FAN MADE REMAKE OF FF7?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-31 15:15:05 »
How would you implement the battle system?

WolfOkami

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-31 15:53:39 »
to keep the originality of it all i would go on contact based random battles like ff7

but instead of waiting for turns you have to enter combos faster than the enemy

or maybe even we keep the original contact but make it a free for all melee between you and the enemy
like an arena no turns just survival?

any suggestions?

BTW good question

BaleFire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-11-01 00:43:15 »
I assume this is going to be for PC. If you do it real time, you need to think of controls. Not everyone is going to have access to a gsme pad of some type, so the controls will have to be reasonable. I would personally like a system wherein you can see the enemies on the normal screen, like they did in XII, but with a more action-fighter control ability (as in Tekken or Mortal Combat or something) rather than the menu based control.

Also, how will you implement things like materia, items, and limit breaks? I have an idea I posted for the materia system here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7872.0

But anyway, my suggestion for battle would be this:

Pretend you're using a basic PS controller. X, Triangle, Square, O, L1, L2, R1, R2. You set L1, L2, R1, and R2 as skill buttons. You assign spells/summons/enemyskills/commands to one or a combination of those buttons. Then during battle you press the button and woosh. The only problem with this is that it would limit you to only like 15 possible actions, but if you follow my materia idea that should be reasonable.

The main buttons, X, Triangle, Square, and O would be used as basic actions. X could be attack, Square could be defend, O could be Item, Triangle could be jump or something like that.

Items would be fairly simple. Whenever you press O the battle would pause and you could select which item you wish to use. That would "arm" it. Then you press O again to use it.

Now, the only problem with this is as I said earlier, finding reasonable controls that would work for a keyboard. Or I suppose you could just make a gamepad mandatory.

Sorry if this is confusing, I wrote it down as I thought it, so I've probably forgotten something.

Anyway, that's my suggestion.

WolfOkami

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-01 17:17:17 »
not confusing at all i like that idea the only reason i said menu based controls was because the original ff7 fans who might get really pissed if we chnaged that it was one of the best things about ff7 but i totally agree i think that combos and moves should be used like you said i was going for arena combat 3rd person view so yeah kinda like tekken only in 3 dimensions all around and you can run anywhere in the arena to dodge the enemys attacks and attack any where you want some points do more damage than others

as far as limit breaks and materias there would be A frozen cutscene so that the enemy couldnt move and then the attack you summoned would follow.

As far as combos it wouldnt be a problem with only 15 combos because it still depends on what materia you have equipped and what your limit break level is

So yeah to clarify, we would have a free for all arena type battle based on dodging others attacks and striking at the right moment the only problem with that is party member control. Now im thinking during the battle you can switch to any of the three characters that are on your team with a button.  That could eliminate the problem and then AI can work out what you dont accomplish.

but still there is a lot of things to deal with especially how to implement a better combat system thats probably the most confusing part cause you dont wanna eFF up what square did but you want it a little different than what they did.

OH AND YES THIS IS FOR PC so no need to worry im not used to 360 or PS3 coding its alittle more complex what i know in C++

uhm the main thing i need right now is collaboration and modellers and really some coders to work with the engine and who knows the engine well. someone to implement more than basic controls, and also someone who has situation based experience with game making.

This project could take years but it would be worth it, i think even if enix came out with another ff7 that blew us outta the water we'd still be proud of what we did. This is an experiment that has come up into the hearts of all ff7 lovers and has immediately shot down by the thought "dont fix whats not broken", but you cant tell me that in todays technology 1998's tech aint primitive.

THIS GAME NEEDS RODONE AND IM GONNA SURE AS HELL TRY!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :-D :-D

WolfOkami

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-11-03 21:10:17 »
anyone?

CyberPirate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-11-05 13:20:04 »
If you do have the knowledge to create a fanmade version of Final Fantasy VII, then I suggest you buckle down and work on it :P

WolfOkami

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-11-17 23:13:01 »
good2 hear it i recently started on this project. Right now the thing im looking for is a good model for all of the characters and some enemy models if i can figure out how to rip them and then use max to make them better that should take care of that. But i cant get that right now i still haven't figured out how to open the file formats i think they're a codex and not an actual file type.

Another thing i need help on which i am researching now is adding AI and how to implement situation based story lines in this game engine.

If anybody has experience in Torque it would be really appreciated...
Also i cant do all of this by myself so feel free to lend support.

CyberPirate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-11-18 08:11:51 »
If you really want something done, then I think you should join the Q-Gears team, as they are developing a better FF/ engine.

WolfOkami

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-11-18 21:34:00 »
sounds interesting ill check it out