Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII - playing w/ controllers  (Read 12110 times)

blueknavish

• View Profile
Final Fantasy VII - playing w/ controllers
« on: 2009-02-25 17:53:22 »
I searched the entire forum for FF7 and this is all I was able to come up with:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5335.0

Well, according to the topic, they work. But how exactly? Most controllers are configured with drivers and do not come with setup programs to bind keys. Anyone have any ideas or any good websites that can show me how to use a controller? Thanks.

- Anthony
« Last Edit: 2009-03-10 08:54:52 by blueknavish »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: Final Fantasy VII - playing w/ controllers
« Reply #1 on: 2009-02-25 18:12:24 »
You just bind them in-game.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2009-02-25 18:13:49 »
Why would you want to bind keys? Controllers work fine in FFVII and FFVIII. Both games will use whatever the primary game controller is on your machine and there are default button configs in each game. If you don't like them then you can change them  in-game.

blueknavish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-02-26 01:19:47 »
PS3 controller doesn't work properly on FF7 - I just tested it. All buttons work (including joystick) except the 4 main ones: Square, Triangle, Circle, X. Kind of useless, huh? Any ideas? All buttons work on all other games.

Jamers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-02-26 02:24:42 »
I use a Logitech controller for FF7. I was able to set it up outside of the game with the provided software, but it's also possible (and easier) to set it up inside the game through the menu.

blueknavish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-02-27 22:30:30 »
ya i don't have a lot of money right now to purchase another controller. im looking for someone who knows how to get all buttons to operate on a ps3 controller for ff7 or a program that will allow to bind keys. but thanks for the input.

kohan69

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-07 07:07:34 »
use jtk374en

blueknavish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-10 08:51:55 »
that is a very nice program, but unfortunately, it still doesn't help. Most of the keys will work, but it will not get the controller back to the original ps1 standard because you cannot unbind keys inside the customize controller options. this means there will always be atleast 2 or more conflicting keys at once. any idea how to fix this? when the keys conflict, the in-game ff7 setup takes priority. i can't be the only person having this problem out there. anyone else have any ideas how to fix this? im really surprised with all the modding and tweaking here, no one has a resolution for this...

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-03-11 12:32:57 »
that is a very nice program, but unfortunately, it still doesn't help. Most of the keys will work, but it will not get the controller back to the original ps1 standard because you cannot unbind keys inside the customize controller options. this means there will always be atleast 2 or more conflicting keys at once. any idea how to fix this? when the keys conflict, the in-game ff7 setup takes priority. i can't be the only person having this problem out there. anyone else have any ideas how to fix this? im really surprised with all the modding and tweaking here, no one has a resolution for this...

All i had to do was configure it in Config menu in Final Fantasy VIIs menu, all the buttons were messed up though. Now even the joystick works :D

kohan69

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-03-16 04:37:11 »
try autohotkey, it will over-right any software keybinds (even windows)
http://www.autohotkey.com/

but it's a bit more complicated

Liquid

« Reply #10 on: 2009-03-16 13:52:26 »
PS3 controller doesn't work properly on FF7 - I just tested it. All buttons work (including joystick) except the 4 main ones: Square, Triangle, Circle, X. Kind of useless, huh? Any ideas? All buttons work on all other games.

Have you installed the SIXAXIS driver?

Me and my bro recently began playing through FF7 again (can't help but revisit it every few years!) on PS1 but then we looked up the PC version and the graphic difference is night and day. No idea why it took so long for us to see this.

Anyways, we got it running great and tried the PS3 SIXAXIS on it and it works a treat. The only buttons that don't work are Start and Select. The rest work 100%