Author Topic: german to english  (Read 3321 times)

smon

german to english
« on: 2010-02-16 09:11:54 »
hi,

iam new to this forum but for what i see now its wow.

i have to questions:

1. Is it possible to turn my german copy of the game into an english ones? Cause some of the patches dont work correctly and my game is completly denglisch (german english mix) ? Or is there anything i have to lay special attention to, so my version works correctly?

2. I installed the game and the 2.5 remix patch, which is very great. But on few scenes (dont know if its video or something) i have a black screen and then i have to press a few times ok, sometimes there is the hand where to choose from options but everyting else is still black, and then it goes on. Iam feeling like i miss moments of the story :( Could this be cause i got the german version?

greets
smon

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: german to english
« Reply #1 on: 2010-02-16 11:56:16 »
Welcome to Qhimm's forums. If you obtained your copy legally (not via torrent or other free download) then we can help with most problems. We don't support or tolerate piracy of FFVII or FFVIII. If you got your copy legally (exchanged some currency for a copy) then we'll be glad to assist you. All this is in the forum rules which you should check out.

As far as your question goes, I don't know if there's any specific patch that converts another language TO English, though several exist to make FF7 into other languages.

If you could be more specific about which scenes are blanking out on you it'd be easier to help.

smon

« Reply #2 on: 2010-02-16 13:01:05 »
sure i obtained it legally, have it like for 5-6 years, and i if i dont apply something special to the game i can play without any problems, but cause of the old graphic i wanted it better looking and so i applied the 2.5 remix patch which includes all updates i wanted =)

the problem is i dont know which scenes these are, i happened when cloud told story about sephiroth and cloud is in nibelheim. when i entered some houses there i turned black and i had to press "ok" a few times (like their is a dialog) and then it went normal again. And this happened to in other places. Sometimes if seen a box blink up and then it went black, but its not abrupt, its fading, like their would come a movie or something, but there isnt... its hard to explain xD it doesnt happen all to often to, but i just feel i miss some important things. Most of the movies went trough without a problem.

Same with the black screen happened in "under junon?" when i rested in the bed at the old hag, seemed like cloud had a dream but it was all black.  hope this was more specific.

Maybe i try reinstall it again (like the last 3-4 times when i had problems) :-D but maybe its something else, perhaps just graphic changes

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-02-16 14:03:35 »
I see you're using my patch. I've been curious as to how it would conflict with International versions of the game... try taking the file "/data/field/flevel.lgp" from your install CD, and replacing the one you have with it. That might fix your text issues.

smon

« Reply #4 on: 2010-02-16 14:41:19 »
thx that solved the language roblem, but now there is still the thing with the black screens, just reinstalled the game and tried again.

Was marshin in the parade in junon and rite after marshing i think there should hapeen something but it just goes black :(

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2010-02-16 15:04:28 »
Sounds like a problem when a dialog box appears when the screen is blank. This happens several times in the first disc, but I can't think of any time it occurs during discs 2 or 3. Yes, you're missing some dialog. It might be a problem with the dialog window either not being sized or positioned correctly. The text is likely still all there. Don't take my word for it. I don't know much about the field files or their formats.

smon

« Reply #6 on: 2010-02-16 16:38:19 »
is there anything i can do about it? when i insert disc 2 it says "pls insert disc 1" so that doesnt work ^^
but why it only turns black on this dialog boxes and not on all?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-02-16 19:32:28 »
Was marshin in the parade in junon and rite after marshing i think there should hapeen something but it just goes black :(

yeah...after the parade march, there's supposed to be an announcer talking, and then you're supposed to get an item... I don't know why your game just seems to freeze though...beats me. :?

smon

« Reply #8 on: 2010-02-16 21:56:57 »
maybe it something about codecs or settings with opengl :(

ill test some things tomorrow, maybe ill get it to work :-D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-02-17 00:03:49 »
To fix the black screens, you can turn off fancy transparency in Aali's driver settings.

smon

« Reply #10 on: 2010-02-17 09:05:01 »
yay that worked, thx very much =)

but why isnt fancy ransparency not working? :/

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #11 on: 2010-02-17 12:24:04 »
yay that worked, thx very much =)

but why isnt fancy ransparency not working? :/

its a glitch with the latest of Aali's driver that he has said to me he will remedy, just be patient and wait until he releases the next one. fancy transparency also causes major crashes at some points in the game

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-02-17 14:21:49 »
...but without it Team Avalanche's mod looks effed up...
Oy vey!  :-\