Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4924224 times)

Seraph_Sephiroth

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9999)
« Reply #11675 on: 2024-02-11 08:51:26 »
Thanks for the new patch!

I've got a question about the ability Goblin Song: the description says it "rouses KO'd allies", so how do you use it? I've tried to use it on all party members several times, but so far, it does nothing to characters that are at 0 HP, and misses all the other characters.

Something else I noticed: Aerith is able to equip Cid's Scimitar. Is this a bug or an intended feature?
« Last Edit: 2024-02-11 08:53:58 by Seraph_Sephiroth »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11676 on: 2024-02-11 11:46:07 »
Thanks for the new patch!

I've got a question about the ability Goblin Song: the description says it "rouses KO'd allies", so how do you use it? I've tried to use it on all party members several times, but so far, it does nothing to characters that are at 0 HP, and misses all the other characters.

Something else I noticed: Aerith is able to equip Cid's Scimitar. Is this a bug or an intended feature?

there was a change a little while ago to goblin song as per patch notes, it no longer rouses ko'd allies. maybe another mod spell names or something is using old description if have installed too.  Should of beeen Annoys enemies, which means inflicting fury status, would make them miss more and i believe (not 100% on this) take a little more dmg.

regarding other question that is intended, she can equip several of cids weapons mostly halbreg styled due to being
Spoiler: show
 able to continue with story progression end disc1, needed a few extra weapons
« Last Edit: 2024-02-11 11:47:38 by wdx »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11677 on: 2024-02-11 15:20:37 »
Hey Sega,

Thank you for all your work on these awesome mods and the randomizers.

I'm playing NT 2.0 Vanilla Combat Type A and I'm through Junon and I haven't found an Enemy Skill materia yet.  Have they all been removed?

Are there more All materia? I've only seen one so far

I just realised that there won't be one, as I had it set on Red XIII as his initial equipment and removed the other instances of Enemy Skill from the game. However with it being vanilla combat, he won't have it equipped. You may need to add it via a save editor. I can probably distribute more All Materia as well into the actual field screens too as I think some were shifted onto character equipment.

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #11678 on: 2024-02-12 01:41:23 »
that depends on which mode your playing normal/hard.

Thank you for the explanation wdx, It´s all clear now.

PolygonFlux

• View Profile
« Reply #11679 on: 2024-02-12 15:10:11 »
So, I'm playing New Threat 2.0 Vanilla Combat, Path A.
I got to the Shinra building, and on Floor 65 there was an enemy to face Infront of the diorama room. I gave it a go and promptly died and then was revived.

Anyway, further into this section of the game, where you're in the vent listening to the conference, they made mention of Tifa being captured even though she was in my Party. Moments later when visiting the cells, Aerith was swapped out for Tifa. This confused me greatly! It seems like something may have caused my game to switch to Path B?

Anyway, I reloaded my save on Floor 64, and didn't fight the enemy on Floor 65 this time. The conference played out as normal, referencing Aerith being captured. Tifa was not swapped out of my party.

KomradKrunch

• View Profile
« Reply #11680 on: 2024-02-12 15:40:43 »
Hi Sega,

I just started a second playthrough (Type A, Hard Mode, EXP off), and I think I found a bug with Air Buster. Specifically:
I remember from my first playthrough that his reflect would be disabled after stealing his reflect ring. On this run, the reflect never turned off, and there was no message at the top of the screen that said it had been.

Am I misremembering that fight/is that an intended change?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11681 on: 2024-02-13 01:17:49 »
Hi Sega,

I just started a second playthrough (Type A, Hard Mode, EXP off), and I think I found a bug with Air Buster. Specifically:
I remember from my first playthrough that his reflect would be disabled after stealing his reflect ring. On this run, the reflect never turned off, and there was no message at the top of the screen that said it had been.

Am I misremembering that fight/is that an intended change?

I don't think I had anything like that set up, but what I could do is max the steal chance and then have him react to the Steal command to disable the Reflect.

So, I'm playing New Threat 2.0 Vanilla Combat, Path A.
I got to the Shinra building, and on Floor 65 there was an enemy to face Infront of the diorama room. I gave it a go and promptly died and then was revived.

Anyway, further into this section of the game, where you're in the vent listening to the conference, they made mention of Tifa being captured even though she was in my Party. Moments later when visiting the cells, Aerith was swapped out for Tifa. This confused me greatly! It seems like something may have caused my game to switch to Path B?

Anyway, I reloaded my save on Floor 64, and didn't fight the enemy on Floor 65 this time. The conference played out as normal, referencing Aerith being captured. Tifa was not swapped out of my party.

That's quite a bad bug, maybe something was toggled to test something and the toggle wasn't removed. I'll try and get it sorted ASAP, thanks for letting me know and taking the time to figure out the source of it.

Edit:
I think I might have an idea of how this happened. The variable that was used to determine Type A and Type B is one of the ones that was originally used by the character AI in battles to track actions that were intended to influence the Gold Saucer date later in the game but which were ultimately left unused (despite being operational). I think it's the one used to track points for Tifa, and it's affected whenever Cloud covers the character or whenever the character is KO'd (or maybe revived/healed) in battle I think.

I'll need to change the flag used to a different address as vanilla combat uses the vanilla kernel with this AI operational. I think so long as Tifa is in the party and Cloud has Cover, or if Tifa is KO'd/healed maybe, there'll be a risk of the flag being accidentally flipped.

This is a very good example of how bad coding practices can come back to bite you eventually.
« Last Edit: 2024-02-13 01:40:27 by Sega Chief »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11682 on: 2024-02-13 08:51:54 »
I don't think I had anything like that set up, but what I could do is max the steal chance and then have him react to the Steal command to disable the Reflect.

That's quite a bad bug, maybe something was toggled to test something and the toggle wasn't removed. I'll try and get it sorted ASAP, thanks for letting me know and taking the time to figure out the source of it.

Edit:
I think I might have an idea of how this happened. The variable that was used to determine Type A and Type B is one of the ones that was originally used by the character AI in battles to track actions that were intended to influence the Gold Saucer date later in the game but which were ultimately left unused (despite being operational). I think it's the one used to track points for Tifa, and it's affected whenever Cloud covers the character or whenever the character is KO'd (or maybe revived/healed) in battle I think.

I'll need to change the flag used to a different address as vanilla combat uses the vanilla kernel with this AI operational. I think so long as Tifa is in the party and Cloud has Cover, or if Tifa is KO'd/healed maybe, there'll be a risk of the flag being accidentally flipped.

This is a very good example of how bad coding practices can come back to bite you eventually.

could swear depended on which side you cast from left or right with the direction boss was facing too?

themefund

• View Profile
« Reply #11683 on: 2024-02-13 13:23:17 »
When attempting to download from 7th Heaven v3.3.1.0 I get the following error message:

08:50:21|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.Exception: Google Drive - Quota exceeded

What should I do?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11684 on: 2024-02-14 10:24:46 »
When attempting to download from 7th Heaven v3.3.1.0 I get the following error message:

08:50:21|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.Exception: Google Drive - Quota exceeded

What should I do?

in the initial post: there are mega links. try those. download then import the iro via clicking on the iro files themselves after downloaded.  if that doesnt work right hand side near top within 7th heaven has import button browse to the IRO downloaded and import that.  failing above, if you nip onto qhimms discords new threat channel there is an IRO posted within there which can download then import via above methods.

Angelsfury

• View Profile
« Reply #11685 on: 2024-02-14 16:02:14 »
I just realized that there won't be one, as I had it set on Red XIII as his initial equipment and removed the other instances of Enemy Skill from the game. However with it being vanilla combat, he won't have it equipped. You may need to add it via a save editor. I can probably distribute more All Materia as well into the actual field screens too as I think some were shifted onto character equipment.

Good morning Sega Chief!  First I want to thank you for all the work you have done with this mod.  Truly amazing.

This message/bug brings up something that I personally keep coming back to that feels off about the Vanilla Combat versions of NT: the changes to Materia.  As Materia drive many of the spell and combat changes, it seems almost out of place when the equipment changes are all in Combat Only.

Is there any way to separate them out of the other Field Scripting changes and QoL updates (be that in an IRO toggle, global shift to the Combat Only version, or on an individual users mod setup)?
« Last Edit: 2024-02-14 16:04:52 by Angelsfury »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11686 on: 2024-02-16 03:36:59 »

What should I do?

There seemed to be a limit to how many times 7th could ping GDrives as all mods that were hosted on GDrives became unavailable. I added backup links since then so if these fail again in future, they should come direct from the 7th server instead.

Good morning Sega Chief!  First I want to thank you for all the work you have done with this mod.  Truly amazing.

This message/bug brings up something that I personally keep coming back to that feels off about the Vanilla Combat versions of NT: the changes to Materia.  As Materia drive many of the spell and combat changes, it seems almost out of place when the equipment changes are all in Combat Only.

Is there any way to separate them out of the other Field Scripting changes and QoL updates (be that in an IRO toggle, global shift to the Combat Only version, or on an individual users mod setup)?

I'm not 100% on what you mean; do you mean the Materia placements in Vanilla Combat? I could go about setting that up, as I need to set Enemy Skill down again as it's currently unobtainable in it.

KomradKrunch

• View Profile
« Reply #11687 on: 2024-02-17 05:55:43 »

Oh interesting; I must have made that memory up, lol. But that would be a cool gimmick to add to an already gimmicky fight!

rufusluciusivan

• View Profile
« Reply #11688 on: 2024-02-17 13:15:44 »
Hello everyone! Got in the mood to play some FF7 again just for fun. Still having a blast.^^ I think the idea Seraph Sephiroth mentioned to add a quick scene with Cait Sith #2 and then later an other with the spoiler-y character at the City of the Ancients is great. I just fought Demon Wall. I don't know if I didn't update my New Threat correctly, but I didn't come across Cait Sith #2 at Gongaga. (Type A playthrough by the way.) Did someone else already try that part?
« Last Edit: 2024-02-17 13:19:25 by rufusluciusivan »

Alaboboli

• View Profile
« Reply #11689 on: 2024-02-17 13:23:22 »
Hello everyone! Ive been playing New threat for about 3 weeks now and im loving it. The reason im posting this is to inquire about the location of barrets weapons missing score. The documentaion says "Missing Score - X-ATM Scorpion(D)" but I cant seem to decipher the location. The other item I wanted to inquire about is the W-attack materia. The documentation says "W-Attack - Sacred Cave" but i cant seem to place my finger on that location. I hope this is the right place to post this and would appreciate any help! thanks

PolygonFlux

• View Profile
« Reply #11690 on: 2024-02-17 22:42:34 »
Just popping in to report another bug. NT 2.0, Vanilla Combat, Path A.

On Mt. Nibel (second visit) where you fight Scorpion in Path B, there are no models there but a 'Shinra Trooper' text box appears and a battle triggers, but it freezes on a black screen.

No way to progress through this battle, other than to avoid this scenario altogether. However this means missing out on items on this route.

Seraph_Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #11691 on: 2024-02-18 19:53:06 »
What is up with Quadra Magic? When I use magic that has been linked to it, the spell is cast 8 times rather than 4 times.

When I revisited the basement of Nibelheim and
had the flashback where Zack dies, he fights an unwinnable battle, but with Cloud's battle model and name. Is this intentional, or is the battle supposed to have Zack's battle model? I'm using Ninostyle Battle mod, does that make a difference? Here's the list of all the mods I have, in order from top to bottom (using 7th Heaven):

60/30 FPS for NT 2.0, 60/30 FPS, Project Edge/Team Avalanche Remodeled Fields, Tsunamods: SYW Unified Field Textures, Avalanche Arisen Battle Textures, SYW Unfied Battle Textures, SYW Unified Spell Textures, SYW Unified Minigame Textures, Finishing Touch, Enhanced Stock UI, SYW Unified Worldmap Textures, Cosmo Memory, SYW Unified FMV, Ninostyle Battle, Ninostyle Chibi, ReMusic (NT compatibility), EDMusic soundtrack, Dracula9AntiChapel's arranged soundtrack, New Threat 2.0.

One of the lategame sidequests was obtaining the W-Item. Has the mod been balanced around using or not using the W-Item duplication glitch, that is, can I beat all the superbosses without requiring excessive grinding to farm Megalixirs, Hero Drinks and Gospel Sparks?

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #11692 on: 2024-02-19 01:02:51 »
Hello Seraph_Sephiroth.

can I beat all the superbosses without requiring excessive grinding to farm Megalixirs, Hero Drinks and Gospel Sparks?

An easy way is use "Throw" materia in Second Star: "Coin", if you have three of this materia in every character you can
inflict a damage of 29,997 hp in one turn, in fact this technique avoid high defense, even Emerald and Ruby weapon recieve the entire damage.

Other way could be use "Sneak attack", again, in every character, you can use a lot of Summons or use other convinantions.

By the way, after use Sneak attack you can use the Limit Break of every character.

I hope these recomendations help you.
« Last Edit: 2024-02-19 01:15:48 by Final_Figue »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11693 on: 2024-02-19 11:15:15 »
What is up with Quadra Magic? When I use magic that has been linked to it, the spell is cast 8 times rather than 4 times.

had the flashback where Zack dies, he fights an unwinnable battle, but with Cloud's battle model and name. Is this intentional, or is the battle supposed to have Zack's battle model? I'm using Ninostyle Battle mod, does that make a difference? Here's the list of all the mods I have, in order from top to bottom (using 7th Heaven):

60/30 FPS for NT 2.0, 60/30 FPS, Project Edge/Team Avalanche Remodeled Fields, Tsunamods: SYW Unified Field Textures, Avalanche Arisen Battle Textures, SYW Unfied Battle Textures, SYW Unified Spell Textures, SYW Unified Minigame Textures, Finishing Touch, Enhanced Stock UI, SYW Unified Worldmap Textures, Cosmo Memory, SYW Unified FMV, Ninostyle Battle, Ninostyle Chibi, ReMusic (NT compatibility), EDMusic soundtrack, Dracula9AntiChapel's arranged soundtrack, New Threat 2.0.

One of the lategame sidequests was obtaining the W-Item. Has the mod been balanced around using or not using the W-Item duplication glitch, that is, can I beat all the superbosses without requiring excessive grinding to farm Megalixirs, Hero Drinks and Gospel Sparks?

quadra magic was 'upgraded' to octo magic in a fairly recent update to the mod.  likely if still says quadra it will be a different mod which is causing to be displayed incorrectly.
regards grinding there really is no need for any grinding what so ever. materia / equipment is more important than levels etc, the mod can be beating without gaining exp for the entire run (which does require item farming) you should be able to beat superbosses without any of the above items that you mentioned above.   i've sucessfully done a lvl6 playthrough (exception barret and tifa they start game at lvl7) typeb without using w-item glitch on hard mode typeb nor using SP upgrade system.

regarding the return to nibelheim
 you can win the gauntlet of fights, however the reward is same for win/lose 

Seraph_Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #11694 on: 2024-02-19 14:03:06 »
quadra magic was 'upgraded' to octo magic in a fairly recent update to the mod.  likely if still says quadra it will be a different mod which is causing to be displayed incorrectly.
regards grinding there really is no need for any grinding what so ever. 

The problem was likely caused by either the Finishing Touch or Cosmo Memory mod. They both got an update today, and now Quadra Magic shows as Octo Magic.

Iecerint

• View Profile
« Reply #11695 on: 2024-02-20 22:06:59 »
I'm playing New Threat 2.0 Combat Only with Echo-S. I had a random encounter with Shin Godo in the Corel Prison area while I had Yuffie and Barret in my party. I'm assuming this is a glitch as it looks like this is supposed to be the Yuffie endgame ultimate weapon fight.

SkittyKittles

• View Profile
« Reply #11696 on: 2024-02-21 07:11:13 »
Hello. I'm playing New threat 2.0 vanilla combat and just got passed the gold saucer prison and acess to the buggy, went to Gonganga and I assume it's a part of this mod as it's been forever since I played the actual game on ps1 but Scarlet sends out a silver version of the buggy and the game crashes when the battle starts. I'm guessing it's not part of vanilla and that's why it crashes?.

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #11697 on: 2024-02-21 12:56:38 »
Hello SkittyKittles.

I'm guessing it's not part of vanilla and that's why it crashes?.

Just in case: Are you using the option "Save anywhere"? If you do you have to close the game (not reset) and then use your save file. If you don´t you´ll see a black screen.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11698 on: 2024-02-21 13:33:52 »
Hello everyone! Ive been playing New threat for about 3 weeks now and im loving it. The reason im posting this is to inquire about the location of barrets weapons missing score. The documentaion says "Missing Score - X-ATM Scorpion(D)" but I cant seem to decipher the location. The other item I wanted to inquire about is the W-attack materia. The documentation says "W-Attack - Sacred Cave" but i cant seem to place my finger on that location. I hope this is the right place to post this and would appreciate any help! thanks

He's sitting up at the Corel Reactor; to reach the plateau he's on, you have to jump onto the path from the train tracks on the next screen.

W-Attack is in the Da Chao fire cave; to get in there, revisit the pagoda with Yuffie to get the Leviathan Scales to get in.

Just popping in to report another bug. NT 2.0, Vanilla Combat, Path A.

On Mt. Nibel (second visit) where you fight Scorpion in Path B, there are no models there but a 'Shinra Trooper' text box appears and a battle triggers, but it freezes on a black screen.

No way to progress through this battle, other than to avoid this scenario altogether. However this means missing out on items on this route.

I'll fix that up; there's some things I missed when removing stuff that'd be incompatible with vanilla combat.

I bumped it up to Octo-Magic but oddly it doesn't seem to work for most and still only casts 4 times; it seems for you though it's getting the 8 casts but has the wrong name.

The reason that battle uses Cloud's name is because renaming a character also resets other information about them such as their sources used, so I wasn't able to rename them and then offer the player the chance to rename them back (some players use custom names so I can't just rename it back to Cloud). There was also a link to Cait Sith where renaming Cloud affects him due to Cait & Young Cloud sharing a slot. The battle also does use a Zack battle model for that part but I suspect model mods override it.

I'm playing New Threat 2.0 Combat Only with Echo-S. I had a random encounter with Shin Godo in the Corel Prison area while I had Yuffie and Barret in my party. I'm assuming this is a glitch as it looks like this is supposed to be the Yuffie endgame ultimate weapon fight.

It seems that the Cactuar formation sits in the section where you'd normally expect to see World Map encounters and I've repurposed it to set up some additional enemies instead. I'll fix this for combat only and put cactuar back here.

Hello. I'm playing New threat 2.0 vanilla combat and just got passed the gold saucer prison and acess to the buggy, went to Gonganga and I assume it's a part of this mod as it's been forever since I played the actual game on ps1 but Scarlet sends out a silver version of the buggy and the game crashes when the battle starts. I'm guessing it's not part of vanilla and that's why it crashes?.

Something I've missed while pruning out NT encounters for vanilla combat; I'll remove it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11699 on: 2024-02-21 14:01:25 »
I've updated 2.0's Vanilla Combat and Combat Only:

VC
*) Forced the Type A (regular) Gongaga Reactor scene to avoid the new battle
*) Removed the encounter with Shinra Troopers on Mt. Nibel

CO
*) Restored the Cactuar formation for Corel Desert prison
« Last Edit: 2024-02-21 14:04:19 by Sega Chief »