Author Topic: Using debug room to start new game  (Read 4792 times)

bishmanrock

Using debug room to start new game
« on: 2009-01-03 22:20:16 »
Is there a way by using the debug room or any programs to restart a game with all items\character levels? I used a save editor and sent my party to the debug room, but I can't figure out if there's an option to reset the world - when I sent myself back to the reactor it was already rigged to explode and the chests were already opened.

Is there a way to get round this so I can check things out that I missed first time? I couldn't spot a final answer to this on the forum, although it didn't seem to be a widely asked thing.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Using debug room to start new game
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-03 23:08:59 »
Gamefaqs is your friend. Apparently, speaking to Yuffie and choosing "NEW START" will let you restart the game (presumably with all your stats and equipment). Speaking to Cid in the top room and choosing "opening (-s-)" might work as well.

bishmanrock

« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-03 23:21:18 »
I did try the New Start I think and I'm sure that just lead me to the platform screen and I was stuck in the background, might have to double check that, but I'm sure it didn't work properly. I was going off a different guide off GameFAQ's, though, so I'll read through that one and get back to you.

EDIT: Just checked it. Cloud gets stuck behind the scene, I can't see him and I can't move him (the pointer comes up though if I press select).

Anyone had any luck with this?

EDIT2: Anyone have any ideas? Are there any programs with this sort of functionality in?
« Last Edit: 2009-01-11 21:45:30 by bishmanrock »

Bosque

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-01 03:07:54 »
I'm ressurecting this old topic since I found out how to do this...

Make sure you are using Aali's OpenGL driver, to use the 'emergency save' feature.

Step 1: Get in the Debug Room.
Step 2: Talk to Yuffie and select 'Global Reset'.
Step 3: Don't press the menu key here or you'll get stuck. Talk to Yuffie again and select 'New Start'
Step 4: The emergency save dialog will pop-up, select yes.
Step 5: Rename crash.ff7 in your save directory to save00-09.ff7
Step 6: Open the save on a save editor (I used Jenova for this) and put yourself on Disk 1. Save the changes.
Step 7: Run FFVII, select the 'Emergency Save', and you'll be at the Debug Room.
Step 8: Talk to Yuffie again and select 'New Start'
Step 9: You should see the beginning FMV. Congrats, you've just started a New Game+!

I don't know what further implications this may have (like for Sephiroth and Young Cloud, since you'll already have at least Cait Sith), but feel free to investigate.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-10-01 03:27:41 »
I'm ressurecting this old topic since I found out how to do this...

Make sure you are using Aali's OpenGL driver, to use the 'emergency save' feature.

Step 1: Get in the Debug Room.
Step 2: Talk to Yuffie and select 'Global Reset'.
Step 3: Don't press the menu key here or you'll get stuck. Talk to Yuffie again and select 'New Start'
Step 4: The emergency save dialog will pop-up, select yes.
Step 5: Rename crash.ff7 in your save directory to save00-09.ff7
Step 6: Open the save on a save editor (I used Jenova for this) and put yourself on Disk 1. Save the changes.
Step 7: Run FFVII, select the 'Emergency Save', and you'll be at the Debug Room.
Step 8: Talk to Yuffie again and select 'New Start'
Step 9: You should see the beginning FMV. Congrats, you've just started a New Game+!

I don't know what further implications this may have (like for Sephiroth and Young Cloud, since you'll already have at least Cait Sith), but feel free to investigate.

:-o
AMAZING work, bosque. Can somebody else confirm this?
I'm also not quite familiar with how to access the debug room...

Bosque

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-10-01 03:29:33 »
:-o
AMAZING work, bosque. Can somebody else confirm this?
I'm also not quite familiar with how to access the debug room...

Use Jenova. That's pretty much the simplest way to do it.