Author Topic: [FF7,PSX] localised versions/releases  (Read 3240 times)

Micky

• View Profile
[FF7,PSX] localised versions/releases
« on: 2009-11-10 19:31:26 »
I was wondering, is there any definite list about the different versions of FF7 that were released? And has anyone compared which files are different in each?

So far I know about:
- NTSC Japanese original
- NTSC Japanese international
- NTSC Japanese international [PSONE BOOKS]
- NTSC US/Canada
- PAL Spanish
- PAL English
- PAL German
- PAL French

Are the platinum editions in any way different to the original releases or the Playstation store versions? Is there a single PAL version for Europe and Australia? Is the Japanese FF7 International in Japanese, English, or selectable English/Japanese?
Official Translations seem to be English, Spanish, French and German. Is there a list of all the existing fan translations?

Sorry, this should really be a FAQ somewhere, but so far my Google-fu has failed me. Most of the stuff I found was related to Advent Children or Crisis Core.

Update: PAL is a separate version for each supported language.
Update: Found about PAL-French and Japanese PSOne release. Are those all?
« Last Edit: 2009-11-10 20:42:46 by Micky »

Eslava

• View Profile
Re: [FF7,PSX] localised versions/releases
« Reply #1 on: 2009-11-10 19:59:35 »
I can confirm that there are different versions of the european PAL release depending on the language since I own the spanish one. There is the english and german ones aswell, other languages i cannot confirm.

InuRa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-17 02:18:26 »
And... there is the one Final Fantasy VII you can buy from the PlayStation Store too.
I'm not even sure if this one is divided by regions too tho. :|

Micky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-12-17 06:44:08 »
And... there is the one Final Fantasy VII you can buy from the PlayStation Store too.
I'm not even sure if this one is divided by regions too tho. :|
From what I understand they're identical to the last disc release for each region.