Author Topic: FF7 PSX Field Scipt Opcodes  (Read 3708 times)

mrcloudy

FF7 PSX Field Scipt Opcodes
« on: 2009-08-08 20:09:55 »
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to kill the background music for battles, and disable the victory music at completion. Opcode F6 selects the music, and it looks like i can disable the victory music with opcode 22. Do I need to uncompress and modify a /field/*.dat file? If so, what editor do I need? I can only seem to find PC editors... I've searched all over the place. I don't know where to start looking. If anyone can point me in the correct direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

ignitz

• View Profile

mrcloudy

Re: FF7 PSX Field Scipt Opcodes
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-09 07:38:10 »
been there already. thanks anyway.

ignitz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-08-09 15:38:44 »
http://lasyan3.free.fr/index.php?page=ff7-outils

The Hack7 1.3 can disassembly the OPCODES Event... see the tab Event or Evenements.

mrcloudy

« Reply #4 on: 2009-08-09 18:31:29 »
thank you!!!! I'll give this a try!!

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-08-15 00:48:54 »
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to kill the background music for battles, and disable the victory music at completion. Opcode F6 selects the music, and it looks like i can disable the victory music with opcode 22. Do I need to uncompress and modify a /field/*.dat file? If so, what editor do I need? I can only seem to find PC editors... I've searched all over the place. I don't know where to start looking. If anyone can point me in the correct direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I believe all battles have there own script in fact they all do. Some a very short. Some battles do not have the same background music (if you have noticed).  So my guess is the place to look is in the BATTLE area not the field scripts.  Area has specific battles for it as well as world map has specific random battles.
Battle I think has it's own script engine as well. I suggest you look again at the WIKI.

Cyb