Author Topic: Problem after modifying a save with Jenova then playing it and saving in game  (Read 2077 times)

moldcat

Hello, hello. Nice afro smilie. I've been playing Final Fantasy VII for PC. I'm on the first disc. When I got the Little Bronco plane the FMV kept crashing FFVII, so I used your program to modify the save to make the game think that I was on the second disc. It played working FMVs from the second disc and I got past the point and saved my game at the first opportunity. However, when I went back into Jenova to open the save file again and change it back to disc 1, Jenova couldn't read it. It's save file number seven, and the number seven just disappears in the Jenova window. When I try clicking file->open and select save 7, it loads the saves from before the edit but not the one from afterwards. Is there a way to fix this? I don't want the rest of my disc 1 FMVs to be from disc two... Thanks so very much! -Lance

Ohmeohmy

Make sure the FFVII save directory in the bottom left corner is correct, and load save 00. It should automatically load saves 01-10. Atleast thats what it does for me.

moldcat

Still does the same thing... :/

update: It's not actually opening 7 when I click the "..." and select it. It's just switching to 8. 7 won't show up at all.
« Last Edit: 2006-06-07 22:07:32 by moldcat »

zero88

• View Profile
Have you tried reading your movies off of your harddrive? If not, consult the "play FMVs off your harddrive" guide located at http://www.ff7-universe.com, in the downloads section at the very bottom of the page.

If this does not solve your problem, delete the problematic video, and then copy one of your working FMVs, rename it EXACTLY as what the problematic video was named, and that should solve your problem...

If nothing works, then it's an error in your Final Fantasy VII somewhere and not the FMVs. As always, make you're playing in Windows 98 compatibility if you're using XP.

moldcat

I was going to tell you I had already done that and it hadn't worked, but then I thought maybe I was replacing the wrong video... I was. It worked. :D Thanks so much!

By the way... are there any methods of converting a FFVII PC save file to a PSX memory card file for emulators? Thanks again.