Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2436260 times)

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #826 on: 2013-06-01 01:08:26 »
Thank Kompass.
But I was on 13.5 beta, same thing. I tried the older 13.4, same thing too, as related on that post.
When it worked, I was on an out to date 12.9, who ran perfectly.

Does I have to downgrade at 12.x ?

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2013-06-01 04:30:23 »
We don't know yet but you should use the thread he linked to troubleshoot this issue. This is a tutorial FAQ and specific issues with hardware/driver problems belong in the troubleshooting forum, in my not always so humble opinion.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 2013-06-01 10:33:44 »
Okay, so I installed the 13.5 beta from the link to that post and curiously, it works again.
With 13.5 beta downloaded directly from AMD servers, won't work. Strange, but now, it works fine.
Thanks to you !

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2013-06-01 14:10:50 »
Second question - is it possible to install individual mods using Booleg after the first round of installs has occurred?

I'm looking back and thinking I may want to experience the nightmare or hardcore mod. Not sure if I have to do a fresh install.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 2013-06-01 15:23:59 »
Okay, so I installed the 13.5 beta from the link to that post and curiously, it works again.
With 13.5 beta downloaded directly from AMD servers, won't work. Strange, but now, it works fine.
Thanks to you !
???
The link is from AMD's server (www2.ati.com). It would have to be the same file.
Perhaps the first run was only uninstall the old driver?

Second question - is it possible to install individual mods using Booleg after the first round of installs has occurred?

I'm looking back and thinking I may want to experience the nightmare or hardcore mod. Not sure if I have to do a fresh install.
Bootleg is not designed to remove already installed Mod's back.
I would recommend to uninstall everything and reinstall again.
You can of course try later to install individual's Mod without using bootleg to see if that works, but I do not know.

Xenovann

• Currently working on 7 A.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2013-06-01 21:54:57 »
Just a heads up, to benefit others you may want to change the tutorial and put the part about Aali's Custom Graphics Driver (more specifically tell them to download it first) before you go into the bootleg settings. It would save people, like myself, from having to stop everything after getting to the point of the graphics and sound. Having to exit out and install Aali's Driver and then have to click run and wait for it to get to the graphics driver tab all over again.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 2013-06-01 21:57:27 »
Bootleg automatically installs Aali's driver, you don't need to install it yourself.

Xenovann

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 2013-06-01 22:08:55 »
Touché.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 2013-06-01 22:10:46 »
Did Bootleg finish installing without Aali's driver for you? If so, this should be documented.

Xenovann

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2013-06-01 22:14:41 »
No the menu that popped up was Aali's. I just thought I had to see the actual name Aali's blah blah blah in the select list for graphics. Little did I know I was already using it.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 2013-06-01 22:29:27 »
Bootleg is a fully automated process that does everything for you (besides download the correct mods) so things like the update, the driver and game converting don't need to be performed manually.

Xenovann

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 2013-06-01 22:35:50 »
Yeah its pretty good at that, seemed like a hot mess when i was reading how to do it but its kind of straight forward. Download the mods put them in a folder, download bootleg, run it, choose your mods, select the folders everything's in, check for red, and then run it and wait a year.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 2013-06-01 22:36:31 »
A year? It doesn't take THAT long lol.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #839 on: 2013-06-02 00:56:47 »
Step 9 tells how to enable Aali's Driver, and there is an image that shows the message for when it's enabled. I didn't explain that it will read "Custom Driver" when you enable it. Is this what confused you?

Xenovann

• View Profile
« Reply #840 on: 2013-06-02 06:47:15 »
Yep thats why.

Might as well tell you I also had some problem with music but fixed it after finding a download for ff7 music (which didnt install for me during bootleg) and tinkering with its settings.

My only problem now is I cant seem to change my prelude wallpaper at all through bootleg. Its just stuck on the JordieBo one no matter which I pick. I even tried following the note on the Grimmy Sephiroth (since Jordies links are dead) one to manually do it but it didnt change a thing. 

Quote:
"1. Back up original cr_us.lgp
2  replace with new cr_us.lgp, changing name from XXXXXXcr_us.lgp to cr_us.lgp"

I replaced it in the 2 locations I found the files ( data\ccr & data\cd) and nothing happened. Im sure theres an easy answer for this and Im missing something.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 2013-06-02 06:57:54 »
Prelude images are in the ...\mods\Bootleg\cr folder.

Xenovann

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 2013-06-02 07:07:26 »
Theres just a diced up picture of the JordieBo wallpaper. Am I supposed to have a diced up pick of the wallpaper I want? Cause that didnt come in the zip.

darthcaius

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 2013-06-02 13:56:18 »
Ok, thanks for the heads up on the graphics card. I knew I was doing everything correctly. I'l retry it on my desktop and just play the original on my laptop when I can. Thanks for the replies and carry on doing great work!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 2013-06-02 15:34:13 »
There are 5 files for the JordieBo wallpaper. Either raname them (remember the original names if you want to revert back), or cut/paste them to a backup folder. Then make a backup of ...data\cd\cr_us.lpg and paste the Grimmy Sephiroth into that folder, renaming it to cr_us.lpg. I just tested this and it works fine. This is a bug if you selected Grimmy's Sephiroth with Bootleg, so thanks for pointing it out  :)

LightAcolyte

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2013-06-02 16:00:47 »
Everything seems to work fine with my installation of FF7 2012 PC re-release with the Tifa Bootleg, except that on my first visit to the Gold Saucer, Dio's chest is missing.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #846 on: 2013-06-02 16:19:52 »
Followed all instructions, and everything worked perfectly.  Well...so far anyway.  Just see lots of people having troubles, wanted to let you know that the instructions work for some people as well!

-2012 Rerelease
-Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Xenovann

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 2013-06-02 17:35:32 »
EQ2Alyza, I tried all that, the problem is theres no png images to replace the original. Isnt it? Cause moving those files changes nothing for me.

I just now renamed a random wallpaper to one of the original diced up pics name (opback_b_00) and it came up when I loaded the game but only in a section. Guess Ill just dice the pic up in gimp the way the original was and then itll be fine. I have a better wallpaper in mind anyhow.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-02 17:59:00 by Xenovann »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 2013-06-02 20:57:01 »
You need to delete the cache folder in your mods folder, if you are using compressed textures.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 2013-06-02 21:25:12 »
EQ2Alyza, I tried all that, the problem is theres no png images to replace the original. Isnt it? Cause moving those files changes nothing for me.

I just now renamed a random wallpaper to one of the original diced up pics name (opback_b_00) and it came up when I loaded the game but only in a section. Guess Ill just dice the pic up in gimp the way the original was and then itll be fine. I have a better wallpaper in mind anyhow.

Kaldarasha suggested clearing the cache folder, so try that.

We're not trying to replace the PNGs, but rather remove them from the ...\mods\Bootleg\cr folder that way the game will move to registering cr_us.lpg. If by "nothing changes" you mean that Jordie's full wallpaper still shows, then the PNGs were not properly removed. Once they are removed from its folder and Grimmy's zip is extracted to its folder and renamed to cr_us.lpg, you're done. It 100% works for me, so I don't know what else advice to give  :-\

P.S. If you find an image you like, you could probably throw it in an editing program, split it into 6 parts, and save them as opback_a_00.png, opback_b_00.png, etc. and then replace them in the ...\mods\Bootleg\cr folder. I said before there were 5 parts, but there are actually 6. Sorry about that!