Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2436109 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1450 on: 2013-07-26 02:15:15 »
alright, it worked!
Thanks a bunch!
Just one more question though: Maybe I'll have to do it with Yuffie too, right? If that is the case, how should I procede? I'm guessing the files, even though they are for different characters, have the same name and I will be asked to ovewrite them, right? I'll have to choose which one I won't want to be bugged?

Grimmys Yuffie is broken though so make sure you're using Whiteravens. It's an updated version of Grimmys so they look pretty similar for the most part, but it has updates and corrections made to it.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: 2013-07-26 03:44:45 »
This is worth discussing. I know for a fact cmh175 is on an Nvidia card. This GL out of memory thing is Nvidia related maybe? But in the second link Kompass posted, that guy says he had postprocessing on. Cmh you aren't running post-processing are you? My Radeon card will try to do it, says it's working, makes no improvement and drops my fps considerably if I also have Anti-Aliasing forced on.

Edit: Wow... OK yeah, I'm gonna put something about this in the FAQ. VBO and PBO should work perfectly on NVIDIA cards, even while using texture-caching. Post processing is not working right now, and it probably will cause a video related crash on either card. 
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 04:10:44 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: 2013-07-26 03:49:28 »
This is worth discussing. I know for a fact cmh175 is on an Nvidia card. This GL out of memory thing is Nvidia related maybe? But in the second link Kompass posted, that guy says he had postprocessing on. Cmh you aren't running post-processing are you? My Radeon card will try to do it, says it's working, makes no improvement and drops my fps considerably if I also have Anti-Aliasing forced on.

...yes I've been running post processing. It promised me good things. Sounds like that's the issue than huh? It uses up more memory than FF7 can handle. Are the other options like pbo and vbo ok or are they contributing to the error? I was thinking not having these options running in the 7thwrapper maybe why I was getting a delay with the ff7music. I'm not sure though of course, I posted the error code in that thread though.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 03:53:39 by cmh175 »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: 2013-07-26 04:22:07 »
I do not think the problem is in post-processing.
I think it is up to VBO and PBO, the first was not listed by Aali.

But I can be wrong ...
What postprocessing filter are you using?
How long must you play FF7, so it crashes?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: 2013-07-26 04:23:25 »
I play with the no-light bloom post-processing effect and lots of AA and I never have slowdown. It is also visually working correctly.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 04:25:31 by [CleverNameHere] »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: 2013-07-26 04:34:05 »
Actually you're probably right about the vbo and pbo. I forgot that when you disable the shading options in the plugins tab I think it unchecks post processing. I haven't used the shading options since I did my fmv mod. They darken the videos some and after spending....too long looking at each video with the color and contrast settings I used they looked off to me. I had v-sync and everything else on the right side checked other than post processing.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: 2013-07-26 04:53:43 »
I play with the no-light bloom post-processing effect and lots of AA and I never have slowdown. It is also visually working correctly.
OK! Sweet. This is good info to have, sincerely. Is that one of the filter sets that comes with bootleg? I actually also wanted to ask you about the thing you did with the NVIDIA wrapper file rename... Could you not play ff7 at all for a while before that? I vaguely remember you writing that your ff7config had been broken until that fix was posted. And if you get super bored and want to show the effects off can we see screenies in hi-res? Maybe just snipping tool a good res shot of Cloud looking into the camera from the opening scene? I haven't had anyone tell me they are working visually. I mean, I can get them to do SOMETHING, but it's not what they are supposed to do.

So maybe it's a certain .post file that works, and some of the others will cause crashes, but Aali used to say that PBO and VBO should work for Nvidia. On my Radeon I have to turn off PBO or texture caching won't work right. But new drivers all the time. So maybe things changed on the Nvidia side.

Edit: @ CNH Do you use PBO and VBO? I know you have a good setup but I forget if you are running SLI?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 04:59:34 by Template »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 2013-07-26 04:56:23 »
I was able to play prior, but my config worked only the first time after install. I am not using Bootleg, and the post is just the default bloom2.post but the no-light fix version.

Dukeinator

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: 2013-07-26 05:12:38 »
I purchased the Steam edition of FF7 and am encountering some difficulty getting Tifa's bootleg to work. It appears as if only some of the mods are working and the game is extremely unplayable. The first menu screen is using the default wallpaper instead of the custom settings and it is almost completely white. After the opening FMV only the character models show up and the background is completely white. After winning the first fight Clouds portrait was missing in the menu screen. The dialogue is almost impossible to read from the white effect on the screen. I have tried to uninstall and re-install a bunch of times but I'm not having any success. I'm using an E8400 with a 660GTX+4GB of ram. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also the first few times I installed it I was trying to use Bootleg + Rumbah and the FMVs would not load. Reinstalling with Rumbah 1280 Smooth fixed the issue. Not sure why that was happening. All of the mods came from a ~17GB torrent and I'm using Bootleg 040. All of the items appear in green or yellow.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 05:17:29 by Dukeinator »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: 2013-07-26 05:22:10 »
The new beta driver of Nvidia makes every texture white.

Install the one before the beta. The driver 320.49 will work. You can download it from the Nvidia hompage.

Dukeinator

• View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: 2013-07-26 05:24:56 »
Wow that's great news. I'm gonna rollback now. Thanks so much.

savigy

• View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: 2013-07-26 12:22:20 »
First of all many thanks for this guide and all the work put into the mods.

I have a question regarding the Menu Overhaul ( ? ) and it's pretty much the only thing bothering me so far; I like the new style a lot but why is the little arrow next to the magic that is joint with an All materia gone.  For example normally if I have Fire + All - in the Magic menu there would be an arrow next to Fire meaning that there is All with it which dissapears when I have used up it's charges.  It's a small thing, but I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: 2013-07-26 13:13:07 »
Edit: @ CNH Do you use PBO and VBO? I know you have a good setup but I forget if you are running SLI?

Me? I do have them checked. Just about everything that said it boosted the games performance and needed a powerful pc and gpu and I switched on. I eventually turned off post processing since it gets unchecked if you change the shading option to disable in the plugins tab. PBO and VBO could be the culprits of the GL error. By the way, further investigating this is a good idea but maybe we should resurrect the original post in troubleshooting. This will start gumming up the tutorial thread for new members. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12159.msg168474#msg168474
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 13:35:10 by cmh175 »

Nahald

• View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: 2013-07-26 18:13:22 »
I recently used FFVII bootleg to change all the main characters' field models to their Classic Chibi models. For some reason though it doesn't change Sephiroth to his Classic Chibi model, instead it changes him to his Rebuilded model. I've tried a few different things, even seeing if applying the Rebuild model would actually apply the Classic Chibi model, but nothing seems to work. I would apply the mod manually, but for that I need an LGP extractor and I haven't been able to find one that's still available to download, all the links on the wiki are now dead. Anyone have any ideas?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: 2013-07-26 19:44:05 »
I would apply the mod manually, but for that I need an LGP extractor and I haven't been able to find one that's still available to download, all the links on the wiki are now dead. Anyone have any ideas?
I commend you for  wanting to attempt LGP modifcation. The wiki is neglected... Try the Big List of Mods tools section, I like uLGP .5 for simple stuff like this. Also you might just try direct mode, which is simpler and faster to test models with, as explained here.

Edit: thanks Clever. Trying to keep abreast of whats going on in Nvidia ff7 world. Seems like I now want another card to test with... er... replace my 6850 with... er... /sniff. Because of your testimony I'm fairly sure the GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY issues are coming from PBO or VBO. These newer GPUs and CPUs are so fast now... these little driver speed tricks are totally unnecessary anyway.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 21:42:07 by Template »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: 2013-07-26 19:56:35 »
Template, I do use SLI cards, but only for games such as Metro and Crysis 1, not for FF7. I just use one of them and I don't use PBO or VBO.

Nahald

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 2013-07-26 21:43:04 »
I commend you for  wanting to attempt LGP modifcation. The wiki is neglected... Try the Big List of Mods tools section, I like uLGP .5 for simple stuff like this. Also you might just try direct mode, which is simpler and faster to test models with, as explained here.

Edit: thanks Clever. Trying to keep abreast of whats going on in Nvidia ff7 world. Seems like I now want another card to test with... er... replace my 6850 with... er... /sniff
Thanks but I already figured everything out, turns out the problem is that there is no chibi mod for Sephiroth's non-sword wielding model, which is kind of dumb considering that you see that model in the game more than any of the others.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: 2013-07-26 21:46:35 »
Nahald,
The Chibi Reconstruction Project is incomplete. Some of Sephiroth's chibi models are missing.
There are chibi models available for two of Sephiroth's models: BBAB - Sephiroth with Sword and BGJC - Sephiroth with Sword 2.
There are two missing chibi models for Sephiroth: BKHD - Sephiroth and EOEA - Sephiroth with Book.

DAYLIO

• View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: 2013-07-27 03:57:15 »
New Here...
Trying to Play FF7 (Steam version) on my PC.
Videos are crashing the game.
Code: [Select]
APP.LOG
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 4.2.12002 Compatibility Profile Context 9.12.0.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1920x1080, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: fragment shader compile log:
WARNING: 0:14: warning(#260) Keyword "precision" is supported in GLSL 1.3
WARNING: 0:19: warning(#62) enable/warn/disable extension is not found. Extension "GL_ARB_framebuffer_object" is not supported

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: E:\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 313
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 311
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
fade music volume: 60->0, step=127
set music volume: 60
set music volume trans: 60->0, step=127
INFO: E:\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\northmk.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 16.184000, frames: 243
INFO: E:\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\mk8.avi; h264/null 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 3.467000, frames: 52
GLITCH: missed palette write to external texture field/md8_3/md8_3_15
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 328
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 329
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 330
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: E:\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\ontrain.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 12.800000, frames: 192
ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2013-07-27 05:35:43 by DAYLIO »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: 2013-07-27 04:15:19 »
New Here...
Trying to Play FF7 (Steam version) on my PC.
Videos are crashing the game.

Hiya, couple things: you're using video drivers that don't like ff7modded. Look at this thread.
Also, turn PBO off and post processing off, they do not work with our Radeon HD cards at this time.
VBO & texture caching should work fine and I would recommend them, they will cause a stutter the very first time some textures are loaded, and they will be stored thereafter for loading heavy animations like the chocobo summon quickly.
Hope that helps  :)

DAYLIO

• View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: 2013-07-27 04:57:18 »
Hiya, couple things: you're using video drivers that don't like ff7modded. Look at this thread.
Also, turn PBO off and post processing off, they do not work with our Radeon HD cards at this time.
VBO & texture caching should work fine and I would recommend them, they will cause a stutter the very first time some textures are loaded, and they will be stored thereafter for loading heavy animations like the chocobo summon quickly.
Hope that helps  :)
NO load now.
APP Log:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2013-07-27 05:35:58 by DAYLIO »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: 2013-07-27 05:15:58 »
The first thing I would ask you about setting longer texts in [ code ] and not in [ quote ] (the # symbol)
Secondly, I want to ask you, do you work in the Secret Service? Your information is very brief  ;D
The third question I would ask you to restart your PC so the main memory and graphics memory is free again.

DAYLIO

• View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: 2013-07-27 05:29:31 »
The first thing I would ask you about setting longer texts in [ code ] and not in [ quote ] (the # symbol)
Secondly, I want to ask you, do you work in the Secret Service? Your information is very brief  ;D
The third question I would ask you to restart your PC so the main memory and graphics memory is free again.
Sorry! I don't post to forums very often.
I have tried to reset my pc and am experiencing the same issue. I would like to add my PC specs for review.
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor 2.60 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB 7.75 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: 2013-07-27 05:38:05 »
Before you install the 13.5Beta2, it may be necessary to uninstall the current display driver. The 13.5 may not overwrite the current driver.
The Catalyst 13.5Beta2 contains the display driver version 12.102.3.0 from April-16-2013.
You can determine your version by using Device Manager.
Do you have a different version, the 13.5 the previous version has not overwritten.
In this case, please uninstall the display driver separately before you install the 13.5 again.