Author Topic: [Solved]Problem with FF7 PSX, Window.bin and other doubts  (Read 2431 times)

spy__dragon

• View Profile
Hello, maybe I commented in other post, we are doing a spanish translation in FF7, and I looked the
FF7 international of Gemini.

Well, the original font is some big, so we looked the font of Gemini, and the PC version there were
two fonts, one narrow and other wide, the wide is like font of Gemini. So, my partner dumped the narrow font. Later, with
Hack 7, we extracted the font of psx in format TIM and later with Timviewer, TIM->BMP.
My partner with photoshop, ajusted the palet and the font, and then we did reverse, BMP->TIM
and with Hack 7, insert font TIM, and voilá, the result was great.

Here the images:

The first image, it can see that the font sees good.

By xuliko_91 at 2012-06-11

But, the second, I have the big problem...

By xuliko_91 at 2012-06-11

The name's objects, name of configuration, and equip, dissapeared, and if you quit the menu,
the game crashes. Other experiment I tried, it was changing the witdh of the font with Hack7, not
replace the wide font for narrow font, but the problem was the same, the object names and other
sub-menu, don't appear or the game crashes.

I have many questions about script, graphics and about minigames, but so far, I wish solucionate this problem.

Greetings.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-30 17:53:46 by spy__dragon »

vayneruel

• View Profile
Re: Problem with FF7 PSX, Window.bin and other doubts
« Reply #1 on: 2012-06-13 11:36:58 »
Ey tio gran trabajo llevo tiempo pensando en cambiar la fuente del juego pero no sabia muy bien como.Lo unico que se me ocurre por lo que puede ser el fallo es que la imagen tim que has modificado sea algo distinta a la original¿las has comparado bien?suerte

spy__dragon

• View Profile
Re: Problem with FF7 PSX, Window.bin and other doubts
« Reply #2 on: 2012-06-13 17:52:26 »
Ey tio gran trabajo llevo tiempo pensando en cambiar la fuente del juego pero no sabia muy bien como.Lo unico que se me ocurre por lo que puede ser el fallo es que la imagen tim que has modificado sea algo distinta a la original¿las has comparado bien?suerte

Please, guy. This forum is English, then It should speak in English not in whatever language, try speak English.

Anyway, speaking about the font, in the PC version the font appears great without errors,  but I think it must modify
the memory of psx or archive denominated YAMADA.BIN