Author Topic: New home grown sound effects/Foley work  (Read 23645 times)

Shademp

• View Profile
Re: New home grown sound effects/Foley work
« Reply #25 on: 2014-07-06 15:45:39 »
That's some awesome work you made there, Fluffybumthecat!

I sent a pm to you 1 1/2 weeks ago about possible work, but I just read that the email notifications on Qhimm isn't working right now. So I'm alerting you to the mail via your thread instead. If you haven't noticed it yet, please check your messages for the mail I sent 12 days ago. =) Please send a reply via personal message and not on the forum.

fluffybumthecat

• "I am so Verdun with this game"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2014-07-06 15:50:40 »
Hey fluffybumthecat,
You have asked for work, haven't you? Well here we go. I need several ambient background sounds: busy city, dirty slum, suspicious black market, temple in the wood, deep forest, what ever you could imagine for the field scenes. This will be a lot of work, but it would be worth the effort.

PS: Your name reminds me on this:

Is this busy city to include car/vehicle noises?  I'm working on that right now.  just got back from 2nd anniversairy holiday with gf so been away for a bit.  I'll take the initiative and do it with traffic for now.  What city did you have in mind?  Slums will be interesting.

EDIT:

here's about 45 mins of work, just a quick hashup, is this what you had in mind for busy city?

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/y3nlidlfvpyxc2k/Busy_City_DONE.wav
« Last Edit: 2014-07-06 22:22:13 by fluffybumthecat »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2014-07-07 11:44:39 »
Can you make the car noise a bit more silence? I plan to use this for Upper Midgar, maybe Junon too. But there isn't much traffic seen (I guess I should ask Scrat to make some cars). After the explosion of Reactor1 should be also there some sound of the fire department and of the military police.

The slums should sound possibly a little bit like a train station, because the main pillar is seen from every point in the slums, so the trains which drive there should also be heard at any point in the slums. I would also add some echo effects to the train sound regarding the architecture of Midgar.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #28 on: 2014-07-07 12:33:07 »
Also this sounds more like a modern city... as far as I remember Midgar used to have old cars...  :wink:

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2014-07-07 13:20:48 »
I think they couldn't made it better. Midgar is a high tech city, even the intro shows a lot of traffic, but then you don't see anything of it in game. The ambient sound will definitely help to let the city feel BIG.

(You know the Highway minigame would be a lot cooler if there would be some traffic on it. Some thing like the Burnout games. But if I look at the bike minigame they plan to make for the mobiles, I fear they will create another Tron race minigame with thousands of effects.)

fluffybumthecat

• "I am so Verdun with this game"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2014-07-07 16:24:55 »
I need stuff like that specified to be honest. Can't just slap sound to something where you can't see what is on view. Post some screens of the area you want and I'll go from there

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2014-07-10 21:10:00 »
I knew that some kind of preview is needed for inspiration. For you are this pictures for me is it music. You could use Makou Reactor to extract the image of a scene. It would be better if someone would help you out with it and give you some raw background information to the scene. I would love to do it, but I want to go back to overhauling the models, so I can't offer much time to other projects.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2014-07-29 16:16:27 »
So I will first finish Deus EX Human Revolution DC.

After that I will post for you the field screens with some thoughts I have to the them.
I think the structure will be:
  • Scene name
  • meaning of the scene
  • general sound suggestion
  • possible sound sources in the scene

This should be enough to give you an idea what ambient sound will suits the best.

This will be a long time project and I think best is to start with the bombing mission, so we will see how well this will look sound. However only one channel for the ambient sound might not be enough.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: 2014-07-29 19:38:27 »
This will be a long time project and I think best is to start with the bombing mission, so we will see how well this will look sound. However only one channel for the ambient sound might not be enough.

I have a new version of Ultrasound (don't think I uploaded it yet?) that supports multiple background/ambient sounds, so let me know if you need to test this - it should work fine...

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2014-07-29 22:03:55 »
Can you work with this?

Scene name:
   District 1,Station
Denotation:
   A scene to introduce the main character in a cool way and involving the player fast into the game.
   It is a good start because it directly hands over the control to the player and give him enough freedom to test  things.
Suggestion:
   This is the upper city of Midgar. The intro shows some traffic, but there is none seen ingame.
   So I would suggest that the sound from a distant highway is heard. I would paste the scene to an industrial complex,
   where heavy machines are working. Maybe sometimes someone is yelling an 'Eh!' to warn someone else.
Sound Sources:
   1. The train machine may make some noise.
   2. There is a ventilator in the next scene, so maybe it should be heard too.
If it's OK for you to get an impression then I will go on and make more scenes.

I have a new version of Ultrasound (don't think I uploaded it yet?) that supports multiple background/ambient sounds, so let me know if you need to test this - it should work fine...

That sounds great, but yeah you haven't uploaded it yet.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: 2014-08-01 11:51:46 »
Can you work with this?If it's OK for you to get an impression then I will go on and make more scenes.

That sounds great, but yeah you haven't uploaded it yet.

Uploaded - see the Ultrasound topic.

Seraphim87

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2014-09-09 04:08:35 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15527.0

Just wanted to draw this topic to your attention to this.  If you finish with FF7, FF8 could always use better sound effects as well! ;)