Final Fantasy 7 > WIP

[FF7PC] Meteor - Character Overhaul Project

(1/1)

cmh175:
Hi everyone! It’s been awhile since I was active around here. I spent a few years in school studying 3D and working to get into the gaming industry as an artist, and thought it was time to finally get back into FFVII. I’m currently finishing up on a character for work, but I wanted to share a few pictures of an idea I’ve been kicking around for awhile.

Meteor: A Stylized Character Overhaul Project. I’m going to go through the game and create new models for the characters following the same workflow I use for work with the Unreal Engine. I know there’s already a handful of character projects in progress, so depending on how things go and if the community seems interested in something like this I’ll do the NPCs and monsters as well. I'll also share info as I go along detailing each step for those who are interested in how characters are made for games like Overwatch, Ratchet and Clank, and Sunset Overdrive.

I’ll include a version that’ll work in the original game engine, but I’m excited to utilize the new Cosmos Lighting engine which supports next gen textures with a PBR version with a lot more detail. So everyone will be able to use the mod either way, but if you want some of the extra fine details PBR is able to provide you should look into the new engine.

Once my current project is complete I’m going to be able to take sometime off for a bit, and I’ll really be able to dig into this more longterm and start releasing content. Here’s a sneak peak in the meantime though.

WIP shots, materials are just stock in Keyshot for the renders, and colors aren't final. I'll paint brand new textures in Substance Painter once the model has UVs. Sorry I didn't include the head, Jessie currently doesn't have a face lol. I originally did a quick version for proportions, but wasn't happy with it so I left it out. 

ff7maniac:
if you rework all the characters in this way, it will be awsome :D

WolfMan:
I cannot wait to see some more progress.

cmh175:
Hey guys, sorry for the delay, being a new dad has kept me pretty busy lately and we'll be moving soon so things have been crazy. I finally finalized the style I’m going with and finished my main blockout I’ll use to model characters with. Concepting took awhile to figure out the design I want, from here things will progress much faster and future characters will take a fraction of the time. I decided to start at the beginning of the game and go in order of appearance, but I'm going to finish Cloud first so the remaining characters will match his style and appearance. I just need to finish getting the anatomy right, I think the arms need to be a tad longer and the hands are about 10% too small. Cloud has really long legs though so it’s throwing me off a bit. From there I’ll start detailing the face. I’m both excited and dreading to do his hair lol.

Salk:
Nice update!

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version