Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] BerryMapper- texture replacement for Tonberry mod (2014-12-15)  (Read 351619 times)

mavirick

• View Profile
Really pumped to see some activity around here. These tex look gorgeous!

I believe all mavirick and the crew needs is a playthrough of the game with debug on. With all the textures collected from that, it should help them finish. I have done this playthrough with the intent to send it to him. But...it came to about 80GB... And that's without world map textures. Not sure on a proper way to send something that massive. Feels almost easier to mail an external hard drive with all that on it. :-P

Fated, I had no idea! To be honest I'd been concerned with the filesize as well... when I lost the textures I'd collected it was 20-30gb and I was devastated. With 80gb from a complete playthrough we should be able to generate a really good set of pixels to hash using my new method! At least, it's enough to test out and see what we can do.

Have you tried throwing the textures in an archive (I'd try 7-zip or rar) to see how much space you can save? I have 65GB on my Google Drive, so maybe there's a way I could give you access to that briefly... The HDD-by-mail is actually not a bad option, though depending on where you're mailing it from we could rack up some shipping costs. Any have any other suggestions?

EDIT: You could also split up the archive into separate pieces and use FTP to get it to me. I'd be willing to set up a client and leave my PC running, you could send the pieces at your leisure. It also looks like MEGA is offering 50GB of storage for free, so you could compress it down to that size or split it into two chunks and switch them out after I download it. off course, this is all assuming you don't have a hard cap on your uploaded data...
« Last Edit: 2015-10-26 21:11:57 by mavirick »

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Really pumped to see some activity around here. These tex look gorgeous!

Fated, I had no idea! To be honest I'd been concerned with the filesize as well... when I lost the textures I'd collected it was 20-30gb and I was devastated. With 80gb from a complete playthrough we should be able to generate a really good set of pixels to hash using my new method! At least, it's enough to test out and see what we can do.

Have you tried throwing the textures in an archive (I'd try 7-zip or rar) to see how much space you can save? I have 65GB on my Google Drive, so maybe there's a way I could give you access to that briefly... The HDD-by-mail is actually not a bad option, though depending on where you're mailing it from we could rack up some shipping costs. Any have any other suggestions?

EDIT: You could also split up the archive into separate pieces and use FTP to get it to me. I'd be willing to set up a client and leave my PC running, you could send the pieces at your leisure. It also looks like MEGA is offering 50GB of storage for free, so you could compress it down to that size or split it into two chunks and switch them out after I download it. off course, this is all assuming you don't have a hard cap on your uploaded data...

It's okay. I never said I finished until about a few days ago. Didn't want to waste your time if I didn't find a suitable method to get them to you. :P But that is good to hear!

I thought about that. Could give it shot but wasn't sure if it would skim off enough to make a difference. I do have the textures separated by discs already(for playthroughs sake). All 4 discs, each folder has about 20 GB in it. Well, I do live in the states.

I'm not too sure if I have a hard cap... My service claims they don't cap anything but you can never really trust that. Anyways, it's take about 30 minutes to upload 1GB so it's a slow process.

To be honest, I'd like to find a good method to send it all. This way I can move on and do a playthrough of FF7 and see where that can go. ;)

Zeeber

• View Profile
Hey again, everyone. Still managed to make some progress over the weekend. The newest additions are the metal bridge, the palm branch, and the massive wall. Honestly, that had me the most worried… but if y'all think it looks good, the rest should be a breeze!
Have a look :)
(I decided to go with an alternate coloration for that door to more closely match how it looks outside of battle.)

-Zeeber

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Hey again, everyone. Still managed to make some progress over the weekend. The newest additions are the metal bridge, the palm branch, and the massive wall. Honestly, that had me the most worried… but if y'all think it looks good, the rest should be a breeze!
Have a look :)
(I decided to go with an alternate coloration for that door to more closely match how it looks outside of battle.)

-Zeeber

Man I'm loving the rapid progress being made, good job all.

Zeeber

• View Profile
Alright everyone!
I'm mostly finished with all of the updates to the Training Center battlefield, except for some nitpicky fine tuning.

Check it out and let me know if anyone has ideas for changes. Soon, I'm going to move past this project and start on the next one.
Til next time… Enjoy!

-Zeeber

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Alright everyone!
I'm mostly finished with all of the updates to the Training Center battlefield, except for some nitpicky fine tuning.

Check it out and let me know if anyone has ideas for changes. Soon, I'm going to move past this project and start on the next one.
Til next time… Enjoy!

-Zeeber

Damn... Great work!!
Here's what it looks like in game:

Two things I noticed, Zeeber:
1.  The 'gate/fence' that has the danger sign on it takes up too many pixels.  it bleeds a bit too far to the left. I had to resize it a tiny bit and pull it away from the other fencing that is to the left of it (caution, etc)
2.  The walkway to the doorway is off-center.  It looks like that cross-hatched grating needs to be more centered between the two metal bar edges it has (bottom left of main texture page image, just to the right of the ground)
« Last Edit: 2015-11-02 17:55:27 by Mcindus »

Qwazor

• View Profile
Where url for download ??? ?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Where url for download ??? ?

As soon as Zeeber is finished, I'm going to ask him if we can include it in the BattleField Upscale Mod.

Zeeber

• View Profile
As soon as Zeeber is finished, I'm going to ask him if we can include it in the BattleField Upscale Mod.

Thank you; I would be honored to have any of my work in a release!
I'm going to check out some of the things you mentioned when I get some more free time. I know for the mesh on the bridge, I just laid it the way it was in the original, but I can center it if you think it would look better that way. I also need to fix the end of the fallen log... it isn't quite right yet.

As for the next project... I figured I would start on the Dollet Comm Tower 1F, unless you suggest otherwise. I look forward to continuing providing artwork as long as someone is enjoying it! :)

-Zeeber

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Thank you; I would be honored to have any of my work in a release!
I'm going to check out some of the things you mentioned when I get some more free time. I know for the mesh on the bridge, I just laid it the way it was in the original, but I can center it if you think it would look better that way. I also need to fix the end of the fallen log... it isn't quite right yet.

As for the next project... I figured I would start on the Dollet Comm Tower 1F, unless you suggest otherwise. I look forward to continuing providing artwork as long as someone is enjoying it! :)

-Zeeber
Thanks!   I checked and the grate is supposed to be off center,  you're right!   Actually,  shunsq did the comm tower 1f already, so maybe you could do elvoret/biggs wedge battle?  The one that is the top of the comm tower?   Let me know! 

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
FatedCourage, when you're ready, feel free to post your next update pack, containing all the textures.

I'd like to re-do the eyes and possibly other features:

I'm not a fan of the weird, fish-like, doll-like eyes they have...
I'd prefer something more realistic, or Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts.
I don't mean to necro this topic, but I took all 6 Quistis textures from the pack, and replaced the eyes with Devina's new ones. Just replace those 6 subfolders of /textures/qu with these: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s33urhm4lq2nmon/qu.zip