Author Topic: [FF8:Remastered] BattlefieldPack: Remastered v1.3.1  (Read 95471 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
BattlefieldPack: Remastered v1.3.1 for FF8 Remastered

Updated battle backgrounds! Custom textures galore, as well as full Gigapixel AI and ESRGAN upscales of all other areas!
Textures are 2048x2048 and are not currently compatible with 2013 original Steam version

**v1.3 had two textures that could freeze/lock/crash the game - they have been fixed and updated! Look below for the 'update' if you have v1.3!**

*Animations (lava/water, etc.) currently do NOT work. Once Maki makes them available for input, they'll be updated in the mod!*
**Join my PATREON HERE: https://www.patreon.com/mcindusmods**

Before/After:

Use only with maki's DEMASTER mod tool!
DEMASTER Instructions:

** 1. Download the DEMASTER release on github from the release HERE
** 2. Move/Install DEMASTER files into your .../FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered/ folder.
** 3. Open 'ffviii_demaster_manager.exe' and run the 'unpack' feature - this will create a ...FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered/DEMASTER_EXP/ folder.

Installation Instructions:
Merge the 'textures' folder located within the mod with the one in your DEMASTER_EXP folder!

Custom Battlefields:
Training Center by Zeeber
Comm Tower 1F original textures by Shunsq
Comm Tower 1F (+'on')/2F Updates by MCINDUS
Dollet Town / Bridge / Path by MCINDUS
Fire Cavern / Ifrit Battle by MCINDUS
Diablos Battle by MCINDUS
And MORE!

Outdoor areas: ALL Custom Texture Overhauls by MCINDUS
(Skies, Forests, Mountains, Plains, Snowy Areas, Lunar Cry Scenes, Esthar outdoors, etc and more!)

All other areas Upscaled using Gigapixel and/or ESRGAN by MCINDUS

*Textures match the textures used in 'HorizonPack' so there are minor differences from vanilla.

DOWNLOAD BattlefieldPack: Remastered v1.3.1 Direct: https://mega.nz/file/y9oywShD#-EyeGsW0jUcV2c-HGiwcO6C9a7-K6_7GJDU7_JMDWDw

To UPGRADE from 1.3 to 1.3.1, simply use this file:
DOWNLOAD v1.3.1 UPDATE

Enjoy, and happy modding!
-MCINDUS-
« Last Edit: 2022-04-27 01:10:46 by Mcindus »

ednarg800

• View Profile
Re: [FF8:Remastered] BattlefieldPack: Remastered v1.3
« Reply #1 on: 2020-05-12 21:13:19 »
Wow fields in HD? ... i don't see screenshots?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #2 on: 2020-05-12 21:25:50 »
Wow fields in HD? ... i don't see screenshots?

Links are up, including screenshots!

Zera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-05-12 21:50:02 »
Fantastic work, as always. Can't wait to revisit this game with your mods.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-05-12 22:00:26 »
Awesome comparaison between before and after !
Amazing work as always, just need a mod for the world map and a mod for field upscale and we would finally get a real ff8 remastered :)
Thx a lot for your work Mcindus

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #5 on: 2020-05-12 22:01:58 »
Awesome comparaison between before and after !
Amazing work as always, just need a mod for the world map and a mod for field upscale and we would finally get a real ff8 remastered :)
Thx a lot for your work Mcindus

You are very welcome! We are hard at work on bringing those other mods to you as well!  I'm releasing an alpha pack of world textures to my patrons this week!

Fantastic work, as always. Can't wait to revisit this game with your mods.

Thank you! I can't wait for this to be an 'essential' mod.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-05-12 23:43:34 »
Glad to see you're still active, it makes me happy.

I think it looks great, altho if I have to be honest, the floor here sort of bugs me a bit:

It sort of looks like they're fighting on dirt when I think it should look more like cobblestone (specifically, round cobblestone). Dollet is under Galbadia control and the floor currently looks more like a city that's been bombed, as opposed to one just being invaded by another.

I can't find anything totally accurate that's seamless, but I think this looks better:

I always got the feeling that Dollet, being a war-torn city, is supposed to resemble a sort of European town. It also gives me London vibes, hence why I think the stronger emphasis on cobblestone looks better.

I still don't own FF8 Remastered yet, but once I do, I'll defo play with your packs and look for improvement.

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-05-13 00:48:01 »
I have problem to install this.
Already had the demaster in the main folder, copy and paste the texture folder to demaster, but nothing happened.
Is there something i've been missing ?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #8 on: 2020-05-13 01:36:31 »
Glad to see you're still active, it makes me happy.

I think it looks great, altho if I have to be honest, the floor here sort of bugs me a bit:

It sort of looks like they're fighting on dirt when I think it should look more like cobblestone (specifically, round cobblestone). Dollet is under Galbadia control and the floor currently looks more like a city that's been bombed, as opposed to one just being invaded by another.

I can't find anything totally accurate that's seamless, but I think this looks better:

I always got the feeling that Dollet, being a war-torn city, is supposed to resemble a sort of European town. It also gives me London vibes, hence why I think the stronger emphasis on cobblestone looks better.

I still don't own FF8 Remastered yet, but once I do, I'll defo play with your packs and look for improvement.

Well that actually is a cobblestone texture - but granted, it does look a bit grainy/dirty for what I was going for. I think I simply need to work the lighting and remove some of that grain.
Here's the texture:

Also, I'm doing my best to match the original texture's lights/darks in order to properly seam across the intended ground area without getting seams and ugly variations and without making the tiling too obvious. Also, the coloring and texturing doesn't match from fields to battlefields in Dollet, and I was going for an 'in-between' feel.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-13 01:38:24 by Mcindus »

Elhoim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2020-05-13 01:46:03 »
Excellent! Thanks for your hard work! =)

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2020-05-13 03:18:51 »
Yeah, I would decrease saturation of the brown and adjust so it looks more grey/yellow tone.

If you zoom in on the image, you can see the cobblestones, but that's sort of the thing, players see the pic zoomed out and when you squint, the individual tiles become blurred because as you said, the grainy dirt texture is too apparent.

I don't know if this will help but I also found a possible useful texture:

ericdepositar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2020-05-13 04:00:14 »
Already had the demaster in the main folder, copy and paste the texture folder to demaster, but nothing happened.

same

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #12 on: 2020-05-13 04:51:55 »

You needed to run the Unpack feature of the ffviii_demaster_manager before you moved the textures folder. Also, make sure you have DEMASTER version 1.2.6 or higher!

ericdepositar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2020-05-13 07:20:38 »
You needed to run the Unpack feature of the ffviii_demaster_manager before you moved the textures folder. Also, make sure you have DEMASTER version 1.2.6 or higher!

i did unpack it and copy the texture files but it doesn't appear in the game

thebrokepope

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2020-05-13 12:26:25 »
Thank you for returning to FF VIII, I'm enjoying seeing your progress and hopeful this will wind up being the best way to play the game.
Now, not to have a whinge but I think the snow forest area could use some work. It looks like you've used some photography and the dense, similar looking trees don't really match the sparse, even alien nature of the original. Additionally you haven't matched the bluish colour temperature.
The other screenshots look great except for the cobblestone as mentioned.

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2020-05-13 13:13:15 »

I tried this.
But even my FMV's stop working, dont know why.
The only way I find to fix this was to download the demaster 1.2.4 again and not update.

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2020-05-13 13:15:56 »
I tried this.
But even my FMV's stop working, dont know why.
The only way I find to fix this was to download the demaster 1.2.4 again and not update.

Stop workin I mean that they go back to the normal, not the upscaled that I put there.
Now is everything working, even the Battlefields.

jeremjol

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2020-05-13 14:54:57 »
i did unpack it and copy the texture files but it doesn't appear in the game

Hi everybody. That seems great i'm so happy for this HD texture pack. I think i did someting wrong since i did all the steps but it didn't work. I think i'll restart from scratch

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2020-05-13 16:24:41 »
Stop workin I mean that they go back to the normal, not the upscaled that I put there.
Now is everything working, even the Battlefields.

Sorry for the spam, but editing: With the new version that Maki put on the Demaster topic, works fine.
Thanks.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2020-05-13 17:31:54 »
Hello, I run ffviii_demaster_manager (version 1.2.8a), click on "force game files re-unpack" and after merge the texture folder of the mod with the texture folder locate in my demaster_exp of my game but it did not work, can someone help me please?

I see 2 button that call upadate on the ffviii_demaster_manager, but this in for updating the fviii_demaster_manager not my game, so I don't understant where can I click on update that you mentionned in your description:/

Edit : I feel stupid, did not notice that I have to launch the game with "FF_VIII_LAUNCHER" in the game directory, everything worth now, hope this can help if someone encounter the same problem

Edit2 : Now it worth even if I launch the game with the normal launcher, don't really now why nothing wanted to worth some hours ago x)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-13 20:42:38 by levantine »

Elhoim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2020-05-13 17:50:07 »
Any chance of uploading anywhere else? I've been trying since last night to get it, but I hit the quota. First I got to 60%, I had to wait 5 hours. I had to close my PC, restart again from scratch, got to 30, wait 2 hours, then to 60, wait two hours... Hopefully I can get it today  :-\

Finally got it. Advice for someone in my situation: Start early in the morning, and don't let your PC go into sleep mode jajaja
« Last Edit: 2020-05-13 23:10:48 by Elhoim »

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2020-05-14 18:02:27 »
I have a crash because of the battlefield in the first fight of the 4° dream of Laguna, in Esthar.
Here a screenshot: https://imgur.com/G1TYEUz

Pretty sure that is the battlefield cause when I disable the feature  in demaster it loads normal.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #22 on: 2020-05-14 18:11:50 »
I have a crash because of the battlefield in the first fight of the 4° dream of Laguna, in Esthar.
Here a screenshot: https://imgur.com/G1TYEUz

Pretty sure that is the battlefield cause when I disable the feature  in demaster it loads normal.

Damn. I was almost positive I fixed all of the 24-bit pngs to be 32-bits.
I think I fixed it. Try this and if it fixes the problem, I'll have to update the pack.
https://mega.nz/file/uox12YxY#fwDieLY30KPuniCKrIt45lZcXeww4dUBK66Uev3luTo
Looks like there's another one, too.
https://mega.nz/file/bpohQIhR#Vlo-cKQwNwnKXlR0MVNgdXXJR0id0H1_l678heFVDbQ

put those in /DEMASTER_EXP/textures/battle.fs/hd_new/ and write over the old ones.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-14 18:54:37 by Mcindus »

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2020-05-14 18:45:03 »
It works
thanks for the awesome job  :)

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [FF8:Remastered] BattlefieldPack: Remastered v1.3.1
« Reply #24 on: 2020-05-14 19:11:36 »
Mod Updated with two texture fixes to prevent game crashes!

To simply download the updated textures, follow the link right below the main download on the OP.