Author Topic: How to run the bike chase scene at normal speeds  (Read 3290 times)

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
How to run the bike chase scene at normal speeds
« on: 2004-03-30 03:39:57 »
I was playing the game through (yet again) and I remembered something about an older game.  Back when I used to have a p200, I wanted to play Ultima 7 but my system was too fast so I had to use an utility to slow down my system.  So I thought it could be used to slow down the bike chase scene in ff7.  So after looking around I found a neat little app called CPU Killer located at http://www.cpukiller.com/products/cpukiller/index.html which is shareware.  It can be used for free for 20 minutes (which is more than enough to play out the bike chase scene) and it works great.  Just wnated to let you guys know since I know that part of the game is one of the major bugs left in the pc version.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-01 07:16:35 »
Hi!

Isn't it possible to cap the frame rate of the .lgp archive for the bike scene?  :-?

xeriouxi.

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-01 23:11:23 »
What if you enable VSync?

« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-01 23:13:50 »
Isn't it possible to cap the frame rate of the .lgp archive for the bike scene?

:erm: Unless I've missed something big, the problem is that there isn't a single frame rate cap *anywhere* in the entire FF7 engine. Besides, you wouldn't be likely to find something like that in an archive.

I found a neat little app called CPU Killer

I'm pretty sure someone here figured this out a long time ago. Still, bringing it up again probably doesn't hurt. I'd recommend trying Turbo (completely free) instead of CPU Killer, though.