Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts Cloud Battle Model  (Read 177214 times)

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud Replacement Model
« Reply #75 on: 2008-05-29 07:12:07 »

I wouldn't know that one, don't forget, I'm a noob too!  :wink: I just somehow figured out how to use these programs to get some models in the game, it only took me since January!

but in the mean by here's a Work in Progress of Sephiroth!

Hey, umm correct me if I'm wrong, apz, but that's a solid deformable mesh you used for Sephiroth's hair isn't it?
Now, I had heard a rumor once that there was a deforming model of cloud, in the PC version, that was never used, but in all my looking, I never found it. So, hence I believed deforming models were impossible to use in FFVII.... may I ask how you made Seph's hair? Is it my imagination, 'some cruel illusion of fate,' or is it really a deforming mesh O.o; If it is, then there is hope for my talents yet. (I don't much care for segment meshes really...)

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008-05-29 08:32:36 »
Nope sorry, no deforming mesh. :-D Just strategic placement of the segments. I have a knack for using things in ways they're not supposed to be used. The resolution is so low you can't see the minuscule gaps in the hair. But I positioned them so that they line up perfectly with the animations.

I would like to think I'm THAT good at re-working the FFVII game engine. But in reality all I did was use my attention to detail coupled with all the wonderful programs on this site made by us fellow fans. I'm no genius! I just have an eye for what looks good, or at least good enough  :wink: These little models aren't water tight ya know!

But this game isn't really suited to show off modeling skills on anyway. Hence why I'm not building the models myself, rather I'm ripping and modifying existing models into this form. I suggest you dazzle us with some character renderings of these FFVII characters that you built from scratch. I'd totally bow down to you for that!  :wink: Not to mention it's quite a portfolio stuffer!

by the way.... SEPHIROTH'S DONE!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! Although I must mention again, I will not release these, the pictures are all that I can share, and I never ripped anything from Crisis Core.

I ripped this Sephy from Kingdom Hearts 2 (I like that version's hair and face better than the Kingdom Hearts 1's version)

and as always I'll post these new Sephy pictures on the first post of this thread for convenience!
« Last Edit: 2008-05-29 08:40:51 by apz freak »

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008-05-30 13:22:52 »

Enjoy! Although I must mention again, I will not release these, the pictures are all that I can share, and I never ripped anything from Crisis Core.

I ripped this Sephy from Kingdom Hearts 2 (I like that version's hair and face better than the Kingdom Hearts 1's version)

So everyone says... but that doesn't look like the KHII Sephiroth outfit... at least not the Seph I murdered....(nor the one from the files I dumped from the disc) Plus... that's the SOLDIER belt that's on all the Crisis Core models...

As I well understand, you can't give me the model, but could you tell me the name of the file, and the version/country/etc. of your KHII?
Also, if it isn't a direct rip, could you tell me where you got the awesome texture for the model?

On a slightly different yet related note, as the same people did the modeling for CC as KH, it stands to reason that there may be some similar file types on the CC disc, and... with some work, it may be possible to rip those as well... (though I really swear someone already has ¬ ¬;  )

EDIT: And that SD Cloud is creepy... X_x;
« Last Edit: 2008-05-30 15:08:37 by X-Dina »

sword

• View Profile
Re: Cloud Replacement Model * (Now with Sephiroth too!)
« Reply #78 on: 2008-05-30 16:27:38 »
Ok, now your just taunting us.
Sephiroth looks good though.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008-05-30 19:27:04 »
I'm not trying to taunt anyone! No more than Squeeble or anybody else on this board who did the same thing first before me!

The reason my modified Sephiroth looks different is because I added those differences on my own. Personally I wasn't too crazy about the red lined coat with wings growing out of his butt! So... I chopped all that off, changed the texture file and built a few costume articles that weren't there before. It may be possible to ripp from Crisis Core, but I don't know of anyone who has yet!

I know it's from Kingdom Hearts 2, because I ripped it  :-D I put the soldier belt in there myself, it wasn't there before! I got the texture by copy and pasting from Crisis Core Screenshots. That's about as close to ripping from Crisis Core as I ever got. I don't even own a psp!

I look at it this way, what I did was take the Kingdom Hearts Sephy, and dress him in the Crisis Core one's cloths.

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008-05-30 20:21:13 »
Well.... you certainly have a nack for making clean and pretty textures.... I've made a few nice textures... but they usually turn out bad... I'm envious...

I recently attempted to remodel Cloud's buster sword into Shuyin's sword from X-2 (not that it's a particular favorite of mine, but I do like that sword XD)
however when I attempted to test it, the texture that showed up on the sword was cloud's eyes...--extremely stretched.

Maybe I'll just stick to modding other games ne?

Do you model for a living, or is it just a hobby?

EDIT: lol, I don't suppose you could release your pretty textures...? Though I on't know if you used any directly infringing materials so maybe not...
« Last Edit: 2008-05-30 20:26:12 by X-Dina »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008-05-30 22:01:28 »
I'm not trying to taunt anyone! No more than Squeeble or anybody else on this board who did the same thing first before me!

Yeah I really was a bitch lol.

I might do this again one day and release them, now I have a full time job though so I never have any time to do anything. But yeah I don't think I would be too fussed with what square would think of what I'd done with their models now.

[offtopic] I don't know how many people would have been sending me emails but my msn died like 2-3 months ago and I never got a new one lol. If you want to re-add me or send me an email you can at [email protected] (yes my names is so awesome it needs no numbers or underscores.) Asking me for technical advice probably wont get you very far as I haven't done anything in max in a long time. [offtopic]

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008-05-31 09:22:56 »
It's not like I really care too much about the whole legal thing. I'd just rather not have to deal with it what-so-ever. Besides... releasing ANYTHING is a hassle even if it's all legit. I know first hand about that because of the mod I worked on for about a year. This is just fun for me, and I'm posting it to the only people who would ever give a damn about this thing I'm doing. No release dates or crunching, or worrying about other people's opinions, or running my ideas through anybody... Just plain old fun.

But my name's so baddass that I use an underscore or space or just combine the two into one, depending on the naming rules of whatever forum I'm signed up to at the time! :wink: But thanks Squeeb for putting the thought in my head! I'd buy you a beer for that!  :-D Really though, thanks! I mean it.

Yeah it's just a hobby, I'm also an artist and a musician. I don't currently have any of my art online, but you can check out some of my cover music here: http://apzfreak.newgrounds.com/

I didn't post any of my good originals there, I'll wait until I can make better recordings of them, at least have them sounding halfway decent.

I also worked on DOOM REBORN, a little Doom 3 mod that converted the original Doom into full everything 3D on Doom 3's engine: http://doomreborn.d3files.com/

But if you want my own personal opinion of this thing. It was run by half motivated people who couldn't stay focused. I'm no better than anybody else on that mod, but in a years time we only did about 2 months worth of work. It's incomplete and I'm somewhat unhappy about some of the maps.

But my items are cool!

Yep, I made ALL of that, plus the textures for the monsters in that mod. But as you can see, they're all simple objects, it was mostly a texture creation project. I also re-did ALL of the floor wall and ceiling textures... Quite a big project!

Texture creation is my specialty, and I used that mod to get better at it. I hardly knew what I was doing when I joined! Now I'm pretty close to pro, the standards these days are higher, but I know I can get there if I'm getting paid enough!  8-)
« Last Edit: 2008-05-31 09:25:33 by apz freak »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008-05-31 21:00:56 »
Thats awesome, I suck at photoshop though, the only thing i can really do is model. Even then I haven't touched max in like 4 months, so yeah lol.

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008-06-01 01:10:05 »
When I model or texture things they end up looking too... clean... I have trouble making random things... like hair spikes and wrinkles... and as I said my textures look too pristine...(sp =P?)

You have any suggestions Apz? (Btw I'm working on a few hi rez versions of some of the lesser considered characters, like, Jessie and Reno... Turk Vincent... those types... but I doubt my textures will look all that great... interested in coauthoring?  that is of course once I get the meshes to a point I'm satisfied with...)

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008-06-03 06:35:15 »
If you're interested, I haven't really worked with many other people with models. I'd like to do it at least once or twice for the hell of it.

About the "pristine" model textures. I look at it this way... When you start a painting, you start with the blank white pristine canvas. you're job is to "uncover" the painting by deliberately "dirty"-ing the canvas with all those paints and colors. You start for Basic-basic, you rough out the base colors mood and tone from vague shapes, throw on those shadows, and then you pile on all that luscious detail.

3D models are the same way. Everything starts perfectly clean and symmetrical and perfect, but people aren't symmetrical and clean and perfect! Your skin isn't the same color all around every inch from head to toe, and your hair isn't a solid color.

What I do, as an Artist, is that it's my job to see the world as it really is. See those tiny details that most people can't see, to see the big picture in ways most people don't. To see beauty in nearly everything on earth. I don't just CREATE out of thin air, no I don't call that an artist, I PERCEIVE, I look for INSPIRATION, and when I express this inspiration, I try so hard to do so with lots of PASSION. That's what I call an ARTIST.

Other people have other definitions, that's okay. That's just my own personal view. But what I'm saying is that I make those details in my textures because I'm always looking at real life's details and comparing them. That's how come I'm able to do all of this. I also use google image search to get allot of visual referances, those help a ton! :wink:

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008-06-06 22:49:06 »
I believe there may be a "fair use" policy for game content, I know that Microsoft allows some game content for use in other games, like the Master Chief model from Halo 2 being used in UT3.

I guess you could look into it though, seeing as both FFVII and KH2 are both by Square/SquareEnix you might actually be able to release it, contact them and ask, no harm in trying.

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008-06-07 09:13:02 »
I believe there may be a "fair use" policy for game content, I know that Microsoft allows some game content for use in other games, like the Master Chief model from Halo 2 being used in UT3.

I guess you could look into it though, seeing as both FFVII and KH2 are both by Square/SquareEnix you might actually be able to release it, contact them and ask, no harm in trying.

Square hasn't shown a large amount of freindliness in terms of what may or may not be "fair use" take Chrono Trigger Resurrection... it was A. only going to be a short demo, B. all the materials were made in house, C. not an exact copy of the original work... yet... they shot it down without a warning.

Square is becoming infamous for their "cease and desist" letters... in my opinion... it'd be better to just leave it be... besides if not square, its against the forum rules to release the Square models...

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008-06-07 10:22:36 »
I'm not interested in stirring a stick in that ant pile. Sorry to anybody who wants these, I'll just take that as a compliment. :-)

Copyright laws are a sticky and complicated list, and Japanese laws are far more strict than North American copyright laws. I'm not of the revolutionary mind who thinks I need to make a change by breaking the rules. I just don't care, I'm having my fun here, and sharing the results with these fine folks. I do it all for the pictures, for me that's what it's all for anyways, it's not like it's that exciting to watch the game with those models in it. You realize it's the same bad animations, the same old camera, the same old game.

It's those pictures that make what I'm doing worth it! :wink:

dante66

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008-06-08 17:16:20 »
Jesus christ, why do we need to see this then? Isn't it not even legal to edit the documents? Way to dangle a friggin' piece of steak in our faces.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008-06-08 19:19:37 »
Well, if you want to complain about him "dangling pieces of steak in our faces" you could always try and rip the models yourself, instead of complaining about someone showing of his skill. ;-)

dante66

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008-06-08 22:54:00 »
in during cocksucking. There's no point posting this, what does it mean for us? There's nothing but "HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!"

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008-06-08 23:04:01 »
seems like youre jelous (is it right?), cmon man, what apz freak does can be done by yourself if you want to.
If you noticed in the first post, apz freak will help everyone who wants to learn. Is an occasion, isn't it?
Mmm anyway, i notice something different from the original kh2 sephiroth and this one. mmm maybe you modified the cloack? If im not wrong, you managed to add something on his cloack. Or maybe is because i cant remember this type of sephiroth very well.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008-06-08 23:12:55 »
Technically, it shouldn't be in game tweaking because it's really only a couple of people doing stuff for themselves, due to copyright limitations.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008-06-09 04:35:17 »
Let me just say this...

Did I do this to taunt people... No.
Did I do this to say "HA HA HA, Look what I have and you don't"...  No.
Did I do this to arrogantly show off... No.

If you really want to know why I did this, I've typed it several times in some of the posts I've made in this thread. If you want to get mad at me for doing this, I'm sorry, I never intended to make you mad, or agitated or insulted. I did not want that. I'm not arrogant like that.

Picture me in your shoes half a year ago reading Squeebles threads about getting KH models into FFVIIPC. I wanted to see what that was like having better models in the game...... Not much better, it gets really old real quick, it's the same game. I then read and searched and searched until I found everything I needed to do this thing.

What I did here wasn't that special. It doesn't make the game any better. I tweaked the game to see what it'd look like. That's pretty much it.

The pictures are really the only thing worth it. They look cooler than watching the same old animations over and over but with prettier pieces.

It's not a big deal to me, it's shamefull really, I should have made those models myself from scratch. I have the talent, but it takes work and time and thinking. Something i don't have with all the projects I'm involved in. But I still wanted to see what would happen, so I took the shortcut of chopping up KH models and modifying them, that's pretty much it.

I've already explained why I decided to post these pictures, I just wanted to share the results, with the only community who would think this kind of thing is cool. :wink:

I never intended to tick people off!

But for those of you who asked what the differences inbetween KH2 Sephiroth and my modified version. Here they are:

To be specific: Shorter bangs, added shoulder armor harness, changed soldier emblem/belt/bangle, removed all red fins, removed wings, straightened out the coat tails, added coat buckles... that's it!

this is how Advent Children sephy would look in KH2.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-09 05:23:07 by apz freak »

Zell-Madness

« Reply #95 on: 2008-06-09 05:54:45 »
It looks phenomanal!
I wish I had the talent and ability to do all this!
Keep up the good work man

umjammerlammy

« Reply #96 on: 2008-06-09 06:39:07 »
I Know that yu can't release the model, but you can release textures, if you want, right? (Cloud's chest at least)...
See ya!

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008-06-09 11:18:25 »
I just said that there really isn't much of a point for this thread. I never said you're boasting, but this is simply a gallery and usually topics like these don't last long.
Great work, though. I believe you can legally release the textures, as the previous poster said. That'd be cool.
Heck, you can rebuild the model from ground up to look like the ported ones and you'll be legally free to distribute.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008-06-09 17:07:13 »
Why would someone go to ALL the trouble of building a model from the ground up to look like a rip for everyone, when if they were that damn desperate, it would be easier for everyone to rip the models themselves.  Call me stupid, it's just a though.

Edit: And this post isn't pointless, as you say.  It is a showcase of Appz's talents, people that say it is a pointless thread are just stupid.  This is in the game tweaking forum, and to my knowledge, ripping a model from a game, and putting it in a DIFFERENT game, is called Game Tweaking!!

Just because it isn't getting released to the somewhat unappreciative (only some) members of this board, does NOT make it pointless.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-09 17:09:53 by *:.Griever.:* »

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008-06-09 18:51:55 »
It's not pointLESS, just not exactly peaking of some people's interests because there's not a lot being said and there's no hope of a release, so it's easy to move along and look for a mod that someone, without knowledge of modelling, can get their hands on.
I'm not ragging on the OP. His work is great. All I'm saying is that this thread is about one skilled modeler who ripped a skin from another game and spiced it up. We kind of talk about it, and that's it. No big deal, I'm not trying to be offensive. Just my thoughts.