Author Topic: Change sword models?  (Read 7405 times)

caneut

• View Profile
Change sword models?
« on: 2012-08-23 22:13:05 »
I know there is a way to do this, just asking how.

I'd like to change Cloud's Ultimate Weapon into the buster sword. I'd like to fidght sephiroth with the weapon Zack gave him.

Much aprecciated!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: Change sword models?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-23 22:39:23 »
Well actually  it would be cool to change all swords to buster alike visions.
Instead of swords maybe orbs (the to holes of the buster would be perfect for it) witch change slightly form and texture of the blade would be an interesting feature .

To your question: change rtck to rtcz in your battle.lgp  (of course use a copy of rtck)
I donĀ“t  know of this change the only the weapon model never try it.

caneut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-23 23:09:02 »
Sorry, it's been a while since I've done FF7 editing and I've switched computers since then. Could you give me a link to a good lgp editor and how to get a copy of rtck?

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-24 00:56:45 »
There is a faster way.To do it you'll need Wall Market
http://www.mediafire.com/?z6jpvqwg3q2z9vy

First,open kernel.bin with Wall Market
Click on weapon tab
Click on Ultima Weapon
Change the model ID from 0F to 00 and attack tex from OB to 09
Click on file and choose Create "kernel.bin" and kernel2.bin
Close Wall Market
Start game and enjoy!

caneut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-24 02:25:19 »
Everytime I open the program it crashes. Does it not have compatibility with Windows 7? Doesn't work with compatibility settings for windows XP sp 2 and3 and Vista.

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-08-24 03:39:22 »
I don't know anything about that.Never had the chance to use Win7 :-P
Guess you'll have to use the other way then
For the LGP Editor you should use LGP Tool by Ficedula.It Very Easy to use
http://www.mediafire.com/?wrdcn8ch3dh7g08

First,open Battle.lgp(If you didn't know,its in data\battle)
Click Extract all
Choose where you want to extract and click ok (It should be a new folder.)
The LGP Tool might look like its not responding but its ok.Just wait till it done
After that,open the folder you have extracted battle.lgp
In that folder will have LOT'S of files you'll see a rtck file.Copy it to wherever you want
Rename the new file to rtcz and put it in the extracted folder
Finally,open LGP Tool
Click Create
Choose the folder where you extracted battle.lgp and click ok
Choose where you want to put the new lgp file and name it battle.lgp.Then click save
Wait until its done
Put it in data\battle
Play the game.
BE SURE TO BACKUP THE ORIGINAL BATTLE.LGP BEFORE YOU REPLACE IT

If this too not work for you,just upload your kernel folder and I'll do it for you

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-08-24 03:40:36 »
Install all the Links in the readme i had the same problem.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-08-24 04:14:56 »
I have forgotten there is no readme, here the links:
 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx and
 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/bb735936.aspx
both are needed

caneut

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-08-24 04:39:10 »
Thank you Kaldarasha! It worked.

I always thought that when Cloud went threw the tunnel thing to omni Sephiroth, it should be his Buster sword, as it was more a personal fight, rather than physical fight. Buster IS Clouds ultimate weapon.

Thank you again.

EDIT: Interesting nugget. The sword model turns blue as Cloud takes on more damage like the Ultimate Weapon. Neato.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-24 04:54:27 by caneut »

caneut

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-08-25 01:50:28 »
Some interesting notes about this model change that might be interesting.

*Like I said in my edit above, the sword changes to a blue shade as Cloud loses hp. I'm not talking about, half HP changes it blue, I mean when I lost about 600 of my 7000 hp, I could tell a seriously shade a blue already. Interesting code that works there, as I don't see the blue shade on the ultimate weapon, I just see it change models as you lower significant amounts of HP.

*The final battle with Sephiroth, (the omnislash one) is apparently a different model Cloud. Even though I changed the the two models of swords in the battle.lgp, when I went to do the omnislash battle against Seph, it changed back to Ultimate Weapon. I fought the two versions of Seph with ultimate Buster sword, then going into the final it changed back to Ultimate weapon. Interesting model change that goes on there someone might want to look into.

I don't know if you guys know this already, just starting a thesis here.

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-09-02 13:12:26 »
Some interesting notes about this model change that might be interesting.

*Like I said in my edit above, the sword changes to a blue shade as Cloud loses hp. I'm not talking about, half HP changes it blue, I mean when I lost about 600 of my 7000 hp, I could tell a seriously shade a blue already. Interesting code that works there, as I don't see the blue shade on the ultimate weapon, I just see it change models as you lower significant amounts of HP.

*The final battle with Sephiroth, (the omnislash one) is apparently a different model Cloud. Even though I changed the the two models of swords in the battle.lgp, when I went to do the omnislash battle against Seph, it changed back to Ultimate Weapon. I fought the two versions of Seph with ultimate Buster sword, then going into the final it changed back to Ultimate weapon. Interesting model change that goes on there someone might want to look into.

I don't know if you guys know this already, just starting a thesis here.

As far as the colour changing goes, that was there even earlier. The "Ultima Weapon" of Cloud's deals damage directly proportional to the percentage of HP he has, so the lower the HP lesser the damage. You can tell this will happen as the shade of blue deepens every time Cloud takes some damage.

caneut

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-09-03 06:00:23 »
As far as the colour changing goes, that was there even earlier. The "Ultima Weapon" of Cloud's deals damage directly proportional to the percentage of HP he has, so the lower the HP lesser the damage. You can tell this will happen as the shade of blue deepens every time Cloud takes some damage.

Yeah I was just surprised it transferred over to the Buster Sword model.