Author Topic: Random FFVII Thoughts  (Read 4828 times)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Random FFVII Thoughts
« on: 2013-04-25 02:05:39 »
Little boy Cloud is wimp.
As gets older, decides doesn't want to be a wimp.
Will join SOLIDER.
Becomes an MP.
Won't reveal identity to anyone at Nibelheim.
Fails to save Tifa.
Has Limit Break or goes Super Saiyan or Seph just shouldn't have acted like he was invinsible.
Gets dunked in a tank of Mako.
Jenova cells.
Poisoned.
Zack dies.
Cloud still hasn't regained thoughtful conciousness.
Tifa finds him.
He thinks he is Zack?  Acts like him.
So...needs to show Tifa he isn't a wimp.

So, at the beginning of the game - its the first time Cloud's done anything thinking hes Zack, and the first time hes done anything since he has gotten the Mako dousing and Jenova Cells.

**I'm not clear on how much time Zack and Cloud spent in the Nibel Mansion basement.  How long it took them to get from Nibelheim to Midgar.  And how long it took Cloud to be found by Tifa.  I think there are enough variables to make different time ranges all seem plausible.  I forget, do those documents in the basement indicate how long ago the subjects escaped?**

Which also means that Zack had only died...what?  a few days earlier?  a week or two maybe?  when Cloud meets Aeris.  And he shows up acting exactly like Zack.

Through the game he goes several different kinds of crazy.
Reunion/Jenova Crazy.
Track down Sephiroth Crazy (separate from Jenova crazy).
Who am I/Who is Zach Crazy.
Catatonic Schizophrenic.
and Journey into the Subconcious in the Lifestream.

And then after the Lifesteam, he comes back with a new personality.  It isn't any of the previous ones.  So who is this new Cloud that we finish the game with? 

So i guess it goes, Young Wimp Cloud, Older Wimp Cloud, Comotose Cloud, Zack Cloud, Confused Cloud, Catatonic Cloud, Mysterious New Guy Cloud.

I just finished the Ancient Temple on my current playthrough and I just found myself laughing at how crazy this character is.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: Random FFVII Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-25 02:38:09 »
The New Cloud, huh?
I had this discussion once and I got to a very interesting clue... the new Cloud is the last WEAPON.
It is said that the planet has created the Weapon at a moment of great danger.
So it would make sense that the planet decided to cure Cloud and forged him as new Weapon to defend itself.
Also his last weapon is connected to him and his health.

Next question. Where does the children from RedXIII comes from? Wasn't he the last of his kind?

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-25 03:11:49 »
« Last Edit: 2013-04-25 03:15:27 by LeonhartGR »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-25 03:18:35 »
I don't think Cloud is a weapon since the weapons were made to defend the planet against Jenova long ago, Not when Sephiroth goes to the crater.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-04-25 14:43:55 »
The New Cloud, huh?
I had this discussion once and I got to a very interesting clue... the new Cloud is the last WEAPON.
It is said that the planet has created the Weapon at a moment of great danger.
So it would make sense that the planet decided to cure Cloud and forged him as new Weapon to defend itself.
Also his last weapon is connected to him and his health.

Next question. Where does the children from RedXIII comes from? Wasn't he the last of his kind?

Hmm.  So when Seph refers to Cloud as a Puppet - Cloud might simultaneously be a puppet of Sephiroth, a Puppet of Jenova, a Puppet of Hojo, and Puppet to his Subconcious, and also a Puppet to Gaia?  I could see that.  So Cloud's entire purpose/being could just be as mindless Vassal and everyone just takes turns using Cloud for their purposes, or all the powers are fighting for control of Cloud.  Hojo failed in this endeavor. Sephiroth served as a carrot to move Cloud forward long enough for Jenova to take control.  Then Gaia converted Cloud to the Final WEAPON (operating under the speculation in the above quote).

I mean...did the WEAPONS do much to safe the planet?  Ultima tried to kill Cloud and friends (why?).  Sapphire tried to destroy Junon/Shinra.  Diamond tried to destroy Midgar/Shinra. Emerald...chilled under the sea?  Ruby hung out in the Desert...the WEAPONS didn't really address the issue of Sephiroth, Jenova, or Meteor.  They just woke up once the Black Materia made it into Sephiroth hands....and thats about it.  They spent far more time trying to destroy mako reactors, cities, and Cloud and company.  Cloud did enter the Lifesteam, he did destroy the real threat to the planet, he did clear the way for Holy. 

Sounds pretty good, unprovable and probably gonna be countered by some...idk if I'd go so far as to say "yes he is the last WEAPON", but definetely plausible.  Nice job suggesting that idea.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2013-04-25 18:42:43 »
I disagree with most of this; But I lost my train of thought. Maybe later.

Zack and Cloud were in the mansion's basement for four years (according to Crisis Core).

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-04-25 19:20:00 »
I disagree with most of this; But I lost my train of thought. Maybe later.

Zack and Cloud were in the mansion's basement for four years (according to Crisis Core).

I'm just playing thinking games.  Something like 8 years have passed since I since I've metacognated (yeah I'm gonna call that a word) on VII's covert stories. 

And yeah!  4 years in the basement is what I thought (and I only treat info obtained from original vii as valid)...thats a big deal.  Zack and Cloud shoulda both been totally crazy by the time they escaped.  And...now I've lost my train of thought.

Among other types of playthroughs, I used to periodically make it a point to playthrough the game focusing on the story and engaging in dialogue with every NPC and making sure I check all documents etc. dispersed through the game.  The past several playthroughs I've been fast forwarding through virtually all dialogue...can't let me VII prowess and knowledge build up any rust!
« Last Edit: 2013-04-25 19:24:01 by xLostWingx »

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-04-25 20:21:54 »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-04-28 06:44:41 »
I don't think Cloud is a weapon since the weapons were made to defend the planet against Jenova long ago, Not when Sephiroth goes to the crater.

The point is Cloud is a weapon the whole game along. He has the same body as a SOLDIER and SOLDIERs are human created weapons by Shin-Ra.
Possible that these ridicueless big swords are a hint on this, to show their true nature. Besides are bad ass Sephiroth and Meteor not enough for the planet to create a new WEAPON?

Posted by: xLostWingx« on: 2013-04-25 14:43:55 »
I mean...did the WEAPONS do much to safe the planet? 

Well what would happen if the weapons don't interfere? Would Tifa surrives the gas chamber? Would Cloud and Tifa fall into the lifstream? Would Shin-Ra be destroyed?
'It's never like it seems...' isn't this a part of FF7?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-04-28 19:07:26 »
I'm gonna call these Plausible but Improbable.

It would have been interesting to see what transpired between the time the WEAPONs woke up and the time Cloud arrived at Mideel.