Author Topic: FF7: Overlay for to replace menu and box  (Read 3524 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
FF7: Overlay for to replace menu and box
« on: 2014-10-29 11:59:18 »
It might be a stupid idea but isn't it possible to put over the game an overlay like steam does it with the games?
'Why would I want this?' you might ask. Well the idea behind it is simply to have a full controllable menu and box system, which is also easier to modify and is independent from the framerates of the game (at last I believe an overlay has its own frame limiter). Also text files would be unified in one location, which makes translations or alterations to the text a lot easier and the use of different fonts would bring in some life to the game, too.
My ideas for it:
For the field:
  • Creating text boxes which are connected to models on field like in ff9 (if we can read out the current position of the npc plus a z axis value to place the box near the head)
  • advanced text effects like size deformation, shake effects, etc

For battle:
  • A 60fps menu while the game run in its default 15fps
  • Maybe more possibilities to modify the look of the menu

For the menu:

I surely haven't thought about all the problems, which might be there, but this is only an idea to hopefully inspire a talented person to investigate the real possibilities of this. The main problem I see is to eliminate visual of the default box and menu system.

Btw. a fully customizable menu would give me the option to change FF7 materia system to an interesting materia job class system.

D a r / < F a L L

• View Profile
Re: FF7: Overlay for to replace menu and box
« Reply #1 on: 2014-11-06 10:29:53 »
Il be trying the menu style... Il see what I can do with my hands :)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: FF7: Overlay for to replace menu and box
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-17 11:19:38 »
Il be trying the menu style... Il see what I can do with my hands :)

:-[
Tottaly forgot to respond. ::)
Dunno if this would help:
http://developers.overwolf.com/overview/