Author Topic: [FF7] Project 8 Eye - High Res Textures for the mouthes and eyes  (Read 30496 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
I have asked mitzmitra if he could paint for me new face textures for the models and he has excepted the challenge. So lets see how far we come.

Here is some ideas I got:
Visual degeneration of Clouds look
Spoiler: show
until he freaks out when he meats Sephiroth
Mouth movement when text box pops up. Needs a new tool for that.

« Last Edit: 2016-01-23 20:40:54 by obesebear »

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
Btw. I could need someone who would draw a few high res textures for the eyes and mouths. My painting isn't clean enough for that.

ofcourse if i can be of any help i will do it! :D just send me the details (size, color, etc.)  :-D

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
That's very good for me, I have asked for a very long time for that. Well I have to look at the textures and see which I does use and send them to you.

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
That's very good for me, I have asked for a very long time for that. Well I have to look at the textures and see which I does use and send them to you.

ok sir! hopefully my work could be of any help to your models..  ;D i actually like to know how to create these models.. but don't know where to start :D

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
Let's start with Cloud's face
https://mega.nz/#!qFUyFaIJ!1XS-jEtx4_8380VW-40JBoxE1vqg8KOEFTpilo-h_Bg

I only need the mouth and the eyes high res. Please keep in mind there is a problem with the way the game use the blend mode so please avoid aplpha values. I also need the texture with the eyes closed.

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
Let's start with Cloud's face
https://mega.nz/#!qFUyFaIJ!1XS-jEtx4_8380VW-40JBoxE1vqg8KOEFTpilo-h_Bg

I only need the mouth and the eyes high res. Please keep in mind there is a problem with the way the game use the blend mode so please avoid aplpha values. I also need the texture with the eyes closed.

i'm sorry, i don't know how these alpha channels work with textures, and this is the first time i did this kind of thing.. i was overwhelmed to accept the job, so didn't realized that i really don't know how these images work, so i don't know if this will do.. *based this from cloud ff7 remake trailer, added background for viewing purposes*

please don't kill me..  :(

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
I love that style!

Maybe if you paint on pure black it would work better. The problem is the fading from the texture to the background color. Well you could also try to paint it without a background and we will see how it will look on the model.

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
I love that style!

Maybe if you paint on pure black it would work better. The problem is the fading from the texture to the background color. Well you could also try to paint it without a background and we will see how it will look on the model.

;D ;D ;D was happy that you like it! :D

this is the png file (without background)
https://goo.gl/photos/ogAmoXvxw1Zq15qZ7

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
Leave the brown under the eyes or at last less pregnant. It looks strange

This is how it should look with correct working alpha blending:

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
ooohh.. ok.. i will try again, will post again here later  ;D

EDIT:

when i give you the transparent image, is it place to the model as it is? i mean, no resizing? because i think we should shrink a bit the eyes :D i color pick a shadow from your model, that's the color im using now on the eyes shadow..
« Last Edit: 2016-01-23 13:03:51 by mitzmitra »

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
i used your color for the skin, and the color of shadow on your model

i will send you the png file again.. here it is :)

https://goo.gl/photos/vNVn8zX1MtmSLngo9

this png is transparent.. just showed you the color on first image :D
« Last Edit: 2016-01-23 13:31:23 by mitzmitra »

lionheart82

• View Profile
Hahaha omg he looks like he hasn't slept for a week! Majin Cloud! :-P eyebrows are cool, but can you loose those dark rings around eyes?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
Hahaha omg he looks like he hasn't slept for a week! Majin Cloud! :-P eyebrows are cool, but can you loose those dark rings around eyes?

Honestly it could be usefull
when Cloud finally completely freaks out and giving the black materia to Sephiroth.
We could make a visual degeneration for Cloud over the time.

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
hahaha sorry, i don't have any idea on what color kaldarasha will use on the model, so the shadow color messed up  ;D on my second try, i base the color on kaldarasha's model shadow. so hopefully it will blend well, not drug-abuser-looking like the first i made hahahahahaha

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
What do the other think?

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
is that the black materia scene?

lionheart82

• View Profile
How about you make them all like that and we send it to segachief to make a mod with it?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
is that the black materia scene?

The Honey Bee inn. The wallmarket has many scenes I need to test a few things and a few have a very close camera.

How about you make them all like that and we send it to segachief to make a mod with it?

Why? It is a graphical mod which is my department. And if you refer to my idea of the visual degeneration it would also be a mod I'm best suited for because it will need features of 7H (replace texture by gamemoment).
« Last Edit: 2016-01-23 19:08:21 by Kaldarasha »

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
maybe i created the eye too fierce? or it is still my shadowing lacking? what do you think should i change kaldarasha?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
I like how they look in game, but I guess that DLPB will come and say 'That doesn't look like Cloud'. Remove the shadow from the lower eye and make an additional eye texture on the basic of the texture I send to you.

Maybe take the Smash Bros Cloud as inspiration.

:-[Covarr I knew that these are hotlinks but they don't need to stay here for long :-[
« Last Edit: 2016-01-23 19:33:02 by Kaldarasha »

lionheart82

• View Profile
Lol kaldarasha i was thinking of having fun with darkeyed cloud not giving him your work. :-)

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
removed the shadow around the eyes

https://goo.gl/photos/iqRtqTnepWaE7vev5

i'll be creating another sample based on what you suggested, the SB CLOUD..  ;D

EDIT: here it is

https://goo.gl/photos/Jn1b5GiYhP8vXy1c8
« Last Edit: 2016-01-24 04:15:50 by mitzmitra »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
It does look better without the shadow. They eyeball could be a tiny bit smaller along the x axis.

For the second you need to move the eye higher or closer to the eyebrow.

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
It does look better without the shadow. They eyeball could be a tiny bit smaller along the x axis.

For the second you need to move the eye higher or closer to the eyebrow.

ok i will do that to two samples.. will upload here later.. thanks for the patience  ;D ;D

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
made a bit smaller  along the x-axis

https://goo.gl/photos/FRsrzmNPxotejuD8A

moved the eye closer to the brow

https://goo.gl/photos/usQbZHTgGJKG4rsF6