Author Topic: Error code: YARR! Unable to continue. Please report this error on the Qhimm foru  (Read 4482 times)

[email protected]

• Pirate
    • View Profile
I've got this error everytime i try to launch the game on the new launcher. I was able to launch it on the old one. Any tip¿?
Thankyou

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog

« Last Edit: 2021-12-15 18:29:17 by Cicciolo »

hasteroth

• View Profile
I mean the pun is so obvious, how do you miss that?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
The new 7H clarifies the message so it is less troll-y:

"Error code: YARR! Unable to continue. This copy of FF7 appears to be pirated. Please purchase a genuine copy of the game. If this copy is genuine, please ask for help on the Qhimm forums."

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile

"Error code: YARR! Unable to continue. This copy of FF7 appears to be pirated. Please purchase a genuine copy of the game. If this copy is genuine, please ask for help on the Qhimm forums."

That will probably solve a lot of problems

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion

you can't reveal the prank before they actually get pranked, thats just wrong!

pirate-shaming on this forum should be allowed!  ;D

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
There have been false positives in the past. It might even detect my copy as a false positive since I’ve rewritten big chunks of it.

[email protected]

• Pirate
    • View Profile
Nice replies.. I didn't wanted to put a proper username. Anyway, i don't get why i have to buy the game again if i have 2 original psx ones...

urgdfriend

• View Profile
Cause you paid for the ps1 version, Just because I owned FFVIII doesn't mean I'm entitled to VIII remaster, Same With the Crystal Chronicle remaster and the Harvest moon remaster coming out soon, Just because I owned the originals doesn't mean I'm entitled to the remakes or any ports. Your purchase is this. You licensed being able to play FF7 on Ps1, Thats all that buying the game gets you legally.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
Nice replies.. I didn't wanted to put a proper username. Anyway, i don't get why i have to buy the game again if i have 2 original psx ones...

if you own the psx version that gives you the right to download the psx rom and emulate it, not to pirate the pc port

if the 7th h crew allowed their program to work with pirated versions of the game they might see legal repercussions from that, a risk that would be silly to take

[email protected]

• Pirate
    • View Profile
So the point here is that square sells over and over the same and you keep paying for the same. And btw, any modification on another company or person intelectual property is considered illegal, and doesnt matter if people does it on an original or cracked version of the game. 7th heaven, until i remeber could be played on cracked games until someone, imo seeked some recognaisanse from square, think thwt will never happen.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
So the point here is that square sells over and over the same and you keep paying for the same. And btw, any modification on another company or person intelectual property is considered illegal, and doesnt matter if people does it on an original or cracked version of the game. 7th heaven, until i remeber could be played on cracked games until someone, imo seeked some recognaisanse from square, think thwt will never happen.

just pointing out that if you spent the time you just used to complain about it to look for loose change on the street, you'd probably almost have enough to buy it, its $6 brah

you are throwing a fit over $6

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Modification is not illegal. Reversing and extracting assets for the purpose of using in another title is. Square knows what's going on here, one of our members works at Square (or at least did). If I own a copy, I'm allowed to make changes to it (or any other byte on MY computer) so long as I don't pass those changes on as my own personal work. Original content (custom models, etc) is also completely legal to pass on so long as no actual copyrighted code/files are passed along with it.

The PC port is a different license from the PSX port. A different team handled it and published it even if it is the "same game". I paid to own the original PC port, not all iterations of FFVII classic ever made ever. Some studios will allow that, but those are almost always the choice of the publisher. Squenix does not do that. As such, there are four or more Playstation editions and three or more PC editions for each region. You pay for one, you get one. Want another? Buy that.