Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)  (Read 465966 times)

pating

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.8.2)
« Reply #850 on: 2021-02-22 13:32:08 »
how do i add field model in this application?

Lollie

• View Profile
    • Lollie.me
« Reply #851 on: 2021-02-24 10:15:54 »
Hi Myst6re, thank you for your work on Makou! I have a couple questions relating to the Field Map Models window:

1) Is there any way to edit the list of currently-loaded map models for FF7-PSX? (Either in the current version of Makou, or an earlier version if this used to be possible)
2) Would it be possible to preview the Global Light and Directional Light for map models?

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 2021-03-09 16:42:40 »
how do i add field model in this application?

Open flevel first --> tools --> map model --> "+" -> and XXXX.hrc -> "+" animations (if not registred anywhere, game crash)

EditorMaster

• Hex Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 2021-03-26 18:43:21 »
Can I change Cloud to Sephiroth in filed from start game?
Can I countrol Sephiroth in battle?
Can I edit file bin/iso and saved work without problems?

Can I change any characters in field?

Best regards

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Re: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.8.4)
« Reply #854 on: 2021-04-05 18:00:22 »
New minor version (1.8.4)
https://github.com/myst6re/makoureactor/releases/tag/1.8.4

Changelog:
  • Update SHAKE opcode details (thanks to dangarfield)
  • Fix door update bug
  • Fix crashes on adding/removing fields
  • Allow to open an invalid ISO file
  • Fix crash when adding a new walkmesh triangle, if the triangle list is empty
  • Fix remembering expanded items
  • Removing auto-scroll when editing an opcode
  • Change Ctrl+Q shortcut to Ctrl+K (music/tuto menu). Command+Q is a reserved shortcut on Mac OSX
  • Fix crash when entering walkmesh with OpenGL disabled
  • Fix text autosize for VARDEC/VARDECR/VARHEX and MEMORY commands
  • Fix DAT file import

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #855 on: 2021-04-11 20:59:34 »
Great! Thanks for the update myst6re  :)

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 2021-04-12 08:27:49 »
First congratulations for continue this big utility, now I am going to leave you my impressions, I should take into account especially because I am the one who uses your program the longest:

Improvements that I have seen in 1.8.4:

- Add new slot field works correctly
- Some number operations already work fine
- Add npc seems to be more stable than before
- As in other versions, some functions are comfortable, such as replacing texts, it works really well

Errors that persist and I appreciate after a long time in 1.8.4:

- Copying code can break the program
- Moving code can break the program
- Deleting code in several fields can cause immediate break
- Editing functions like set to bit or operators can cause immediate break
- The longer you edit without saving, the easier it will break
- This version and others can more easily produce layer breakage in fields, maybe randomly
- Be careful when you edit a lot, if then you access walkmesh it can break immediately
- Sometimes when saving, without knowing specific reasons, in 99% process, makou breaks

Pd: What does it mean "Fix text autosize for VARDEC / VARDECR / VARHEX and MEMORY commands"

Now using this do the numerical values ​​line up correctly? (this non-alignment problem is very annoying)
« Last Edit: 2021-04-12 08:33:01 by cloudiar »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #857 on: 2021-04-12 08:34:10 »
Pd: What does it mean "Fix text autosize for VARDEC / VARDECR / VARHEX and MEMORY commands"

The autosize text window feature now consider VARDEC / VARDECR / VARHEX to be 5 digits large. And for MEMORY it uses the length to calculate the probable max width in the game.

Now using this do the numerical values ​​line up correctly? (this non-alignment problem is very annoying)

What is that? You're welcome to open an issue on GitHub with a screenshot

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2021-04-12 22:42:25 »
I was referring to the first, I think, the spaces make the number values ​​look non-uniform, it seems that depending on the value the space is different, making lists loading the value VARDEC / VARDECR / VARHEX can be obnoxious, I will try, but my problem I think it depends more on the numbering of the spaces, do you plan to add something for this?

It would also be good to edit "{SPACED CHARACTERS}", it is not used due to the huge separation, in another it would almost always be used.

For {PAUSE005} or another type of numbering (timer) it would be interesting to eliminate the space so that it works, that or automatically add the space in that case, because otherwise the game will never continue, when you use it everywhere it is when you will easily leave errors, that can be avoided.

Another thing, in reference to errors, I just restarted the makou and only "cut" code, then it has exploded, I think that the ability to break also depends on the amount of code (in that case it is a place where I put much more than I had).

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: 2021-04-27 07:13:19 »
The errors continue when copying or moving lines of code, it seems that it is indifferent that they are 100 lines or 1, the program crasehara directly.

I understand that you like to put new features, it is attractive to comment on these things, but I think it is more important to buy food to survive than to buy a ps5 when you know that you do not have money for both things.

I wish I had money to pay you and that you fix something as basic as that, but unfortunately I don't even have a pc in conditions to work, in any case (I don't want to offend) the biggest problem to finish the game is your program ironically, although always I try to save the changes, there are countless hours of work lost because of this, I have been telling you the same problems for five years or even more and you keep putting new features instead of fixing huge stability problems, and I think I have enough authority to talk about This, I am the person who uses your program the most and you know it.

My mistake was to save the changes from 1.6.2 to 1.8.X to try to help you with the compatibility of the program, but instead of helping me as a thank you I have not received anything, you know that together your program would be better, but at no time have you decided to listen to me directly to have "serious" reports on the operation of Makou Reactor.

It is obvious that I am angry, I started this in 2012 and if you had treated me as I deserve, this would already be finished, but everything is correct, you can continue like this, I will not comment on this again, but I do not understand that a genius like you does not attend to the needs of the most enormous FF7 modification project, you should be proud of this, but I don't have the feeling that this is the case, what it seems is that on many occasions each one seeks his own glory, it is not my case.

Greetings and good luck with your utility.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-27 09:29:51 by cloudiar »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #860 on: 2021-04-27 08:16:57 »
I'm sorry to hear that, since you reported me multiple crashes on many differents actions, I fixed at least 4 different crashes.

I understand that moving code, copy paste, or cut paste is an issue, but unfortunately I never reproduced any crash with this on the last version. You are not the only one who have reported this, and I trust you when you say there something wrong. The point is as long as I don't understand what is going on, I cannot make a patch. Also I don't have much time to use Makou Reactor, or to update it. I tried several weekends to give time to this, each time I released a new version with fixes I could do, and not fixes I don't understand.

My goal is to make a great editor for FF7, and also an open project where many developpers can contribute. For 12 years I am alone to fix the bugs and maintain this program, and you say it is not enough for you?

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 2021-04-27 08:54:54 »
I'm just saying that you could have prioritized the features, I'm not the only person who didn't use your program beyond 1.6.X, I don't think I'm being selfish.

I hope I know about that code to help you, but it is not possible and you know that what I do is practically infinite, I have thanked you on many occasions because you deserve it, you have done an excellent job, but you should prioritize problems that I have repeated many times.

Now I can't change the fields back to 1.6.X because they are 1.8.X, this will cause more errors, so I feel trapped, I feel bad for not being able to help you fix it and I also feel bad because there is no way to finish my project, what should I do then? I do not say anything?

I understand that this problem is important, it does not have to be anything simple to fix, I understand that, I also understand that you do not have much time, actually what bothers me the most is that you had not had a "more direct" contact with me, because we are together in this, although I am not directly involved in your program, I would have loved to have more deal with you to tell you this, but also to thank you as you deserve, your tool is what I have used the most for the ff7 edition.

I'm sorry if something has bothered you, you know that I admire you for working with Makou Reactor, this utility together with ProudClod and WallMarket is undoubtedly the core of FF7 moding, but with your utility I have been able to express many more things than with the others programs.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-27 08:58:23 by cloudiar »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #862 on: 2021-04-27 09:40:25 »
I will try, again, next weekend to undestand what's goin on.

Now I can't change the fields back to 1.6.X because they are 1.8.X, this will cause more errors, so I feel trapped

If 1.6.x version cannot open a flevel file saved with 1.8.x, I think it is because the flevel is corrupted. I will try again with the last archive you sent me and detect where the format prevents Makou 1.6 to open it.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2021-04-27 11:17:28 »
No, it really can, but I think there are huge differences between Makou Reactor 1.6.X and 1.8.X (you will know better than me), and for that reason I am afraid to import the 800 or so fields again, I can't know if errors are generated on some sites, it is impossible.

The other reason is because I would like to be useful, if it is possible to maintain direct contact with you, by discord for example, I can report all the errors that I find.

I don't want you to waste time on the old version, spend your time only on the new of course! But please, contact me directly, as it is more comfortable for you (discord, telegram, etc.), and I will provide you with all the problems that I find in detail, I use your program practically daily and I think that one could show the way.

I am the first that I want your program to work perfectly, not only because of my game, I want to see what people are capable of doing in the future, I also believe that by working well someone will dare to do something better that me, the heart of the game is here, without problems I am sure that more people will want to use it because the control of characteristics that this supposes is totally great.

I plan to continue with 1.8.4, I will take special care, I hope that with more time and information, it may be possible that this works in real good conditions.

Sorry for stealing you more time, we will be in contact in the future if you want ^^

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #864 on: 2021-04-27 11:29:02 »
I'm on the Discord of Qhimm, of course :)

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 2021-05-11 20:16:27 »
I was wondering, is it possible to play a song that isn't part of the game's original soundtrack if the .ogg file is put in the right folder and without replacing any of the existing tracks? And if so, how would I do that? I have a mod that I'm working on that I'd like to include a certain song if I could, as it's relevant to certain new scenes I'm adding. The mod'll work without it, but I'd really like to include it if I can. Thanks! I'm using version 1.8.3, if that helps.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-11 20:18:04 by Jairus »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #866 on: 2021-05-11 22:17:35 »
On the PC version, Makou helps you to change the list of music IDs played in a map. Those IDs refer to specific MIDIs in the original game, and you can override MIDIs with FFNx and in the Steam version of the game.
In Makou you also can use a new ID, for example if you put 100 to the music ID in "Tutorials/Sounds..." you will ask the game to play the music ID 100. I think FFNx is not ready for this, because it uses the music name list from the game, but you can create an issue here https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx/issues to ask this feature

As a start, look at this list https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx/wiki/How-To_Audio%20Configuration
I advice you to add you first new song by replacing "comical" which is unused in the original game

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: 2021-05-12 15:21:46 »
Thanks, I replaced comical.ogg and it works! In case you were wondering, the song I'm adding is a rendition of Jessie's Theme from the remake redone in the PS1 style of the original game. I didn't do it, a girl named Sara G made it, and you can listen to it here on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC1H2Ny6IkU&list=WL&index=5

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 2021-05-13 16:03:46 »
Just one more question. I've found out that although the song works, it doesn't loop. It only plays once. How can I set it to loop like the other songs?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #869 on: 2021-05-13 17:00:56 »
Look at ogg metadata in other files, you'll find one attribute with the loop time, do the same thing in your ogg with the same attribute name.

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #870 on: 2021-05-13 22:22:02 »
How do I look at the metadata?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #871 on: 2021-05-14 17:26:56 »
With good media players like foobar2000 I think

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 2021-06-28 11:02:36 »
This is a demonstration of what you can do with Makou Reactor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MqD4FRyFn8

Thank you for maintaining this big utility Mystare!

Pd: I dedicate this work to you :)
« Last Edit: 2021-06-28 11:05:22 by cloudiar »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #873 on: 2021-06-28 11:08:23 »
I'm glad you made it! I developed the background PS to PC conversion for this kind of stuff.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: 2021-06-28 16:09:36 »
I appreciate your words, I want you to play it when it's ready, that's one of the final goals of this project hahaha.

This makes me think, maybe you did not see the message, I will probably need something to be able to translate FF7OR to English, first because my flevel has a problem with it (it does not work with touphscript, the same to generate flvel chunks, I can send it to you, but I think there is no solution), then I will need to be able to import the texts into the fields.

Could you get an option in Makou Reactor that only imports the texts (without code)?

If I have the texts translated and I can import then I can work on the code, but if I do not only can work with two different flevels, it doesn't seem viable to me, I don't know if there is any other solution, but I'm afraid I may depend on whether you can add this feature in the future.

Thanks again!