Author Topic: New version of FF7Music  (Read 66600 times)

Duellos

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #50 on: 2005-10-29 21:50:11 »
Thanks to you. This version of FF7music work successfull with the French version.  :love:

Thanks thanks and thanks

Sanjuro

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #51 on: 2005-10-29 23:52:15 »
Just to let you know - the new version of FF7music rocks, particularly the looping mp3s (no longer do i have to make mp3s that are half an hour long!) however just a few bugs that seem to have popped up.

Firstly there was a point in the game (I cant remember where exactly, but it was aroudn the time you go to Rocket Town) when after finishing a battle, the battle music didnt stop, and instead played along side the victory music.

Also (and a somewhat more significant error), after quiting FF7, with FF7music running, the process of FF7.exe (using WinXP) is still running, and for some reason this stops me from being able to open any program that plays music/videos. This is something that only seems to happen whilst running the latest version of FF7music.

But despite the couple of bugs, FF7music is great - keep up the good work! :)

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #52 on: 2005-10-30 09:50:26 »
Try having the first line in the paths box blank and then re enter your paths after the 1st line

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #53 on: 2005-10-30 13:12:47 »
I noticed one bug which has happened about 3 times.
When you go to an inn and sleep and the screen goes blank when the sleep music plays it keeps looping and you are stuck on the blank screen.

Zyrusticae

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #54 on: 2005-10-30 19:41:34 »
Setting FF7music to "High Priority" seems to fix most of my delay problems.

It does not, unfortunately, fix the problem of midi volume being completely unaffected regardless of what options I check. So instead of playing my midis I'm forced to use MP3s of the OST in their place. (The midis actually sound better than the OST with high-quality soundfonts...)

your evil twin

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #55 on: 2005-11-03 09:46:23 »
Seriously?  Any suggestions as to where to get those high quality soundfonts?

Has anyone else had a bug where the motorcycle chase music doesn't stop, or after it stops you just get silence?  In the bit after the bike chase and battle you have the characters standing around on the road, then jumping down to the ground and talking before setting off on the world map - when I do that bit of the game I just get silence when using FF7music.  When you step out onto the world map, suddenly I hear one second of the battle fanfare, then one second of the music you hear on the world, and then the world map music.  Very strange.

Also, I replaced the bombing mission track and then when I started a new game I didn't hear any music after the intro movie, when Cloud and everyone jumps off the train.  Just sound effects.  Music worked fine everywhere else.  Any suggestions?

Zyrusticae

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #56 on: 2005-11-03 11:31:09 »
SGM Soundfont

Runs at 150MBs, you'll need some good free RAM (and maybe a registry tweak) to run it smoothly.

There's also the Synergi Soundfont, but you have to purchase it. It's very good, particularly for its size (running at about 50MBs); I still prefer the SGM soundfont for certain instruments, however. (That, and I have 2GBs of RAM, 1GB of which hardly ever goes used...)

your evil twin

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #57 on: 2005-11-03 19:00:35 »
My MIDI music playback is done by a Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth ... would Soundblaster soundfonts work on that?  Or do you actually have to have a Sounblaster device?

Thanks though -  have 1gb of RAM so it should work fine. :D

Zyrusticae

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #58 on: 2005-11-03 20:26:29 »
You need a Soundblaster card. At LEAST a Sound Blaster Live!, hopefully an Audigy or better (Live! cards have issues with large soundfonts). I'm sure there are other cards out there that run soundfonts, but I'm not aware of them.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #59 on: 2005-11-04 04:24:50 »
Quote from: your evil twin

Also, I replaced the bombing mission track and then when I started a new game I didn't hear any music after the intro movie, when Cloud and everyone jumps off the train.  Just sound effects.  Music worked fine everywhere else.  Any suggestions?

Well, the first time you hear the bombing theme, I THINK it's actually part of the "opening theme", and then it repeats with the bombing theme, so the game is trying to access "Oa.mid", but you prolly dont have a replacement for it. *shrug*

Cicatriz Esp

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #60 on: 2005-11-05 15:47:16 »
My game allways crashes when i fight scotch in Dons house... The Battlesong starts, but the screen doesn't fade into the battle. Instead i simply get back to windows, but the music runs on.

These are my options;
stats

any hints?

xeriouxi

• View Profile
sYnerGi is any good?
« Reply #61 on: 2005-11-05 22:19:15 »
Hi everyone!

Wow... I am BACK!  :lol:

I'm sure everyone has probably forgot about me though so never mind...  :weep:

As for the topic, does anyone know if this sYnerGi SoundFont is worth getting? Well I am getting it right now, and hopefully I will get it working in the SB Audigy 2 ZS but does anyone have by any chance another example of what it sounds like other than the motorcycle music? Thanks!

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #62 on: 2005-11-05 22:40:14 »
:O Xeri!!

Welcome back :D

cvieor

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #63 on: 2005-11-09 21:05:43 »
Will this patch make the music quality that of the PSX version or will I have to download them myself?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #64 on: 2005-11-10 05:24:33 »
RTFT!

You can play ANY music you want; but you need to provide the music yourself.  So yes, you need to go "aquire" it.

Or you could just use your britney spears music insread =P

Cicatriz Esp

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #65 on: 2005-11-14 16:07:40 »
Quote from: Cicatriz Esp
My game allways crashes when i fight scotch in Dons house... The Battlesong starts, but the screen doesn't fade into the battle. Instead i simply get back to windows, but the music runs on.

These are my options;
stats

any hints?

bump, since its very anoying if you play the scene at kalm, where cloud tells his version of the past, and you crash at the end of the story. any idea how to fix that?
I only have this CTD (crash to desktop) with the (main)battlesong.

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #66 on: 2005-11-14 16:12:47 »
Try playing that part without ff7music?
Works for me. Even let us have your APP.LOG/DEBUG.LOG?

Cicatriz Esp

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #67 on: 2005-11-15 18:44:06 »
the very ending of my long app.log is like this

SET VOLUME 3: 127
MIDI play: 31
song is already playing...
TEXTURE LOADED INTO VIDEO MEMORY
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
MIDI play: 7

but its much larger, and i wonder what you might want to know...

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #68 on: 2005-11-16 08:57:15 »
have you tried it without FF7music then (i mean tried to run FF7 and pass that point)

Cicatriz Esp

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #69 on: 2005-11-16 09:32:30 »
Quote from: The Skillster
have you tried it without FF7music then (i mean tried to run FF7 and pass that point)

not yet, but i ll do it as soon i have time for ffvii again. Thanks for help. :)

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #70 on: 2005-11-16 15:39:37 »
Oh by the way that is the right log. Same as what you see in FF7music's main window after you close FF7 down.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #71 on: 2005-11-24 12:07:03 »
Do I have to do anything special to get this running PSFs? I'm sure I've reworked the .ini correctly for my filenames, but it's just giving me odd errors. I've seletected Winamp's PSF plugin and checked it's configured right, but no go...

I can't think what I'm doing wrong (this is quite a simple program!), but does anyone have any ideas for getting PSFs working? I don't have the errors with me (no internet at home right now), but I'm just posting this anyway since there's a slight chance someone will have my miracle cure :P

Thanks~

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #72 on: 2005-11-24 14:04:36 »
your running the new version I assume?
Check the ff7music.ini and make sure the psf_in.dll/in_psf.dll enteries are in there and that it has its settings set in the INI file.
The most that should happen is the music doesnt play or midis start playing? If your FF7/FF7music is crashing thats gotta be another issue

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #73 on: 2005-11-24 15:09:26 »
either i dont know how to handle this patch or it doesnt wotk for me:
i cant select any mp3 files even if there are some in D:\FFVII\Ficedula (Thats where my patch is) can u help me pls?

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #74 on: 2005-11-25 10:47:29 »
Im lost, what do you mean?