Author Topic: FF7 Music (outdated)  (Read 297914 times)

The_Iron_Chef

• View Profile
Re: STICKY: FF7 Music
« Reply #225 on: 2008-07-30 06:18:10 »
hmm... Well from my knowledge, i followed this site: http://savvygeek.com/2007/10/05/final-fantasy-vii-in-restored-glory/

I followed it EXACTLY step by step, except that i used out_wave.dll because out_ds.dll didn't work for me. Make sure you get your psf files folder path correctly, otherwise, everything on that site should explain very clearly...

68mustangfan, did you solve your problem from before?

68mustangfan

« Reply #226 on: 2008-08-14 06:27:35 »
No, I just gave up on it for a while cause it was giving me a headache

Chocobo Sage

« Reply #227 on: 2008-08-25 19:57:50 »
Wow, this thread has some longevity! I tend to play through FF7 every other year, and this year I was going to amp it all up. So I came across ficedula's program, but I'm terribly newb when it comes to these mods and how they work.

So this might be so dumb some of you wouldn't find it worthy of a reply but I really don't know anything so tell it to me simple if possible please! When I try to configure the Input Plugin to in_mp3.dll I get an immediate error saying "Access violation at address 1300AA3D in module 'in_mp3.dll'. Read of address 00000000." I've read the whole thread and saw a couple other people with this same problem (over the years) but I don't see any answers to it. Did this get solved and are there any suggestions out there?

Also, since I haven't been able to get it to work, I don't know what kind of files are included with the program. Where can I find all the mp3s or psfs as they are listed in the ini files?

Thanks for the help!

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #228 on: 2008-08-28 20:13:19 »
Hello!

I have windows Vista and FF7 Music works perfectly. (With many hacks ^^)

But... When I put the game on pause (on the battle screen), music continues. She has to pause too!
« Last Edit: 2008-08-28 20:14:58 by myst6re »

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2008-09-05 12:11:09 »
Wow, this thread has some longevity! I tend to play through FF7 every other year, and this year I was going to amp it all up. So I came across ficedula's program, but I'm terribly newb when it comes to these mods and how they work.

So this might be so dumb some of you wouldn't find it worthy of a reply but I really don't know anything so tell it to me simple if possible please! When I try to configure the Input Plugin to in_mp3.dll I get an immediate error saying "Access violation at address 1300AA3D in module 'in_mp3.dll'. Read of address 00000000." I've read the whole thread and saw a couple other people with this same problem (over the years) but I don't see any answers to it. Did this get solved and are there any suggestions out there?

Also, since I haven't been able to get it to work, I don't know what kind of files are included with the program. Where can I find all the mp3s or psfs as they are listed in the ini files?

Thanks for the help!

Recent version of in_mp3.dll may not work with FF7Music.  Perhaps you can find some older version(probably from WinAMP 2.x.... I can't remember well) to make it work.  And for psf files, check Neill Corlette's PSF Central.  You can find links to several hosting sites.

Strife67

« Reply #230 on: 2008-09-24 01:42:56 »
I ran into problems getting the PSF music files to work with FF7Music 1.51: they were not playing at all. After some trial and error, I discovered that I have to run the game directly through the ff7.exe and not through ff7music.exe, for some reason if I launched the game using ff7music.exe the music wouldn't play and it would stay this way even if I subsequently tried using ff7.exe again. When this happened I had to use the 'cetra' utility to restore the ff7.exe backup version and reapply the music patch, once done, the music would play just fine as long as I used the ff7.exe file instead of the ff7music.exe launcher.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #231 on: 2008-09-24 11:01:17 »
I ran into problems getting the PSF music files to work with FF7Music 1.51: they were not playing at all. After some trial and error, I discovered that I have to run the game directly through the ff7.exe and not through ff7music.exe, for some reason if I launched the game using ff7music.exe the music wouldn't play and it would stay this way even if I subsequently tried using ff7.exe again. When this happened I had to use the 'cetra' utility to restore the ff7.exe backup version and reapply the music patch, once done, the music would play just fine as long as I used the ff7.exe file instead of the ff7music.exe launcher.
I'd say that it didn't work when running through ff7music.exe, because you used the cetra utility.

ModHelp

• WAKKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2008-10-05 02:07:49 »
 :? :? :?

can you use custom songs like... mp3 s i get from limewire
and if i can tell me how please

Supreme_Bananas

« Reply #233 on: 2008-10-10 13:44:53 »

Thanks for the help!

I got the same problem, the input psf plugin (Highly Experimental) works fine, but when I pick the output plugin as out_wave.dll, it says 'access violation at address 13501A55 in module 'in_wm.dll' Read of address 00000000, I'm using the latest version (5.541). Can anyone help me?

DarkShadowRage

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2008-10-12 21:37:33 »
I actually have a MP3 of the Cintro which I recorded off a youtube clip from the game in progress..though I wish there was a PSF of it. That's actually one of my more favorite loops in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_nD3P4nC_I&fmt=18

I want a PSF though :(

DarkShadowRage

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2008-10-13 01:00:39 »
Sorry for double posting but I am about to record a much longer version of this track rather than 1 min.

Thanks to epsxe I can do this and I'll have the link up for download!
So you guys can have a high quality mp3 of the sephiroth shinra mansion theme!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FATC4CMW

Here you guys! This is a 7 min long looped version of the shinra mansion theme also made so it loops from when it ends!
Long awaited it seems. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 2008-10-13 01:40:22 by DarkShadowRage »

Terratyrant

« Reply #236 on: 2008-10-26 16:03:09 »
Hi all! I'm running into an odd problem using ficedula's music patch. I've downloaded the latest version, and am running on XP Home edition.

Anyway, the patch is pretty awesome, and I decided to play the game using PSF's for that nostalgic feeling. I got it working with no problems (Except a small episode with dead silent FMV's, but I fixed that by turning "Emulate ramps" off), but I seem to have run into an apparently random bug: sometimes, during a song change, (Like when you win a battle and the fanfare plays) the music dies. Just like that. The game continues to run normally, and there are sound effects, I can turn the midi volume up and hear it no prob, but the PSFs refuse to play. I can move into a different area and the music won't resume either. As mentioned before, it's completely random. Sometimes I fight 30 battles, run around into different areas etc. and it's fine, other times the music stops at the first occasion.

Turning the game off and then starting it up again fixes the problem, but sooner or later it happens again at a music change. I'm clueless as to what's causing it, much less how to fix it. Does anyone have an answer? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time, and keep on rocking. :mrgreen:

Edit: I also have to close FF7 music exe. through ctrl+alt+delete because it doesn't respond after the bug\crash. Maybe that will help in identifying the problem?
« Last Edit: 2008-10-26 21:48:22 by Terratyrant »

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2009-01-10 23:09:41 »
Final FanTim ~PRESENTS~
Final Fantasy VII Soundtrack Remastered Demo:, i hope you like it :-)
http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=1NLOPILR

You might be happy to know that im currently working on the remastered version of the whole soundtrack

DISC1: Complete!
DISC2: Complete!
DISC3: Complete!
DISC4: Complete!
« Last Edit: 2009-01-19 00:31:35 by finalfantim »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009-01-11 01:53:58 »
ye should upload disc 1 lol

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #239 on: 2009-01-11 13:20:25 »

Nobuo would be proud...
Can't wait to hear all of it!!

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2009-01-11 23:22:58 »

Nobuo would be proud...
Can't wait to hear all of it!!

thanks :) best compliment ever, we all know who's the real genius behind this music  :-D

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #241 on: 2009-01-12 12:09:09 »
thanks :) best compliment ever, we all know who's the real genius behind this music  :-D
It's a shame musical talent can't be passed down the same way sorceress' powers are in Final Fantasy VIII!
Hopefully Nobuo, if he has children, will pass his crazy talent down to them via genes. Haha.

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2009-01-13 00:31:42 »
DISC 2 Complete!

Well, i finished Disc 2 after mastering and tweaking some essential stuff to make the volume/quality equal

Im currently working on Cid's Theme...one of my personal favorites so its gonna be good  :-D

qwerty103

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009-01-15 18:19:58 »
Has anyone gave up on the music? I did everything correctly and my music  just doesn't read in FF7Music. Was thinking of putting some nice mp3's.

Someone please help!

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009-01-18 15:54:14 »
I also need some assistance with this (I bet I was here for the same reason x years ago...).

I've followed most links here, and though I haven't checked my progress very often (mom's laptop + XP = crashes(scary), yo), last I remember I had no success. I just started a new game to check up on some of these fabulous little mods (FF7Music, Phoenix Rejuvenation Project, and some other small patches). Now, the ff7.exe in question is straight out of the patch .zip and poked and prodded with cetra.
When I first unpacked FF7Music, it went straight into FF7's main directory (later moved to \ficedula). I have TWO different versions of FF7M: 1.10 and 1.51a. Never mind how the music is set up- lot's of spaces in the filenames, of course, but otherwise of doubtful relevance - but the older version had this handy log-window that reported FF7.exe as FOUND, but ff7music.dll as NOT FOUND. The newer version has no such output, and both simply don't work as I want them to. :x Kurses! ff7music.dll v. 1.1.1.0 is in the main (ff7.exe) directory, NOT in \ficedula. ficeconsole.dll v. 1.5.0(+) and the other one have copies BOTH in \ficedula AND 'Final Fantasy VII'. Though the .ini came with the older version of FF7Music, I have adjusted it to conform with the new parsing-wizardry (the first time I ran the new exe, it parsed the spaces as full stops... ouch!). If I have to do it over, I will hate any number of things... Bloody tedious...
Psst! (Filecount: 91)

Why the [insert Barret-tirade here] doesn't it work??

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2009-01-19 00:32:57 »
GOOD NEWS!
Today i finished DISC 4!!!

Ill add some ID3 tags etc and will upload it asap!

jagenigma

« Reply #246 on: 2009-02-02 15:04:44 »
does anyone have the ff7music.dll?  For some reason my copy of ffvii doesn't have it (yes it is a clean version not ultima or dl'd from the internet)

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #247 on: 2009-02-03 18:54:59 »
Ok, I HATE that ff7music :D I love it- and hate it :D

I love it- because I LOVE that mp3's :D

I hate it- because I HATE it, when I change a room and go into another and the music file restarts^^

Is that a bug? Or is that a ff7music Special :D

Thx for help ;)

Deniz

dealmaster

« Reply #248 on: 2009-02-08 03:07:52 »
I've been trying to get this to work with absolutely zero luck. I followed the instructions in the OP exactly and when I launch the game, I get no music (I ran Highwind and blew away midi.lgp) even though I'm pretty sure I have FF7Music set up properly. For the record, I'm running Vista Ultimate x64. Here's the first screen:

It's a little hard to see, but it's showing that I have the following dll files in the FF7 base directory:
out_wave.dll
in_mp3.dll
ficedula.dll
ff7music.dll
ficeconsole.dll

I think these are the ones I need and I think I have them in the right locations.

Files tab of FF7Music. I've renamed all the mp3 files to the names that they are by default referred to here. I purposely made a path with no spaces to avoid any issues there.

FF7 Music showing that it finds 92 music files (the same number as in the folder).

So what on earth am I doing wrong here? For the life of me, I can't figure it out and I can't make it play the mp3 files even though it appears I have everything set up properly. Maybe my ff7music.dll is wrong or outdated?

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009-02-08 03:29:46 »
I've been trying to get this to work with absolutely zero luck. I followed the instructions in the OP exactly and when I launch the game, I get no music (I ran Highwind and blew away midi.lgp) even though I'm pretty sure I have FF7Music set up properly. For the record, I'm running Vista Ultimate x64. Here's the first screen:

It's a little hard to see, but it's showing that I have the following dll files in the FF7 base directory:
out_wave.dll
in_mp3.dll
ficedula.dll
ff7music.dll
ficeconsole.dll

I think these are the ones I need and I think I have them in the right locations.

Files tab of FF7Music. I've renamed all the mp3 files to the names that they are by default referred to here. I purposely made a path with no spaces to avoid any issues there.

FF7 Music showing that it finds 92 music files (the same number as in the folder).

So what on earth am I doing wrong here? For the life of me, I can't figure it out and I can't make it play the mp3 files even though it appears I have everything set up properly. Maybe my ff7music.dll is wrong or outdated?
First, what version of in_mp3.dll is?  If it is latest version, I don't think it will work well with FF7music.  You'll need some older one.  And, did you put these dlls(ficedula.dll and etc) at the same place where ff7music.exe is?  Of course, winamp plugin path doesn't matter as long as FF7music recognizes it properly.