Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Rebirth Flame v1.3 - Character Texture Replacement  (Read 317874 times)

satansof2

• View Profile
yes, i think i figured it out by completely uninstalling and reinstalling the modes. so i think it was just me having a mod in there that was conflicting and didnt remember. but now im running into another issue, when squall does his blasting zone it freezes the game and i have to force close it. the only mods i have is the ones that mcindus (probably spelling his name wrong :P) mentioned in the tonberry enhanced forum (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15945.msg223951#msg223951) and this one. so ive gotta figure out which one is causing the problem now ><

EDIT: seems like all of his limit breaks are doing it.... time for a fresh install with no mods to see if it does it :'(
« Last Edit: 2015-04-15 22:18:59 by satansof2 »

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
yes, i think i figured it out by completely uninstalling and reinstalling the modes. so i think it was just me having a mod in there that was conflicting and didnt remember. but now im running into another issue, when squall does his blasting zone it freezes the game and i have to force close it. the only mods i have is the ones that mcindus (probably spelling his name wrong :P) mentioned in the tonberry enhanced forum (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15945.msg223951#msg223951) and this one. so ive gotta figure out which one is causing the problem now ><

EDIT: seems like all of his limit breaks are doing it.... time for a fresh install with no mods to see if it does it :'(

You don't need to do a fresh install. I'd wait for the next version of Tonberry to be released to see if that fixes the problem. This seems to only happen when you're fighting certain enemies. Like a Tonberry.

satansof2

• View Profile
ok, i might just play with no mods (which is gonna suck, but i can deal with it) to do some of the long and tedious tasks on disc 2. thanks for the help, i might just try doing a single install of each mod to see if its specific to a mod + tonberry

btw: i did some of the work/investigation already and made a thread (didnt know if it was specific to mod, but i did notice it didnt happen untill after i put in rebirth, but it might just be textures i think) http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16068.msg226667#msg226667
« Last Edit: 2015-04-16 01:13:30 by satansof2 »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
ok, i might just play with no mods (which is gonna suck, but i can deal with it) to do some of the long and tedious tasks on disc 2. thanks for the help, i might just try doing a single install of each mod to see if its specific to a mod + tonberry

btw: i did some of the work/investigation already and made a thread (didnt know if it was specific to mod, but i did notice it didnt happen untill after i put in rebirth, but it might just be textures i think) http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16068.msg226667#msg226667

Please try Tonberry 2.04 that mavirick just released and see if that fixes the crashing problem.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-16 03:05:16 by FatedCourage »

satansof2

• View Profile
well try it later today (2am here) and see if it happens again ill keep you posted :D

EDIT: you know, i feel stupid now, as i went to get the new version realized it had on the known issues as the issue i was having, i apologize fatedcourage for polluting your thread about a known issue :(

UPDATE: ok, seems to have fixed it just like he reported, thanks for the help fated and yet again sry for not noticing it sooner :D
« Last Edit: 2015-04-16 13:12:47 by satansof2 »

mavirick

• View Profile
well try it later today (2am here) and see if it happens again ill keep you posted :D

EDIT: you know, i feel stupid now, as i went to get the new version realized it had on the known issues as the issue i was having, i apologize fatedcourage for polluting your thread about a known issue :(

UPDATE: ok, seems to have fixed it just like he reported, thanks for the help fated and yet again sry for not noticing it sooner :D

You shouldn't feel stupid, this was not a part of the Known Issues list until the release of 2.04. Yes, I added it on there with the strikethrough :P There had been some discussion of the Limit Break problem in several different places but we can't expect everyone to go digging through dozens of comments just to see if someone else has had this issue. Normally I would have added it to the Known Issues bit earlier but since I don't own that thread it's not easy for me to update the first post...

In any case, I'm glad 2.04 seems to have fixed this issue for you  ;D

satansof2

• View Profile
aaaahh well all is well and thanks for the release and update. (though i thought it was ironic that the mod tonberry was having issues with tonberries (even though there was 2 mods involved) :D )

satansof2

• View Profile
Yeah... That's one I've been wracking my brain over to figure out. For the most part, I think I have a solution to most disappearing characters. But there are a few exceptions...and that's one of them right now. Just let me know if you come across any more spots where characters disappear on you. That way I can try out this method in those spots to see if it solves anything.

ok so far i noticed if you have irvine and rinoa (rinoa in the third position in menu) in the party and you go to bridge on balamb garden to control it, rinoa disappears, used zell and she reappears, she also disappears in the space scene before you get on the ragnarok, and also some parts when shes on the ground (havnt tried it with irvine not in my party) in space........

also wanted to let you know the spaced suits apparently have the skin of one of the characters instead of the normal white color..

(ill upload a youtube video if my shadowplay ever works)

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
ok so far i noticed if you have irvine and rinoa (rinoa in the third position in menu) in the party and you go to bridge on balamb garden to control it, rinoa disappears, used zell and she reappears, she also disappears in the space scene before you get on the ragnarok, and also some parts when shes on the ground (havnt tried it with irvine not in my party) in space........

also wanted to let you know the spaced suits apparently have the skin of one of the characters instead of the normal white color..

(ill upload a youtube video if my shadowplay ever works)

Disappearing characters and NPCs are a known issue. As for the spacesuits, it should be Zell's textures overlapping due to matching codes. I hope to have most of this fixed by Monday.

satansof2

• View Profile
i know they were a known issue just figured i would let you know since it was only when i had irvine in my team (didnt know if it was general issue or if some of them needed to still be pointed out)

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
i know they were a known issue just figured i would let you know since it was only when i had irvine in my team (didnt know if it was general issue or if some of them needed to still be pointed out)

Hey, no, it's fine. I know about most now. So I guess the objmap will just have to go once I'm able to release a decent hashmap. Thanks. Honestly, I know invisible characters must be an eyesore at times.

And sadly, it's taken me longer than I hoped to get it out there. :P

But I've been working on getting other things in as well.

Costumes are more smoothed out than really upscaled though. :P
« Last Edit: 2015-04-21 04:35:20 by FatedCourage »

satansof2

• View Profile
nice those look really really good, its great to have people modding this old but great game, all the improvements (especially the characters and UI) make the game look fantastic, thanks for all the work you've done and you and others continue to do. :D

lacyme

• View Profile
Over all its a great mod, and amazing you could figure out how to do all this! Thank you for your hard work!

I just got to the part with the spacesuits... Seeing Zell's eyes staring at me from riiiight at crotch level is pretty freaking hilarious. ;)
« Last Edit: 2015-04-27 17:19:10 by lacyme »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
nice those look really really good, its great to have people modding this old but great game, all the improvements (especially the characters and UI) make the game look fantastic, thanks for all the work you've done and you and others continue to do. :D

I don't make the textures. But I do move and fit them to work with the low poly models and the uniforms that haven't been made. I'm working hard to make sure this doesn't die out. :)

Over all its a great mod, and amazing you could figure out how to do all this! Thank you for your hard work!

I just got to the part with the spacesuits... Seeing Zell's eyes staring at me from riiiight at crotch level is pretty freaking hilarious. ;)

Just takes a little learning and trial and error. Couldn't do this without Mago's textures and Shunsq's BerryMapper tool. And the support and help from others. :)

Yeah... It's funny to look at. And maybe a little disturbing for some. ;D But luckily, with the coming release this will be fixed...mostly. Just have one more scene where that happens and I hope to fix it soon.

Edit: Found the problem.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-02 04:25:41 by FatedCourage »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
To add more options, or boredom at times and wanted to change things up for my own playthrough, I decided to add Mortael's gunblade texture to the low poly one. Not too bad I think. But I do need to find a way to give the barrel/trigger more shine. Whether people use it for themselves in the later release is up to them. I also wonder if he ever finished the other ones he and Crestian were working on. They were looking pretty great.

Edit: More shine.

And hands off dude.

« Last Edit: 2015-05-02 04:28:53 by FatedCourage »

ohy85

• View Profile
I can't pass the catching rinoa is space part because her character dissappeared. How can i get through this?  :cry:

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I can't pass the catching rinoa is space part because her character dissappeared. How can i get through this?  :cry:

This will be fixed in the next release that I should have up by either Sunday or Monday. What you can do for now is move rebirthflame_obj to the disable folder in Tonberry to disable the mod. Get through that one scene, then move it back out to turn it back on.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I've decided to finally release a new version of this mod. So I now present v1.1. This version should fix almost all disappearing objects in the game. A tradeoff is still a few textures reverting. But no where near as bad. There are three ways this might happen... One, certain areas where you go into battle. Afterwards, they might revert. Please let me know the areas where this happens so I can fix it. Two, using the Magical Lamp to fight Diablos. Since you can fight him at almost any time and in any area the textures are numerous and will take quite some time to collect. Three, a certain party combination in a certain area I missed. Again, let me know about it.

Things I've added:

-A couple altered costumes. (Some still need some tweaking.)
-The rest of the weapons for the Student Uniform battlers. (Nothing will revert back now.)
-Tweaked textures.
-Changed the gunblade texture for certain moments. (Consistency mostly.)

And most likely some other things I'm forgetting at the moment. :P

You no longer need the objmap for this mod. You can either delete it or move it to the disabled folder. But I'll leave the 1.0 version up for those who still want to use the objmap if they still feel unsatisfied.

Edit: Corrected a few names in the hashmap (Irvine's battler which uses Ulysses). And, to the best of my ability, upscaled the weapons better.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-06 08:10:34 by FatedCourage »

mavirick

• View Profile
I've decided to finally release a new version of this mod. So I now present v1.1. This version should fix almost all disappearing objects in the game. A tradeoff is still a few textures reverting. But no where near as bad. There are three ways this might happen... One, certain areas where you go into battle. Afterwards, they might revert. Please let me know the areas where this happens so I can fix it. Two, using the Magical Lamp to fight Diablos. Since you can fight him at almost any time and in any area the textures are numerous and will take quite some time to collect. Three, a certain party combination in a certain area I missed. Again, let me know about it.

Things I've added:

-A couple altered costumes. (Some still need some tweaking.)
-The rest of the weapons for the Student Uniform battlers. (Nothing will revert back now.)
-Tweaked textures.
-Changed the gunblade texture for certain moments. (Consistency mostly.)

And most likely some other things I'm forgetting at the moment. :P

You no longer need the objmap for this mod. You can either delete it or move it to the disabled folder. But I'll leave the 1.0 version up for those who still want to use the objmap if they still feel unsatisfied.

Really, really impressive work Fated. I look forward to trying this out!

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Really, really impressive work Fated. I look forward to trying this out!

Thanks. I hope you enjoy it. In truth, I could of held off longer to fix and collect more things but glitches that hinder progressing the game should probably take some priority. :P

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Just stopped by to say I tweaked the pack some more. All weapons have been properly upscaled. Or...rather...they don't look like crap anymore. I've also fixed default Squall's eyes on his low poly model so they don't look so big. I plan to fix the costumes later on. Like the hand placement on Quistis and Selphie in their SeeD uniforms and also try to take a crack at properly upscaling the uniforms as well. Oh, and actually finish the low poly Ultimecia.

See? Seifer's weapon actually looks like a weapon and no orange tint like on the last one.  :-P

As for code gathering... I'll probably resume that by the end of this month seeing as how I'm in the process of moving. Time is a little short this month. But I'll continue to tweak things as I do that.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
More things I've been working on. Modified world map Squall and his uniform counterpart. Finished Ulti, but she isn't perfect. Believe I just need to finish one more for Quistis. Then I should be good and then add them to the pack.

DarkMatta

• View Profile
Amazing stuff! I'll be sure to implement this into my game now! Keep up the great work.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
What are those strange dark rings around Ultimecia?

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Added the costume for Quistis. So that should be all the ones I can do for the main party. The outfits need some better work though.

Amazing stuff! I'll be sure to implement this into my game now! Keep up the great work.

Thanks. Now they are all up and ready in the v1.1 link on the first page. Just be sure to use the updated hashmap for the other things to take effect.

What are those strange dark rings around Ultimecia?

I assume that is some kind of texture problem with Project Eden.