Author Topic: [PSX/PC] kernel.bin data editor - Doomtrain (v1.0.1)  (Read 42623 times)

Truechimaera

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] kernel.bin data editor - Doomtrain (v1.0.1)
« Reply #75 on: 2021-01-10 01:01:03 »
Does this work for the steam Remastered version?  I've been trying to get it to work, but I just can't figure out how.  If it is possible, could someone post step by step instructions?

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #76 on: 2021-02-08 10:54:46 »
you need maki's Demaster and Deling editor.
-Unpack the game using Maki's Demaster tool you should have a folder name DEMASTER_EXP

-Using deling editor locate the main.fs file under DEMASTER_EXP\data\lang-en (assuming your laguage is english) and open the file
-On the deling editor open the eng folder and locate the kernel.bin file . double click it to extract
- you Can now use doomtrain to edit the kernel.bin file
- make a back-up of the kernel.bin file before opening it using Doomtrain.

to make it work in the game you need to replace the kernel.bin with the edited one on the main.fs file you opened earlier.

MysticLord

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2021-04-11 06:14:29 »
How do I extract the relevant file from /FF8DISK1.IMG, which I assume is a custom archive format SE used?

homersimson

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2022-04-13 21:23:45 »
hi , does the kernel.bin contain also the data of the auto-status abilities ? because by editing those we can set auto-holy war, auto-triple, auto-aura, and if the kernel file contain it , we can even make sure that the aura set the crisis to the maximum level, also , this game deserve the same attention and care in regard of modding programs that are given to final fantasy 9 , infact all the modders here should cooperate in order to have a unique program that comprehend all the functions of the modding programs that are currently separated

homersimson

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2022-04-17 09:17:32 »
as ever , none fucking reply to the questions , fuck you

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2022-04-17 10:48:26 »
as ever , none fucking reply to the questions , fuck you

I don't know if you've noticed, but I'll clue you in on a couple things.

1. The forum isn't a lively as it once was. It has largely been replaced by our discord server. You'd find help there a lot faster (if not nearly instantly) than here.

2. An extension of 1. The author of this program hasn't logged into the site since March 29. If you insist on using the forums for help, have some patience and wait a little longer than 4 days. Hell, the last reply in this thread was a year ago.

3. No, fuck you. If I knew the answer to your question, I'd be disinclined to respond after that and I hope anyone else feels the same... Get muted for a while.

Welcome to the forum, btw.  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2022-04-17 10:53:52 by Bonez »

darknesshah66

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2022-04-25 10:19:58 »
Hey I got problem with Rinoa's Angelo Limits hitting multiple times after ticking "break damage limit" on them. I don't know why this is happening. I'd just want them to go over 10k in late and not stop at 10k when there'd be potential for more damage. I was able to make Irvine's limits break the damage limit no problem but I got problem with Rinoa. Can anyone help me out?

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2022-07-13 10:48:57 »
Hey I got problem with Rinoa's Angelo Limits hitting multiple times after ticking "break damage limit" on them. I don't know why this is happening. I'd just want them to go over 10k in late and not stop at 10k when there'd be potential for more damage. I was able to make Irvine's limits break the damage limit no problem but I got problem with Rinoa. Can anyone help me out?
Do not ticking "break damage limit" on Rinoa and Zell's limits, It is useless but make a unknown bug.
There is a lot of rules didn't shown on tips, some options related to other files, It's not only effect by kernel.bin.