Author Topic: [FF8R-PC/Steam] FF8 Remastered (Lunatic Pandora) Mods Progress  (Read 299580 times)

dibz

• View Profile
Does anyone know whether this project's been abandoned? It's been over a year since the original post was updated and went onto state they were putting the final touches toward getting a version compatible with the remaster released...

I live in hope!  ???

You have to look at the last edit time from the bottom of the first post rather then the "last updated" text at the top of post, which was updated much more recently. He updated his patron very recently, and the project is very much still active.

tbcam88

• View Profile
You have to look at the last edit time from the bottom of the first post rather then the "last updated" text at the top of post, which was updated much more recently. He updated his patron very recently, and the project is very much still active.

Well spotted, Sir!

I feared it had fell away into development limbo tbh...

After playing FFVII with the beautiful upscale mod on offer by Satsuki, I'm eager to follow up with VIII sooner rather than later! Props to McIndus/Fated Courage and all those involved for their time and effort in preserving what so many consider to be the holy grail of timeless video game entertainment.  8-)

lWFDl

• View Profile
I'm playing with the Anglewing mod, without FFVIII isn't really remastered. The mod is awesome!

There is a bug, during the prison break sequence, right after you rescued Zell after being chased. Irvine's head is missing and the first time Squalls textures were a mess then the game crashed. Second time, the game crashed right after Irvine appears and saves the day.

Another bug is, when you open your workstation in the Garden. the menu screen is all messed up.

lWFDl

• View Profile
So, I fixed the bug with the screen on Squalls computer myself. Damn I thought it was easy, but it wasn't because some of the textures uses had to be fixed by hand bit by bit. I don't know if it's an error with the European/German version of the game. I hope for every one else, it is...

so long...

LVaulth

• View Profile
nice stuff, thank you.

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Hey, so I peeked in on the patreon page and it seems that there was a release back in April. I've been following on Qhimm forever and I'm just wondering if we are any closer to a release here. If the only way to play this is going to be by getting on the patreon, that's cool too, you have done a ton of excellent work. So if you could can you let us know if the mod is coming anytime soon to Qhimm and if not, is there a complete and working package available on patreon? 

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Hey, so I peeked in on the patreon page and it seems that there was a release back in April. I've been following on Qhimm forever and I'm just wondering if we are any closer to a release here. If the only way to play this is going to be by getting on the patreon, that's cool too, you have done a ton of excellent work. So if you could can you let us know if the mod is coming anytime soon to Qhimm and if not, is there a complete and working package available on patreon? 

You can play it right now for free. Literally everything is complete except for Angelwing. Angelwing's alpha is available for patrons. The rest are completely available for free right now for manual install. The auto-installer has always been a paid privilege since before the Remaster. Once Angelwing is complete it will be made public for free. The auto installer will then come. Whether the installer will be made available for a one-time, or he keeps it a Patron-only, idk. That's up to Mcindus. But, it will be "paid"... But, remember, they're all free if you install them yourself. You're just paying for the convenience (and right now early access to Angelwing).