Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421623 times)

Salvy

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2375 on: 2014-08-07 12:59:55 »
Hi so I got the game to work perfectly, with all mods and everything. But my hard drive started to go out so I moved everything to another HD but I had to reinstall everything. Im using the 2012 remake BTW, but whenever I use the game converter and test ff7.exe the game coloring and quality is terrible, almost like its 8-bit. Any idea why? I'm running Windows 7 x64
« Last Edit: 2014-08-07 16:07:17 by Vgr »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: 2014-08-07 16:13:26 »
Hi so I got the game to work perfectly, with all mods and everything. But my hard drive started to go out so I moved everything to another HD but I had to reinstall everything. Im using the 2012 remake BTW, but whenever I use the game converter and test ff7.exe the game coloring and quality is terrible, almost like its 8-bit. Any idea why? I'm running Windows 7 x64

Where is your game installed? If it's in Program Files, My Documents or the Desktop you will need to move it outside of those places. You can try ignoring the Game Converter and installing Bootleg directly. Bootleg already has a Game Converter included. Kompass' GC is mainly for the Steam version. It will work with the 2012 re-release, though. If it doesn't work (and it should), make sure you have a vanilla install with nothing else than the game itself, then follow the tutorial step-by-step.

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: 2014-08-07 18:27:25 »
The install directory is FF7DISC1>Games>FF7>Final Fantasy 7. I tried modding with bootleg without game converter last time and the mods didn't install properly but I'll try it again. How do I do a vanilla install? Is that the same as custom install?

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: 2014-08-07 18:33:21 »
Music is dealt with FF7Music. It needs to run, so you need to launch one of the shortcuts that were created on your desktop.

Is there anyway to get the Music to run automatically through the bootloader? Also, to have it automatically mount the play disk?
Other than that it looks to run perfectly.

Thanks again!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: 2014-08-07 18:45:33 »
This is only as information!
The new custom openGL driver supports ogg music files natively and don't need FF7music anymore. But due to some internal changes it's not full compatible with Bootleg.

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: 2014-08-07 19:55:53 »
So, I got everything working finally but I still for some reason cannot get the music to work. When I load the game the FF7 music automatically loads but no music is played. Any ideas?

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: 2014-08-07 20:19:27 »
did you installed besides bootleg something else? did you install aalis driver 0.81b perhaps?

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: 2014-08-07 20:38:37 »
I didn't install any driver. I did a fresh start. I custom installed the 2012 remake, installed bfe and bootleg, downloaded all of the required mods for my settings. The entire process went well except a few things: when it came to ff7 music installing it said the installer was corrupted; it couldn't find gjoerulv.exe (hardcore mode mod); and in ff7 config under the graphics tab it shows everything as passing except for the "8-bit palleted textures". It says that it failed. And the screen still has this very blurry, low resolution when playing the game. Any ideas?

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: 2014-08-07 20:48:38 »
If you get a file corrupted message, you may retry to download the package / installer again. Just in case. Try to start in administrator mode and make sure your antivirus program is not interfering.

i had the same problems with the music too. i have installed the latest aali 0.81b driver and downloaded the anxious heart package http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12787.0 after bootlegging my ff7.
after that, i had no music problems anymore :)

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: 2014-08-07 21:12:02 »
If you get a file corrupted message, you may retry to download the package / installer again. Just in case. Try to start in administrator mode and make sure your antivirus program is not interfering.

i had the same problems with the music too. i have installed the latest aali 0.81b driver and downloaded the anxious heart package http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12787.0 after bootlegging my ff7.
after that, i had no music problems anymore :)

AFTER bootlegging it? So If i install this now it should be fine? I don't have to reinstall.
Did you also have a problem with it being semi-hard as fuck lol is there a difficulty changer that I can see?

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: 2014-08-07 21:21:51 »
I tested it by myself and it worked. You could also first try the following :

Install anxious hearts and then look at the config of the current aali driver up, so you can play the inf loop ogg with aali, not with ff7music. You need to set correcte path to the vgmstream plugin and music folder

Unfortunately i am not at the pc anymore. Additional information i can provide tomorrow or other members of the board can do that.

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: 2014-08-07 21:22:29 »
I was actually hoping to get the OST soundtrack during the game not the original. Can you think of anything else that I can do to fix the music?
The FF7 music is up and running during the game, it's just not playing.

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: 2014-08-07 21:51:36 »
For some reason, the default path to the music wasn't right! But, I finally got everything to work right now!
Thanks all!

One more thing, is there a way to change the difficulty without uninstalling or anything? I must of accidentally picked hardcore mode cause this is insane haha.

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: 2014-08-08 00:57:38 »
Hey guys, I came across another problem just recently. During battles, the screen is half black where the character bars are. I tried to configure the graphics in bootlegger but they won't save after I click write CFG. When I go to FF7 Configuration, it's set to custom driver but it gives me "The specified procedure cannot be found" instead of the good message.
Is there something I can do about this?
Thanks.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: 2014-08-08 02:30:31 »
You need to install Menu Overhaul and enable the New Battle Interface setting in the Bootloader (it should be on by default, though) for the black bar at the bottom to be gone. Check your profiles in FF7Music, make sure it's not blank. Stuff like that happens sometimes.

To change the difficulty, you will need to run Bootleg over a fresh install.

Where is your game installed?

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: 2014-08-08 05:18:48 »
You need to install Menu Overhaul and enable the New Battle Interface setting in the Bootloader (it should be on by default, though) for the black bar at the bottom to be gone. Check your profiles in FF7Music, make sure it's not blank. Stuff like that happens sometimes.

To change the difficulty, you will need to run Bootleg over a fresh install.

Where is your game installed?

I reinstalled one more time and did all the configs right this time before I ran the mod installer.
Everything works great now!

Thanks VGR for helping me out man! I really appreciate it!

If I ever met you guys in real life I would buy you all beers. (or twenty)

Thanks so much all!!!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: 2014-08-08 05:24:26 »
You're welcome.

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: 2014-08-08 05:26:51 »
Can somebody please help me out? With my screen resolution issue during gameplay?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-08 13:46:17 by Vgr »

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: 2014-08-08 05:31:32 »
You're welcome.

Sigh, I jumped the gun.

This time everything graphically works fine but I have jumbled letters everywhere from the start menu, to the game menu.
Also, for some reason FF7 music just didn't install... I don't have the folder with the OST music in it.

Installed in C:/Games/FF7
And I don't have break 9999 checked in config.
I also ran the FF7 Music patch in FAQ and it didn't work.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-08 05:41:55 by Kiddster »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: 2014-08-08 13:53:39 »
I didn't install any driver. I did a fresh start. I custom installed the 2012 remake, installed bfe and bootleg, downloaded all of the required mods for my settings. The entire process went well except a few things: when it came to ff7 music installing it said the installer was corrupted; it couldn't find gjoerulv.exe (hardcore mode mod); and in ff7 config under the graphics tab it shows everything as passing except for the "8-bit palleted textures". It says that it failed. And the screen still has this very blurry, low resolution when playing the game. Any ideas?

8-bit textures failing is normal and harmless. You should re-download manually FF7Music's installer as well as Gjoerulv's hardcore mod. What do you mean by blurry, low resolution? Can you provide a screenshot?

Sigh, I jumped the gun.

This time everything graphically works fine but I have jumbled letters everywhere from the start menu, to the game menu.
Also, for some reason FF7 music just didn't install... I don't have the folder with the OST music in it.

Installed in C:/Games/FF7
And I don't have break 9999 checked in config.
I also ran the FF7 Music patch in FAQ and it didn't work.

Any ideas?

FF7Music not installing is odd. Are you sure the installer is in there? What do you mean by jumbled letters? Are they overlapping, making it look like a big odd letter? A screenshot would be appreciated.

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: 2014-08-08 15:23:39 »
Here's what happens when I launch the game through boot loader
« Last Edit: 2014-08-08 15:36:42 by EQ2Alyza »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2396 on: 2014-08-08 15:43:31 »
When using full screen, set the game resolution equal to your Windows resolution. The screenshots are too dark to tell what kind of textures are loading. There is a bootleg.log file that displays the Bootleg install process. View that to see what mods may have been missed.

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: 2014-08-08 16:27:17 »
The thing is that is exactly what the screen looks like when I'm playing. Its almost as if some textures simply aren't being loaded. I'll take a look at the file and let you know what I find out. Anything you want me to post to help you help me a little more?

You can use the Modify button to change your post instead of posting twice or thrice -Vgr
« Last Edit: 2014-08-08 16:42:29 by Vgr »

great_k

• View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: 2014-08-08 18:45:36 »
Have run into an issue with the Wutai sidequest.
After rescuing Yuffie and Elena my materia is not returned.
Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: 2014-08-08 19:18:22 »
It doesn't seem like an issue with Bootleg, but let's see if I can do anything. Where is your game installed?