Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2433409 times)

Salvy

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2400 on: 2014-08-08 19:59:05 »
Good news, I adjusted the game resolution - made it equal to my windows resolution just as you suggested and the screen looks good as new! However I'm having issues with the ff7 music installer now. I try to run it but keep keeps saying that the installer is corrupted, even after downloading another copy and running it, with administrator privileges

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: 2014-08-08 22:28:57 »
I don't know what may cause this. Maybe Covarr would know.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: 2014-08-08 22:32:00 »
Usually this error comes from trying to run 16-bit software on 64-bit windows, but that installer is absolutely not 16-bit, so that wouldn't be it. I recall seeing similar errors caused by interfering antivirus software from time to time. If you've got any running, you should probably disable it while you install this.

RayofSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: 2014-08-09 14:56:53 »
Hi; I'm having a somewhat bizarre problem. I've been running the game (after a bunch of mods) just fine for days, in windowed 1024x768 resolution; today, when I went to boot it up from bootloader, it pitched an "internal resolution too high" fit and locked up, forcing me to end the process to kill it.

Now, this actually happened to me several days ago, when I initially attempted to play the game after not touching it for months, but everything was going fine after reinstalling; I know at least one person on this forum has asked this question before, but it doesn't seem like they got a reply, so I'm rather at a dead end.

Any help would be appreciated.
Also, here is my APP.LOG file. Note that eidoslogo.avi and sqlogo.avi have both been intentionally removed from my movies folder because for some reason they lag like crazy and then crash, but I'd removed them before I commenced my enormous stream yesterday where the game ran fine, so that's not part of the problem.

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 7600 GT/PCIe/SSE2 2.1.2
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 4096x4096
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1024x738, output resolution 984x738, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
ERROR: Driver didn't accept our FBO attachments, reverting to slow path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 32, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 2048
ERROR: no FBO support, cannot render in higher resolution than window size
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 984x738
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
ERROR: couldn't open movie file: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi
ERROR: couldn't open movie file: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi
WM_CLOSE
END OF CREDITS!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD
« Last Edit: 2014-08-09 14:58:25 by RayofSpeed »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: 2014-08-09 15:52:56 »
Internal resolution must not be higher than window size.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2405 on: 2014-08-09 16:00:10 »
Internal resolution can be higher than window size (screen resolution). It's the window size (screen resolution) that can't be higher than your Windows resolution. Go into Bootloader Configure and set the screen resolution and internal resolution to 1024x768. You can even disable internal resolution by unchecking its box if you want.

FYI, your GPU has 256 MB of vRAM so it's going to struggle playing with a ton of graphical mods. If your movies are a modded selection, than the eidos and square movies may be an indication of what's to come.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: 2014-08-09 16:02:46 »
Well it can be higher, but (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe it needs to be the same aspect ratio (which it's not). At any rate what Alyza said; set it to 1024*768, it should work.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: 2014-08-09 16:34:35 »
Yep, that's correct. It says that in its hover message.

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: 2014-08-09 17:04:09 »
Oh my mistake, I had windows firewall turned on when I downloaded and installed it. Ill turn it off, download it reinstall and post the results

RayofSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: 2014-08-09 18:54:55 »
It's actually just the Eidos logo that lags badly, but the Square one could; none of the other ingame cutscenes do (thus far).  Regarding my GPU, it chugs and struggles a bit when loading a large texture for the first time, but it's far from unplayable. Anyway, weirdly it worked just fine yesterday, with internal resolution disabled.

As it transpires, my internal resolution has, for no reasons known to man, set itself to 3840x2160 (according to the bootloader).

Checking the internal resolution box and setting it to 1024x768 causes it to pop the same error, and on rebooting the bootloader, the internal resolution box is still checked and still set to 1024x768. Here's the APP.LOG:

INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1024x738, output resolution 984x738, internal resolution 1024x768
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
ERROR: Driver didn't accept our FBO attachments, reverting to slow path
ERROR: no FBO support, cannot render in higher resolution than window size
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 984x738
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
ERROR: couldn't open movie file: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi
ERROR: couldn't open movie file: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi
WM_CLOSE
END OF CREDITS!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

EDIT: on a whim I decided to try setting both the internal resolution and the window resolution to 984x738, following this line -
>INFO: internal resolution clamped to 984x738
- and while the game is no longer popping the "internal resolution too high" error, the opening credits are now chugging at about one frame per minute, which is absolutely not supposed to happen and didn't when the game was functioning just fine yesterday. Here's the APP.LOG from that:

INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 984x738, output resolution 984x738, internal resolution 984x738
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
WM_CLOSE
END OF CREDITS!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD
« Last Edit: 2014-08-09 19:13:53 by RayofSpeed »

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: 2014-08-10 06:15:22 »
Okay so I installed and ran the installer, but I can't hear any music when I play. Nor any found fx like shooting or slicing

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: 2014-08-10 07:01:28 »
Wait I got it to work. I changed the music plugin on ff7opengl from vgmstream_music.fgp to ff7music.fgp. At first the midi and sound fx wasn't working, so I opened ff7config and I tested all the sound drivers. Then I ran the game and it works perfectly now! Thank you for the help, I appreciate it

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: 2014-08-10 13:51:39 »
If you're having to change the music plugin out of vgmstream, then that means you're using Aali's 0.8.1b, which isn't a part of the Bootleg install.

Sigh, these are reasons why I've almost given up helping the public with Bootleg anymore. All too often I run into users who don't follow the instructions in the tutorial.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: 2014-08-11 13:58:56 »
If you're having to change the music plugin out of vgmstream, then that means you're using Aali's 0.8.1b, which isn't a part of the Bootleg install.

Sigh, these are reasons why I've almost given up helping the public with Bootleg anymore. All too often I run into users who don't follow the instructions in the tutorial.

I know the feeling, people don't read. They're too fucking lazy to read the fine print.  That's education for you, but you know what they say right? Ignorance is bliss.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: 2014-08-11 15:23:19 »
Fun fact: When we made Bootleg, we made sure to squash all the bugs. 95% of the user helping I've done was caused by a PEBCAK problem. In some rare cases an odd bug pops in, but most of the time people don't read. Thank god I'm more patient than I used to be :P

Cynas

• View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: 2014-08-11 15:34:16 »
Having a problem with music because I screwed around with something I shouldn't have and windows crashed on me.

This is the log from FF7Music:

Prevented from resuming
CSR9
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

LOG_SYSTEM: [GoogleUpdate:goopdate]: ERROR - Cannot create ETW log writer

Proceed with written floggings and laughter, then please help!

EDIT: I may have fixed this already by playing around in FF7Config as well as FF7Music under config.  I believe I was expecting an updated track where there shouldn't have been one (sector 7 pillar).
Proceed with floggings anyway.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-11 15:52:58 by Cynas »

RayofSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: 2014-08-13 14:00:44 »
Fun fact: When we made Bootleg, we made sure to squash all the bugs. 95% of the user helping I've done was caused by a PEBCAK problem. In some rare cases an odd bug pops in, but most of the time people don't read. Thank god I'm more patient than I used to be :P

Apparently not all the bugs. At the moment what I'm noticing is that FF7 will run fine on my first boot of it after a fresh install, but if at any point I close and re-open Bootloader, it breaks; I'm starting to wonder if it's because I'm running on Windows 7, since I never had this kind of problem when my computer ran XP.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: 2014-08-13 14:32:05 »
He said 95%, which doesn't mean all the bugs. 100% would, and that'd be realistically impossible. I don't know how we'd be able to solve your issue, considering I run all my installs on Windows 7 for a desktop and a laptop. We can't replicate every computer setup, so "bugs" are bound to pop-up. And when we're talking "bugs" here, it's really just the programs associated with Bootleg that give people problems. Very rarely does anyone report mod bugs.

I think Bootleg should always be considered a beta build, and it's up to the users to know how to resolve issues due to their own computer setups and settings. We have a limited number of computer setups to test before a release, and whenever it is released, it's tested as Vgr says.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-13 14:34:03 by EQ2Alyza »

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: 2014-08-14 15:38:16 »
I appreciate the large amount of work you have put in to making ff7 a much better experience and I sincerely apologize for asking dumb questions. I understand that you've been at this for years and you probably get annoyed as hell when you have newbs like myself asking trivial things about issues that arose from not properly following instructions.

But I accidentally run into these issues because I live in an area where I have limited bandwidth so I am unable to simply download every single mod, package and program. The first time I installed everything correctly and it worked fine, but the hard drive I had it installed on went out so I sort of got flustered and carelessly rushed through the installation on the new hard drive I got
« Last Edit: 2014-08-15 01:26:47 by Vgr »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: 2014-08-15 13:36:55 »
Just remember not to rush things next time. Do a fresh install and take your time. Whenever I get mine installed I simply do stuffs. Hurr paaa durrrp

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: 2014-08-15 15:35:24 »
Oh it works perfectly now. I used that one program that deleted any trace of ff7, then I followed everything step-by-step. However the music was the only issue for a while because I installed anxious heart. So question (informational purpose only, I'm not having issues with the music): is it possible to run the bootleg without having FF7 music install? I noticed that the music_ogg folder in data is gone after ff7 music installs. It seems simpler to replace the ogg music files with the ones included with AH.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: 2014-08-15 15:38:05 »
It will be in the next Bootleg release when it supports Aali's Driver 0.8.1b.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: 2014-08-15 17:39:14 »
Yo I do have a question I have been meaning to ask. All the new mods that are going to be coming out for graphic updates, audio and gameplay; will they all be put into another torrent for a full package like your other ones when the new bootleg comes out?

Cmilan

• View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: 2014-08-25 14:17:06 »
Well guys i still got problems with the minigames now on snowboard and this time i find no way to avoid it like the condor one! :(

It completly crashes my game when i want to go to the snowboard minigame!
« Last Edit: 2014-08-25 14:19:12 by Cmilan »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: 2014-08-25 14:20:42 »
If the snowboard minigame crashes then it's possible that FF7.exe is the problem. Make a backup of it and replace it with the one from the 1.02 patch.