Basically Mandatory > 7th Heaven

[FF7] 7th Heaven+FFNx Guide&FAQ

<< < (3/5) > >>

OatBran:

--- Quote from: Erogard on 2020-05-29 21:47:24 ---I'm having a problem when trying to play the game in fullscreen... The screen keeps flicking, I don't know if this is the right word for this, but the screen glitches basically...

I tried to activate vsync on the FFNx.cfg but it doesn't work. If I use 7th Heaven without FFNx the fullscreen works perfectly and in windowed mode the game works fine, do you have any idea of what could possibly be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The screen glitch happens even when I run FF7 without mods.

--- End quote ---

I havent heard of that issue before, I will ask odin about it later and see what he says. Have you tried different backend renderer options? dx11 instead of opengl? I usually play in a borderless window, and if the problem persists without resolution then I recommend you to do the same I suppose.

Erogard:

--- Quote from: OatBran on 2020-05-29 23:06:28 ---I havent heard of that issue before, I will ask odin about it later and see what he says. Have you tried different backend renderer options? dx11 instead of opengl? I usually play in a borderless window, and if the problem persists without resolution then I recommend you to do the same I suppose.

--- End quote ---

If I use any other backend render option besides opengl the game crashes instantly lol (I already tried to update DirectX, but I already have the newest version), and yeah if the problem persists I'll follow your suggestion to play in a borderless window.

Erogard:
Forget about it, using the new canary version the fullscreen issue is fixed even if the game crashes sometimes on startup due to being a unstable version.

Spooniest:
Ciaobuongiorno. I was wondering, your guide says to install to C:\7th Heaven\ and also, from this very thread, it seems that it looks for FF7's installation in C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe.

I have Steam installed on an external usb Solid State Drive. Is that going to make it incompatible with this installation process? Your guide seems to skip over this part, unless I'm just not reading it carefully enough. Or do I simply direct it to my installation folder, regardless of which drive it's on? Will it be ok to install 7th Heaven on a drive other than my primary HDD (C:\)? Does this work, or should I install it on the primary HDD?

LordUrQuan:

--- Quote from: Spooniest on 2020-06-18 02:35:56 ---Ciaobuongiorno. I was wondering, your guide says to install to C:\7th Heaven\ and also, from this very thread, it seems that it looks for FF7's installation in C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe.

I have Steam installed on an external usb Solid State Drive. Is that going to make it incompatible with this installation process? Your guide seems to skip over this part, unless I'm just not reading it carefully enough. Or do I simply direct it to my installation folder, regardless of which drive it's on? Will it be ok to install 7th Heaven on a drive other than my primary HDD (C:\)? Does this work, or should I install it on the primary HDD?

--- End quote ---
It doesn't matter whether the drive is internal or external, only that the game doesn't live in a system protected folder like \Program Files (x86)\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version