Author Topic: Selection cursor moves between choices on it own  (Read 257 times)

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
Selection cursor moves between choices on it own
« on: 2024-02-22 10:59:50 »
I added an option to equip the Restore at the beginning, it works as intended but for some reason the cursor jumps between yes and no at random(I've seen as little as 3 seconds and as long as a minute), I've looked at other choises in the game and I can't see anything that I might be missing and it doesn't happen elsewhere in the game, and it's not a dodgy controller as it happens with the controller turned off aswel.

I had the lines in Cloud Script 3 was thinking maybe it clashed with the play animation right before so added a wait for animation no change.
Moved the lines into the Materia again no change.

markul

• View Profile
Re: Selection cursor moves between choices on it own
« Reply #1 on: 2024-02-22 17:40:28 »
Try other variable in the selection of the choice.Maybe the one that you are using is already used for other things in the map , maybe animations.

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2024-02-22 23:38:05 »
That worked, thanks, I swear I looked and it was empty originally, I guess not though.

Is there like a speardsheet of variables somewhere that state if they're usually free or not? And which ones are temporary and get reset when you exit the screen?
« Last Edit: 2024-02-22 23:48:21 by Pure_Mind_Games »

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2024-02-23 13:22:16 »
That worked, thanks, I swear I looked and it was empty originally, I guess not though.

Is there like a speardsheet of variables somewhere that state if they're usually free or not? And which ones are temporary and get reset when you exit the screen?
Myst6re put the variable manager to check the variables that are used in the flevel. But there are more that are used in the game, be careful  . Variables bank [5]/[6] are temporary, for example.   

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2024-02-23 14:16:16 »
Yeah I thought I used that, but upon rechecking the default flevel it was used, so I guess I didn't put the right number in or maybe in my infinite wisdom I didn't even check(my money is on the latter).

If for example I wanted to use [15][03] on X map would it tell if it's used anywhere in game or just that map? From what you said it sounds like it'll tell me if it's used anywhere, but I just wanna double check.

I knew the variable I was using was temporary because I tried using it once before but I needed it on another screen and asked tsuna during a stream, if it's the entire banks then that helps a lot.
« Last Edit: 2024-02-23 14:32:16 by Pure_Mind_Games »

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2024-02-23 15:00:21 »
Tells you if its used in any map(but does not tell you wich one) of the flevel , but, if you want to quickly check if a variable is used in one map you can use the "Find" tool.
« Last Edit: 2024-02-23 15:04:17 by markul »