Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4953847 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9300 on: 2020-04-27 20:58:30 »
Jajaja the new costumes are great xD Good addition O_o
Edit: and Django? D:

Oh, the files are in there but the option isn't. I'll correct it.

IRO
Edit: https://mega.nz/file/XsMkBAQb#3v1XbQgowt2KiH4uEBlaUkmE9Lx3X_Bc3UBhMOiJPo4
« Last Edit: 2020-04-27 21:12:55 by Sega Chief »

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9301 on: 2020-04-28 03:07:17 »
Is this compatible with ESUI? I see 7H says it is not with the controller addition at least. Sorry if this has already been asked.

OatBran

• moop all day skeent all night
    • View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #9302 on: 2020-04-28 14:05:07 »
I didn't see much info on this anywhere, but when you lose Cloud during disc 2 and you find him, Tifa leaves to take care of him and then you have Cid to go around and get the Mega-Materia... There is a random npc in the beginning of Mideel that skips Tifa leaving and half of the Mega-Materia questline? Is that intended to be there? If you do get Cloud back early with that npc and then try to go to corel to do the quest that was skipped the game glitches out and softlocks. Seems like a debug type thing that was left in the game to me idk why you would want to skip all that content normally. Just wondering if this is an intended thing to be there or not.

Eldaer

• View Profile
« Reply #9303 on: 2020-04-28 14:23:18 »
Hi, I got impatient, so I switched to vanilla battle. When I reached temple of the ancient, the memory when tseng gets attacked by sephiroth, the dialogue was invisible, the boxes werent on screen at all but still had to press to get past them. Will this be a problem going forward in other sections? Is there somethign I can do to fix it?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9304 on: 2020-04-28 17:03:40 »
Is this compatible with ESUI? I see 7H says it is not with the controller addition at least. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Not yet, no; it changes the flevel so I need to manually add support for it.

I didn't see much info on this anywhere, but when you lose Cloud during disc 2 and you find him, Tifa leaves to take care of him and then you have Cid to go around and get the Mega-Materia... There is a random npc in the beginning of Mideel that skips Tifa leaving and half of the Mega-Materia questline? Is that intended to be there? If you do get Cloud back early with that npc and then try to go to corel to do the quest that was skipped the game glitches out and softlocks. Seems like a debug type thing that was left in the game to me idk why you would want to skip all that content normally. Just wondering if this is an intended thing to be there or not.

So, I have this habit of adding script jumps to quickly test sequences and then forgetting to remove them when I'm done. I'll put up a patch tonight.

Hi, I got impatient, so I switched to vanilla battle. When I reached temple of the ancient, the memory when tseng gets attacked by sephiroth, the dialogue was invisible, the boxes werent on screen at all but still had to press to get past them. Will this be a problem going forward in other sections? Is there somethign I can do to fix it?

This happened before, I think it was to do with something unexpected like a Field models mod or an animations one. I'll need to ask Strife if he remembers which mod it was. I don't think it affected other scenes.

Eldaer

• View Profile
« Reply #9305 on: 2020-04-28 19:17:29 »
Ok, tyvm for quick reply. Haven't seen anything else missing

Rocky_Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #9306 on: 2020-04-28 21:49:47 »
Thanks for the reply guys. Blackchocobo looks very handy. Perhaps you could tell me what the trade off for Mr.Smile/Rank Ups is. I took it to be like a deal with the devil from something like binding of isaac at first. Since i ranked up a couple of characters in the mines and headed for Junon, i noticed the first boss i encountered (beach sea monster whatever hes called) is a significant spike in difficulty. Is the trade off harder enemies with each rank up? Essentially lending a lot more weight to your specialization choices? Can you complete the game without touching the system and experience a more base line of difficulty or is using the rank up system regularly recommended to complete the game and experience the new content? I enjoy a challenge either way so i expect ill carry on as is, im just curious as to how it works as i might have to consider my stat choices more carefully to ensure i have a full breadth arsenal for any event.
Cheers

siema87

• View Profile
« Reply #9307 on: 2020-04-28 22:28:39 »
Spoiler: show
Dunno what's wrong but Cloud isn't reviving Aeris after fight with Jenova... mod has been working to this point...

NVM already found answer that you have to choose "wait" in dialogue option before cutscene
« Last Edit: 2020-04-28 22:44:24 by siema87 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9308 on: 2020-04-29 00:22:39 »
Thanks for the reply guys. Blackchocobo looks very handy. Perhaps you could tell me what the trade off for Mr.Smile/Rank Ups is. I took it to be like a deal with the devil from something like binding of isaac at first. Since i ranked up a couple of characters in the mines and headed for Junon, i noticed the first boss i encountered (beach sea monster whatever hes called) is a significant spike in difficulty. Is the trade off harder enemies with each rank up? Essentially lending a lot more weight to your specialization choices? Can you complete the game without touching the system and experience a more base line of difficulty or is using the rank up system regularly recommended to complete the game and experience the new content? I enjoy a challenge either way so i expect ill carry on as is, im just curious as to how it works as i might have to consider my stat choices more carefully to ensure i have a full breadth arsenal for any event.
Cheers

There's no trade-off; balancing was done with ranks in mind though so at certain points they'll take a step up. The game can be beaten without using the rank system though; there was something that happened at the end if no ranks were used, but it was causing problems so it's been disabled for the time being (was just an easter egg, not content or anything).

diop

• View Profile
« Reply #9309 on: 2020-04-29 03:35:26 »
Hey, just started playing today.  I'm gonna try and record my full gameplay for YouTube over the next few months because this looks pretty sweet.  Noticed you wanted any bugs listed that a player notices, not sure if these are specifically New Threat problems or were always in FF7, but I'll try to keep a running tab of everything I see.  I can provide links to direct video if you'd like (though some clips won't show the specific problem, I can at least use it to reference for you).

After freeing Jessie's leg in Sector 8 escape and after the Scorpion fight, she just floated up the ladder exiting the room.  When I replayed it, she didn't do it, so I'm not sure what triggered that, but there was no climbing animation up the ladder.

During the Sector 5 meeting in the basement of Seventh Heaven, after Tifa descends, Wedge's "talk" area is pretty huge.  I was trying to use the pinball machine to leave but he was still saying "Ah, well look who wants a friend."

The boy in the white shirt in Sector 7 repeats his old lines after his new ones.  He'll say something about "Explosions! AVALANCHE is so cool!" and after you trigger his new dialogue, he'll follow up his "I got no one to pick on" line about Johnny with "Explosions! AVALANCHE is so cool!" Leaving again and talking to him a third time he'll say how he's a coward or something, he's got no one to pick on, and explosions!

This is awesome, though.  I really like it.  7 is not my favourite Final Fantasy game or even 2nd favourite, but what changes you've made so far have made the dialogue and story way more interesting to me.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9310 on: 2020-04-29 04:06:27 »
Hey, just started playing today.  I'm gonna try and record my full gameplay for YouTube over the next few months because this looks pretty sweet.  Noticed you wanted any bugs listed that a player notices, not sure if these are specifically New Threat problems or were always in FF7, but I'll try to keep a running tab of everything I see.  I can provide links to direct video if you'd like (though some clips won't show the specific problem, I can at least use it to reference for you).

After freeing Jessie's leg in Sector 8 escape and after the Scorpion fight, she just floated up the ladder exiting the room.  When I replayed it, she didn't do it, so I'm not sure what triggered that, but there was no climbing animation up the ladder.

During the Sector 5 meeting in the basement of Seventh Heaven, after Tifa descends, Wedge's "talk" area is pretty huge.  I was trying to use the pinball machine to leave but he was still saying "Ah, well look who wants a friend."

The boy in the white shirt in Sector 7 repeats his old lines after his new ones.  He'll say something about "Explosions! AVALANCHE is so cool!" and after you trigger his new dialogue, he'll follow up his "I got no one to pick on" line about Johnny with "Explosions! AVALANCHE is so cool!" Leaving again and talking to him a third time he'll say how he's a coward or something, he's got no one to pick on, and explosions!

This is awesome, though.  I really like it.  7 is not my favourite Final Fantasy game or even 2nd favourite, but what changes you've made so far have made the dialogue and story way more interesting to me.

For the Jessie thing, there's this thing where animations 'stop' for NPCs if a random battle starts. I think it can happen with base game.

I spotted the kid's dialogue having an error while doing 2.0, forgot to deal with it on the 1.5 flevel. Not sure about Wedge's talk radius though; I'll have a check of it to see if the radius is getting a higher than normal value.

Manadork

• View Profile
« Reply #9311 on: 2020-04-29 04:12:27 »
So I found a pretty serious sequence break (that I can recreate at will) in Disc 2. Since I couldn't find any info on it anywhere I figured I would report it here.

When first arriving in Mideel if I talk to the first NPC at the front of the town (the old man) it fades to black and cuts to the tail-end of the Cloud dream sequence. The town music continues to play while it shows Tifa and Zack getting smacked down by Seph, etc., and then plays through the rest of that sequence as normal up until the point that you are in control of Cloud again on the Highwind.

After reloading a save I went ahead and ran past the NPC to trigger the Tifa finding Cloud in the wheelchair scene, then reloaded again to see if talking to that old man was what triggered it the first time. Doing so triggered the sequence break in the exact same manner. I am going to experiment talking to other NPCs to see if it can happen in other ways.

EDIT: Looked back on the previous page to see this was addressed. I honestly thought I was going crazy when this happened haha.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-29 04:20:11 by Manadork »

duvo

• View Profile
« Reply #9312 on: 2020-04-29 08:27:15 »
Thanks for this mod Sega, I consider it on the same level as brutal doom in that it completely refreshes the game while keeping the original's spirit intact. I especially love what you've done with the combat. on that note, Would it be possible to mod the game so that you can remove cloud from the party, or switch party member during a fight, like in ffx?

Theologamer

• View Profile
« Reply #9313 on: 2020-04-29 12:16:00 »
Hi there!

Thoroughly enjoying the mod, playing for a while now.
Wanted to report a possible bug, unsure if its from the base game;

During the Flashback sequence in the Kalm Inn, Sephiroth and Cloud both "leveled up" (with a post-battle results screen) after a battle (some point after the Materia cutscene), and immediately became "Level 99" despite little if any stat change... and despite Cloud actually being dead at the time he "leveled up."

Following that fight, my next fight (against a Zu) ended with another post-battle results screen, but this time with some graphical glitches on Clouds data: black boxes obscuring numbers and what-not.

Immediately afterward, Audio still playing, but it went to a black screen with no way out.

Like I said, unsure if that's an issue with the base game, or if its tied to the unique... scripts? or whatever during that point of the game: for example, it appears enemies were either unable or unwilling to actually target Sephiroth with any attacks, so with Cloud dead, Sephiroth became the only unit to move or attack at all.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9314 on: 2020-04-29 17:12:17 »
So I found a pretty serious sequence break (that I can recreate at will) in Disc 2. Since I couldn't find any info on it anywhere I figured I would report it here.

When first arriving in Mideel if I talk to the first NPC at the front of the town (the old man) it fades to black and cuts to the tail-end of the Cloud dream sequence. The town music continues to play while it shows Tifa and Zack getting smacked down by Seph, etc., and then plays through the rest of that sequence as normal up until the point that you are in control of Cloud again on the Highwind.

After reloading a save I went ahead and ran past the NPC to trigger the Tifa finding Cloud in the wheelchair scene, then reloaded again to see if talking to that old man was what triggered it the first time. Doing so triggered the sequence break in the exact same manner. I am going to experiment talking to other NPCs to see if it can happen in other ways.

EDIT: Looked back on the previous page to see this was addressed. I honestly thought I was going crazy when this happened haha.

I'll put the patch up today, it slipped my mind.

Thanks for this mod Sega, I consider it on the same level as brutal doom in that it completely refreshes the game while keeping the original's spirit intact. I especially love what you've done with the combat. on that note, Would it be possible to mod the game so that you can remove cloud from the party, or switch party member during a fight, like in ffx?

For in-battle switching, there's a project underway called Sister Ray that recently showcased a working in-battle PHS. When that releases, I think the features for it are modular so it'll hopefully be a case of porting NT to Sister Ray.

Hi there!

Thoroughly enjoying the mod, playing for a while now.
Wanted to report a possible bug, unsure if its from the base game;

During the Flashback sequence in the Kalm Inn, Sephiroth and Cloud both "leveled up" (with a post-battle results screen) after a battle (some point after the Materia cutscene), and immediately became "Level 99" despite little if any stat change... and despite Cloud actually being dead at the time he "leveled up."

Following that fight, my next fight (against a Zu) ended with another post-battle results screen, but this time with some graphical glitches on Clouds data: black boxes obscuring numbers and what-not.

Immediately afterward, Audio still playing, but it went to a black screen with no way out.

Like I said, unsure if that's an issue with the base game, or if its tied to the unique... scripts? or whatever during that point of the game: for example, it appears enemies were either unable or unwilling to actually target Sephiroth with any attacks, so with Cloud dead, Sephiroth became the only unit to move or attack at all.

It'll be an NT thing; usually in the flashback there's not supposed to be post-battle results as Sephiroth and Young Cloud don't have EXP arcs, etc. But it sounds like the battle mode is getting set to regular to allow that results screen, causing that problem. I'll add this to the patch for the Mideel issue today.

Edit
Installer
https://mega.nz/file/vwViEK4Z#nTtA9oYrNq9rogObVMwND4aO2rZ7BNIwb3GfL7VJZCc

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/HodEGQgA#IV2IC-JKSLbyDj9JQng8F0zvjYTDvfPyBwSoJJonQe8
« Last Edit: 2020-04-29 17:26:00 by Sega Chief »

eaglemind02

• View Profile
« Reply #9315 on: 2020-04-29 17:30:43 »
Hello there !
I had a really bad crash at the start of the battle with zengan, I try many thing, unstall reinstall, changing my language french to english and nothing works.The music keeps running but blackscrean. I do my playthrough in the release 25th april on steam version. So if you have any issue I'll take it.

I want to ask too, if i can extract my savefile from the steam version and transfert it in the logiciel 7th heaven to continue play it with the new fonctionnaly you've add on it.

thank a lot for answering me and good job on all the modofication you do since i've play it (sorry for my english i'm french =P )

« Last Edit: 2020-04-29 17:52:05 by eaglemind02 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: 2020-04-29 21:51:04 »
Hello there !
I had a really bad crash at the start of the battle with zengan, I try many thing, unstall reinstall, changing my language french to english and nothing works.The music keeps running but blackscrean. I do my playthrough in the release 25th april on steam version. So if you have any issue I'll take it.

I want to ask too, if i can extract my savefile from the steam version and transfert it in the logiciel 7th heaven to continue play it with the new fonctionnaly you've add on it.

thank a lot for answering me and good job on all the modofication you do since i've play it (sorry for my english i'm french =P )

Save files should work across to 7h yeah; put them in FF7/DATA/SAVE and they'll work there.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: 2020-04-30 01:53:43 »
Is there a way to get the patch updates to auto-update on 7th Heaven?

I'm not sure. Strife98 had something set up for his mod catalog where I would drop the files into Mega.nz and this would update it, but I don't know if that was an automatic thing or if he then took those files to put into his catalog.

Thanks to ffm_strife for the donation.

diop

• View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: 2020-04-30 03:18:17 »
I'm not sure. Strife98 had something set up for his mod catalog where I would drop the files into Mega.nz and this would update it, but I don't know if that was an automatic thing or if he then took those files to put into his catalog.

Thanks to ffm_strife for the donation.
All good, I'll just have to remember to check this thread before playing each day.

Some other bugs/mishaps I noticed:
In the additional train cart the timer starts as soon as you enter.  It works fine but it starting immediately and not after the dialogue bubble is inconsistent with the other train carts.

When you jump off the train, Barret calls us a "mofe" which I assume is supposed to be "mofo"?

The attack formation with the three grashtrike and the chuse in the train tunnels makes it so you can't see the pointer selecting the chuse a lot of the time.  I assume it's because he floats too high up to the top of the screen, but it is a little confusing if I have him selected.  Also Cloud doesn't seem able to hit chuse with "attack," but Tifa can with her attack, so I'm not sure what the issue with that is.  I didn't extensively test it, but anecdotally it felt like Cloud never hit the chuse and Tifa always did.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: 2020-04-30 03:42:30 »
All good, I'll just have to remember to check this thread before playing each day.

Some other bugs/mishaps I noticed:
In the additional train cart the timer starts as soon as you enter.  It works fine but it starting immediately and not after the dialogue bubble is inconsistent with the other train carts.

When you jump off the train, Barret calls us a "mofe" which I assume is supposed to be "mofo"?

The attack formation with the three grashtrike and the chuse in the train tunnels makes it so you can't see the pointer selecting the chuse a lot of the time.  I assume it's because he floats too high up to the top of the screen, but it is a little confusing if I have him selected.  Also Cloud doesn't seem able to hit chuse with "attack," but Tifa can with her attack, so I'm not sure what the issue with that is.  I didn't extensively test it, but anecdotally it felt like Cloud never hit the chuse and Tifa always did.

I think in the train tunnels, enemy formations make use of row-cover (so enemies in front of others will prevent targeting). That might be why Cloud couldn't attack the Chuse initially.

eaglemind02

• View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: 2020-04-30 07:55:00 »
Hi !
Sorry for disturbing you again with personnal problems but i have two of them

- My materia randomly give me more bonus than it gave me at the beginning of my game, i play it in arranged mode and don't know why it change like that.

- The other one is my fight with the endgame boss correspond to tifa threat, when i started the fight, i have a blackscreen then my game crash and an error message poped.

otherwise no big problems during my playthrough good job man

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: 2020-04-30 12:21:49 »
Hi !
Sorry for disturbing you again with personnal problems but i have two of them

- My materia randomly give me more bonus than it gave me at the beginning of my game, i play it in arranged mode and don't know why it change like that.

- The other one is my fight with the endgame boss correspond to tifa threat, when i started the fight, i have a blackscreen then my game crash and an error message poped.

otherwise no big problems during my playthrough good job man

Materia changing bonus/penalties is an .exe thing, so maybe the Hext didn't get applied for some reason due to mod load order (or exe not patched if using main installer).

Found the cause of the 2nd issue this time; uploading patch now.

Edit
Installer
https://mega.nz/file/HxdGDQQS#2Wu-XKqIhBiHwwmkT-P-hFumKrXrnL8Pph4tV2F_Ifs

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/24cQmKaL#2S9ZIK3d6jGdMMNlQ7DSy5blnTJliqOjf1Ad2Pzse1U

eaglemind02

• View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: 2020-04-30 13:28:32 »
Materia changing bonus/penalties is an .exe thing, so maybe the Hext didn't get applied for some reason due to mod load order (or exe not patched if using main installer).

I re-apply right now the patch you gave, it works with the fight but i didn't understand what do you meaning about the materia, hat kind of .EXE is this modifier ?

eaglemind02

• View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: 2020-04-30 13:33:19 »
I re-apply right now the patch you gave, it works with the fight but i didn't understand what do you meaning about the materia, hat kind of .EXE is this modifier ?