Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4927310 times)

ruru

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9325 on: 2020-04-30 16:36:24 »
Hey I've been playing the mod and I've gotten to limit break sidequests part. I have an issue with Tifa's sidequest. Entering the area where Zangan's supposed to be crashes the game. The wrong music is playing as well right before the crash I believe. This is on the steam version using the April 30 2020 NT patch. Couple notes:

-I did the Ozma piano trigger. I don't know if that messes with Zangan's trigger
-Teleporting past Zangan's room with a save editor lets me reach Ozma's room without crashing. I can do Ozma's fight as well.
-Going to Zangan's room from Ozma's trigger the same issue
-Same crash happens with Cloud/Cid as leader
-Loading the save on a vanilla FF7 lets me go into the room with no crash
-Reinstalling the mod on fresh FF7 doesn't fix it
-A friend of mine told me there's suppose to be an NPC that lets me reset the sidequests but I couldn't find it. The debug NPC in Highwind only allowed me to switch between whether Aerith is alive or dead

Clip of the crash happening: https://www.twitch.tv/lilruru/clip/ObeseVictoriousPidgeonDatBoi
« Last Edit: 2020-04-30 16:38:08 by ruru »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: 2020-04-30 20:13:45 »
I re-apply right now the patch you gave, it works with the fight but i didn't understand what do you meaning about the materia, hat kind of .EXE is this modifier ?

Materia bonus/penalties are stored in the game's .exe file, so if the mod fails to patch the .exe you'll end up with the default bonus/penalties on Materia.

Hey I've been playing the mod and I've gotten to limit break sidequests part. I have an issue with Tifa's sidequest. Entering the area where Zangan's supposed to be crashes the game. The wrong music is playing as well right before the crash I believe. This is on the steam version using the April 30 2020 NT patch. Couple notes:

-I did the Ozma piano trigger. I don't know if that messes with Zangan's trigger
-Teleporting past Zangan's room with a save editor lets me reach Ozma's room without crashing. I can do Ozma's fight as well.
-Going to Zangan's room from Ozma's trigger the same issue
-Same crash happens with Cloud/Cid as leader
-Loading the save on a vanilla FF7 lets me go into the room with no crash
-Reinstalling the mod on fresh FF7 doesn't fix it
-A friend of mine told me there's suppose to be an NPC that lets me reset the sidequests but I couldn't find it. The debug NPC in Highwind only allowed me to switch between whether Aerith is alive or dead

Clip of the crash happening: https://www.twitch.tv/lilruru/clip/ObeseVictoriousPidgeonDatBoi

I'll check it out; maybe I left something in there from debugging or the field became corrupted.

Edit: Found the cause; recently I've been having an issue with the tool where it adds an extra label to the top of an init script then changes a jump to that label, causing an infinite loop. Probably to do with auto-sorting for labels. Patch will be up soon.

Edit2: Hopefully the last needed for a while:
Installer
https://mega.nz/file/SscX3KiS#6DBoRA3rqtpWlRuiB21k-dh1lZisOijKl2zLQAOqteI

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/qgdBjAIA#RsJEFnPf8-sSLaO7qaqkkiElp8MyYLAHgruc1jE3Xhw
« Last Edit: 2020-04-30 21:35:20 by Sega Chief »

ruru

• View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: 2020-04-30 22:06:34 »
Thanks for the quick reply. That fixed the issue for me. I'll report more if I find any other game breaking bugs.

ffm_strife

• View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: 2020-05-01 10:34:11 »
Quick one! Facing a chest in the gelnika next to save point that doesn’t interact at all, trying to open it to no avail, is that intended?

joyvisions

• View Profile
New Threat w/ Reunion
« Reply #9329 on: 2020-05-01 14:30:16 »
Hi All,

I am a little lost here. I am using Reunion and Remako (without 7th Heaven) running perfectly well. However, I wanted to add New Threat. I downloaded the files compatible with Reunion version 6, but have no idea how to actually add them to reunion as there is no readme. I tried putting them in the custom mods folder, which worked, BUT the reunion character models became overwritten.

Does anybody know a way to get this working? Thanks! Amazing work.

joyvisions

• View Profile
« Reply #9330 on: 2020-05-01 14:53:17 »
Nevermind! I realized it is actually VERY simple. I just copied over the .lgp and .bin files into Reunion/Custom/remako/Direct

In case anybody is wondering how to make Reunion + Remako + New Threat all work simultaneously, this is it!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9331 on: 2020-05-01 15:10:19 »
Quick one! Facing a chest in the gelnika next to save point that doesn’t interact at all, trying to open it to no avail, is that intended?

That Supershot ST must be cursed or something.

ruru

• View Profile
« Reply #9332 on: 2020-05-01 18:42:22 »
I'm trying to collect all the equipments and I couldn't find the Dragoon Lance anywhere in the game. It's not in the Junon shop like in vanilla

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9333 on: 2020-05-01 20:30:05 »
I'm trying to collect all the equipments and I couldn't find the Dragoon Lance anywhere in the game. It's not in the Junon shop like in vanilla

Dragoon Lance is found in the cave on Mt Da Chao.

ruru

• View Profile
« Reply #9334 on: 2020-05-01 20:39:32 »
Dragoon Lance is found in the cave on Mt Da Chao.
It's not there unfortunately. The normal chest contains Viper Halberd and the chest in the fire contains Magic Shuriken

Kyari

• View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: 2020-05-01 21:33:37 »
Just wanted to drop a quick note to say Yuffie's Perfect Dodge and/or Cloud's accuracy seem to be bugged in the newest versions, not sure if that's known?

Perfect Dodge doesn't seem to be causing any notable increase in evasion, but also I think it might be causing Cloud's accuracy to drop when active in some instances?

Also some enemies seem to just be auto Miss from Cloud only, notably Formula outside/around Junon and the large flying enemy in Mythril Mine. Characters with less accuracy than Cloud don't have this issue.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-01 21:54:20 by Kyari »

OatBran

• moop all day skeent all night
    • View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #9336 on: 2020-05-01 23:23:49 »
It's not there unfortunately. The normal chest contains Viper Halberd and the chest in the fire contains Magic Shuriken

You definitely are correct it is not in Da Chao anymore, I went to check to see if I got it this playthrough and I guess I missed it as well. Its not listed in "where is the thing.txt" - BUT it is listed in the Enemy-Items spreadsheet. The only enemy that is listed to have it as a steal is "Dragon Rider" which is in the Whirlwind Maze. So if that is still true, then it is a missable piece of equipment, if the enemy even still has it cause that enemy items spreadsheet does have errors in it but has been decently reliable for me so take that info with a grain of salt. Maybe you can even go back there in new threat I havent even checked that either, something to try I guess

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: 2020-05-01 23:46:50 »
Just wanted to drop a quick note to say Yuffie's Perfect Dodge and/or Cloud's accuracy seem to be bugged in the newest versions, not sure if that's known?

Perfect Dodge doesn't seem to be causing any notable increase in evasion, but also I think it might be causing Cloud's accuracy to drop when active in some instances?

Also some enemies seem to just be auto Miss from Cloud only, notably Formula outside/around Junon and the large flying enemy in Mythril Mine. Characters with less accuracy than Cloud don't have this issue.

Maybe he had earth+elemental in his weapon? If he's missing flying enemies that might be it.

You definitely are correct it is not in Da Chao anymore, I went to check to see if I got it this playthrough and I guess I missed it as well. Its not listed in "where is the thing.txt" - BUT it is listed in the Enemy-Items spreadsheet. The only enemy that is listed to have it as a steal is "Dragon Rider" which is in the Whirlwind Maze. So if that is still true, then it is a missable piece of equipment, if the enemy even still has it cause that enemy items spreadsheet does have errors in it but has been decently reliable for me so take that info with a grain of salt. Maybe you can even go back there in new threat I havent even checked that either, something to try I guess

I can't find a reference to it in the flevel, so I'll add it as a drop in a new chest in Da Chao or somewhere.

diop

• View Profile
« Reply #9338 on: 2020-05-02 03:23:40 »
When I loaded up today, didn't let me open my menu until walking back in to the save point.  Tried a few times and it definitely didn't work.  Was at the Sector 4 Plate save where you run in to Biggs save spot.  Haven't tested at other regions.

After the Sector 5 bomb is placed, there's the forced encounter, the first battle after that won't trigger battle music, though victory fanfare will still play when you defeat the enemies.

Also the treasure box at the syncronised hit switching room says "Antidote without a closed quotation mark afterward.

jonthecpa

• View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: 2020-05-02 05:50:27 »
First of all, kudos to the folks making this mod. It breathes new life into a classic game.

After the Remake, I decided to play the original after at least ten years (maybe 15), looking for that nostalgia. I downloaded the Steam game, found this modding community, and quickly installed 7H and tons of mods. I've just made it to the Chocobo Ranch, and I'm really wishing I had not turned on NT for this first run. It's such a major change from the original, and I feel completely lost. If I turn it off now, how is that going to affect the rest of the game for me? It seems I'd be way over-leveled with some strange weapons/materia in my possession for a while. Will I encounter any bugs? Is it better to start over?

tl;dr I want to turn the mod off for now (at the Chocobo Ranch). How will that impact the rest of my game?

Zash

• View Profile
« Reply #9340 on: 2020-05-02 08:44:38 »
Hello.

Need some technical help.  Been loving New Threat, but I have been getting "Unknown Exception has occurred" when trying to load the Zangan fight for Tifa.  Any advice on how to resolve this?  I am using the steam version and I have Tifa as leader.  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-02 08:49:53 by Zash »

OatBran

• moop all day skeent all night
    • View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #9341 on: 2020-05-02 10:57:24 »
First of all, kudos to the folks making this mod. It breathes new life into a classic game.

After the Remake, I decided to play the original after at least ten years (maybe 15), looking for that nostalgia. I downloaded the Steam game, found this modding community, and quickly installed 7H and tons of mods. I've just made it to the Chocobo Ranch, and I'm really wishing I had not turned on NT for this first run. It's such a major change from the original, and I feel completely lost. If I turn it off now, how is that going to affect the rest of the game for me? It seems I'd be way over-leveled with some strange weapons/materia in my possession for a while. Will I encounter any bugs? Is it better to start over?

tl;dr I want to turn the mod off for now (at the Chocobo Ranch). How will that impact the rest of my game?

If you disable new threat it wont really affect your game in a negative way, the experience curve for levels is actually more harsh in new threat and when you load your save and earn exp you might actually get set to be further ahead than you were to begin with, as you guessed. any item or materia changes are superficial and not unique to the mod. I think it does use quite a few item id's that are not used in vanilla but they should just appear as blank slots in the inventory, you can remove them with black chocobo save editor if you want. Your love points for the gold saucer date will also be super messed up most likely. all of these things you can can fix with black chocobo if you want very quickly.

Hello.

Need some technical help.  Been loving New Threat, but I have been getting "Unknown Exception has occurred" when trying to load the Zangan fight for Tifa.  Any advice on how to resolve this?  I am using the steam version and I have Tifa as leader.  Thanks in advance.

That bug was reported and fixed? a few days ago I think, are you sure you are playing on the most recent version? Look in the last page or two of this thread and there should be a mega link where you can get it from, if he hasnt updated the OP which he usually does...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9342 on: 2020-05-02 12:36:57 »
When I loaded up today, didn't let me open my menu until walking back in to the save point.  Tried a few times and it definitely didn't work.  Was at the Sector 4 Plate save where you run in to Biggs save spot.  Haven't tested at other regions.

After the Sector 5 bomb is placed, there's the forced encounter, the first battle after that won't trigger battle music, though victory fanfare will still play when you defeat the enemies.

Also the treasure box at the syncronised hit switching room says "Antidote without a closed quotation mark afterward.

Sometimes save points don't toggle their thing properly on save load; it happens in a few places. Only real solution is running back and forth into it (think this happened in vanilla). I find the one on Mt Corel tends to do this.

I'll sort the Reactor 5 things, I keep forgetting about that music thing.

Kyari

• View Profile
« Reply #9343 on: 2020-05-02 13:26:59 »
Maybe he had earth+elemental in his weapon? If he's missing flying enemies that might be it.

Oh my god I feel so stupid, this was entirely the case.

SpammingIsCool

• View Profile
« Reply #9344 on: 2020-05-02 18:34:18 »
Any ETA on New Threat mod v2.0?

The remake was a disappointment, I could have have just watched a let's play...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9345 on: 2020-05-02 19:10:52 »
Any ETA on New Threat mod v2.0?

The remake was a disappointment, I could have have just watched a let's play...

Probably within the month.

ffm_strife

• View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: 2020-05-02 19:24:24 »
Holy macaroni what’s up with this Curator machine?! Just came here after dropping to Midgar with parachute and I feel it’s unbeatable O.o

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: 2020-05-02 20:15:34 »
Probably within the month.

How drastic will the changes be? I just started a NT game and am now wondering if I should wait?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: 2020-05-02 20:22:42 »
Holy macaroni what’s up with this Curator machine?! Just came here after dropping to Midgar with parachute and I feel it’s unbeatable O.o

If it's too much, you can come back on Disc 3 through a sidequest; it's still difficult to beat on Disc 2.

How drastic will the changes be? I just started a NT game and am now wondering if I should wait?

2.0 will be fairly different with some stuff added, but also some stuff cut; 1.5 is going to be kept as a legacy version because some of the stuff in it is getting axed; I would carry on with your run of 1.5 in case 2.0 doesn't get finished for a while (I missed the previous target of March).

ffm_strife

• View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: 2020-05-02 20:52:31 »
Cool will return stronger!

Quick one, got the NPC explaining me the new threat quests at the highwind but some require leader change which... can’t do, tried the guy at the Operations room but nothing special, does this require reaching end of crater?