Read this first! > FAQs and Tutorials

[Guide] Make DS 4 and DS 3 work on FFVII PC (without any third party software)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jahiliyyah:
Interesting. Using my DS3 and SCP Driver I never noticed the issue you're describing with the D-pad myself.

chaoticyeshua:
It's not just the d-pad, though, it doesn't pick up -any- input at all even though I've set the buttons in Settings -> Joystick.

eXistenZe:
Also using SCP Driver and server with DS3 with no issues at all in all games. No need for complicated setups.

chaoticyeshua:
The problem is that just using SCP with my DS3 in Final Fantasy 7 (Steam version) the d-pad doesn't work. All directional input has to be done through the left analog stick.

If you have this working while only using SCP, then please tell me what you've done to make it work, because I can't seem to.

zzzplayer:

--- Quote from: chaoticyeshua on 2016-02-25 18:10:51 ---The problem is that just using SCP with my DS3 in Final Fantasy 7 (Steam version) the d-pad doesn't work. All directional input has to be done through the left analog stick.

If you have this working while only using SCP, then please tell me what you've done to make it work, because I can't seem to.

--- End quote ---

chaoticyeshua, if you have solved your problem over at PCSX2 forum, you should update your post.

The reason it didn't work for you is because you didn't correctly follow the instructions that I posted above.

The cause of the problem is revealed in your own post over at this PCSX2 forum thread.

You have used the wrong config for the D-PAD

--- Quote ---.
PU=UP
PD=DOWN
PL=LEFT
PR=RIGHT

--- End quote ---

While my original post used the following config for the D-Pad:

--- Quote ---.
AY_UL=UP
AY_DR=DOWN
AX_UL=LEFT
AX_DR=RIGHT

--- End quote ---

Clearly, the wrong config for the D-PAD is what caused the issue you described.

In my original post, I said when you test using the "Monitor vJoy" tool:
"the axis bars (if you use the AX_ and AY_ parameters above) should go up or down when you press the D-PAD buttons." This step is important because it tells user the D-Pad signal is being converted to axis signals, which the game responds to.

The author of "Dinput-Wrapper-for-SCP-Driver" (Ge-Force) who helped you solved the issue used the exact same config as I have posted above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version