Final Fantasy 9 > Support

[FF9 PC] Re-mastered music

<< < (5/5)

squarealex:
So ? No possibility to change ?
Could be possible is a CAB file when we extract audio file with UnityEX cause crash ?

Mastrius:
I hope this isn't a dead thread/project.  I really want to play the new Steam version of this, but the current quality of the music on the steam version is a real bummer.

midgarsfinest:

--- Quote from: Captain Epic on 2016-04-17 06:56:33 ---The numbers are the samples. So, for the loopstart the loop begins at sample <number> and the sample number for loopend determines when the loop finishes and then goes back to the loopstart sample location. To get the ogg to loop seamlessly you need the sample numbers to be perfectly on the beat. I've been putting in my own remasters of the soundtrack - I use Cubase Pro to produce my music and I can also use it to get hold of the exact sample number I need. So, if the loop begins at bar 4, I can go to bar 4 and copy the sample number for that exact location and then I go into a program called "audacity" (it's a free program), import my audio file, put in the metadata, then export it as ogg. There are probably other programs out there which can help you find exact bar locations and sample numbers, but since I use cubase I've never had to look around for any.

Hope that helps.

--- End quote ---

I can confirm that Audacity is a great tool for creating .ogg files, and the above-mentioned tutorial is exactly how I produced my own music for FFVII (Cubase 5).

TheMathKing:
Hi all. I actually need help with my FF6 Music overhaul. I took all the music .akb files, found orchestral music, converted those to .obb, looped them by samples (LoopStart=  and LoopEnd=) in audacity, created an .obb that has the same type of content in the file (looked at an .akb file and noticed it only had LoopStart= and LoopEnd= , no authors or comments, etc), took the akb header info for all the files and put them in the new.obb files, renamed file.obb to file.akb, and put them in the game.

The result is that everything works, but the looping doesn't! It loops flawlessly in audacity, but the game doesn't seem to care where I put my LoopEnd=. Could I get some advice from the sages here? Please feel free to email me too. I can also give you all my work if you like and you could alter\continue the effort.

nex86:
I'm trying to make my own music mod for the Steam version of FFIX using Hade's Workshop to import assets.
My only struggle is the AKB header, is there a way to reconstruct or generate them and automatically add them to the BGM file you want to add?
right now I only see a way to do this manually with an hex editor, but that's gonna be a bit of a tedious work to do this with 100+ files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version