Author Topic: VIII "Remastered" - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - v34+ (2020)  (Read 18923 times)

Klitlika

• View Profile
Hello it's Me!...
« Reply #25 on: 2022-06-28 07:11:18 »
Heya, new Login since i gave up trying to regain access to my old one for now... it is I, the Creator... QNSK/Klitlika...

Been itching to fix the remaining bugs like the broken Rinoa Limit Break's/Angelo (Hard Crash) ...
(f*cked the kernel.bin at some point, hard to revert now)
Scripted Malboro Fight problem... (gotta replace its .dat file and go from there)
2-3 Disc 4 bosses with issues... (eg: gotta move Catoblepas back to disc 4 from disc 3 and hope that fixes the issue created by that idea)
so i will try to get things setup again, been ages since i played and then will try to start fixing up v51+ again...
also curious if any of the testers were still around...

Klitlika

• View Profile
Here is a link to V55 - NEW Update - (Link only valid for <30 days...)
https://easyupload.io/x8p9aw
the one BIG FIX compared to v52-v54 is basically Rinoa / Angelo finally DOES NOT HARD CRASH THE GAME! yay!
this turned out to be easier to fix then expected, it seems when I put too many hours into this, my attention to detail dropped and mistakes were made.
Enjoy finally grabbing this while you can! hopefully i will continue, motivated by my most hated bug being fixed finally...

forkst

• View Profile
Great Job on getting this new release out so quickly, how much more longer until the rest of the stuff is fixed on this mod and keep up the great work on it

Klitlika

• View Profile
progress :)
« Reply #28 on: 2022-07-02 10:24:13 »
Great Job on getting this new release out so quickly, how much more longer until the rest of the stuff is fixed on this mod and keep up the great work on it
THANKS :) well, I've lost my saves but that matters little for battle (scene) tests... so mostly I'll try to get the list of 800+ battles again, last time i had to save it using time machine on the old qhimm, and it seems I've lost all of my notes etc... so likely will try to limit myself to trying out some of the specifics like Malboro testing asap, perhaps redoing the .dat file for that one...  I hoped to continue doing Enemy AI Script mods mostly... that was the main remaining time-sink, the Rinoa/Angelo bug was triggering some ADHD rage for a while there, so knowing it's finally gone and i somehow previously was just not noticing the "number of hits" being accidentally set to Zero for 1 of Angelo's moves... which this time I spotted easily... I'm 34 and only officially got the ADHD diag last year... so still enjoying feeling more capable of anything, realising my past mistakes etc... motivated by your reply, I'll start it up now and see how i go... also having the ability to watch YouTube / twitch etc footage of players testing out the mod was very informative / motivating in the past... perhaps you stream?

« Last Edit: 2022-07-02 10:28:38 by Klitlika »

Klitlika

• View Profile
TIP FOR THOSE TRYING THIS OUT...
Once the GF get to LVL 10, they can start learning more abilities...
eg: Shiva LVL 10 unlocks Boost (only 4 AP) -> which unlocks Mug (60 AP) ... etc
some are fairly linear now from that point onwards so the auto-learn should work well but be sure to notice and set it to learn boost etc at lvl 10 when they hit it...
makes sense to perhaps also think moreso about not overloading a character with too many GFs...
"AP is never split. All GFs junctioned to active party members get a full share.
XP is split amongst all GFs junctioned to a given character"

Shiva lvl 1 as an example already has...
HP-J (which is currently All-J basically, opening it all up for whoever has her)
"Cast Magic"
"Summon GF"
"Draw Magic"
"Use Item"
"Doom"
"Defend+" (Defend got a big upgrade in this mod, try it out)
"Darkside!" 3x DMG Attack (Physical), some HP lost!
"Absorb" (also Buffed)
"Counter" (yep, basically already having Counter on 1 character should keep the DMg happening even if they are the only one left trying to stay alive, a little help towards the tough journey ahead...)

Quezacotl lvl 1 is similar (ALL-J + DEFEND +)
but also gives you REVIVE Call Shop/Junk Shop/Familiar & ABILITY x4:)
I've tried to make them all worth leveling up, keen for feedback on those once they are seen :)
« Last Edit: 2022-07-02 16:29:52 by Klitlika »

forkst

• View Profile
How is the fixing coming along so far on this mod, because i would like to try out the new version soon with all of the fixes on it, and keep up the great work on your mod

Klitlika

• View Profile
How is the fixing coming along so far on this mod, because i would like to try out the new version soon with all of the fixes on it, and keep up the great work on your mod
well the Malboro issue turned out to be Visual only in my testing... so if you're not fussed about that, gameplay bugs were gone AFAIK, nothing to crash the game hopefully...
(zell's specials used to sometimes have issue in the past, afaik those were sorted out a while back, but any Zell nutters can let me know if anything was missed...)

Update: moments later one more thing came to mind...
well there is one optional boss to avoid in disc 4... Catoblepas...
afaik it might work with a vanilla save, but on my mod you get you fight him during disc 3 (as Laguna?)
so trying to fight him a second (disc 4 - optional) seemed to crash the game last time i tried... so technically you can't 100% unlock all yours skills/abilities i suppose... until that one is looked at... i'm hesitant to revert what i had done, compared to trying to go further and bypass/fix the new issue i created...
« Last Edit: 2022-07-13 08:45:01 by Klitlika »

forkst

• View Profile
how the fixing coming so far on this mod

did fix up any of the bugs yet on this mod

because i would like to try out the newer versions of this ff8 mod again 1 day