Basically Mandatory > FFNx Custom FF7/FF8 Driver

[FF7PC-98/Steam] FFNx - Next generation modding platform for FF7/FF8

<< < (25/27) > >>

Snake2208:
Thank you, I'll join both :)

edit: Done, entered Quimm via strife98 post and Tsunamods, the invite from the main website -> support -> Discord is dead, used DuckDuckGo and found it :) Keep on rocking!

ArhumMK:
Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask this but, will FFNx add support for 60fps (battle) menus? Since complete 60fps is already a feature. I was looking forward to be able to play FF7 like PSX where the battles and overworld function in their respective framerates but menus in and out of battle are always 60fps.

I know that Reunion allows for this to be possible but I wanted to play the game without any conversions/heavy modifications and be able to earn achievements through Steam like FFNx allows.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication, keep it coming!

Bonkers:
Just a shot in the dark, would it be possible with this engine for example to replace the standard exploration scenes that are Pre-rendered 2D backdrops (With a 3D walk mesh) with an entirely real time rendered scene? With the direction FFVIIR is taking, the lack of a modern looking version of the original game has bothered me.

Think of what Diablo 2's recent re-release did by replacing the pre rendered graphics with real time ones.  We'd perhaps simply use the walkmesh as the basis for rebuilding the scene in 3D and match the original camera coordinates to keep the final look 1:1.
I don't know if this would end up speeding up or making it easier to try and match the original pre-rendered look in real time rather than having to try and recreate all of the images and then have to render them offline and cut them up to match the original engine.

Question:
I checked the documentation but im confused, what does this do exactly, and does it work for the FF8 remaster?

Landarma:

--- Quote from: Bonkers on 2022-04-05 00:41:03 ---Just a shot in the dark, would it be possible with this engine for example to replace the standard exploration scenes that are Pre-rendered 2D backdrops (With a 3D walk mesh) with an entirely real time rendered scene? With the direction FFVIIR is taking, the lack of a modern looking version of the original game has bothered me.

Think of what Diablo 2's recent re-release did by replacing the pre rendered graphics with real time ones.  We'd perhaps simply use the walkmesh as the basis for rebuilding the scene in 3D and match the original camera coordinates to keep the final look 1:1.
I don't know if this would end up speeding up or making it easier to try and match the original pre-rendered look in real time rather than having to try and recreate all of the images and then have to render them offline and cut them up to match the original engine.

--- End quote ---
Months late reply: This would require making entire new game engine as well as assets.  It may take many years, and if SE notice the project, they can send C&D to devs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version