Off-topic forums > Completely Unrelated

Advent Children

(1/2) > >>

EmperorSteele:
Well, english version is out.  How'd everyone like it?

For me, the english ranged from pretty good (Denzel, Reno, and Vincent) to really odd (Cid, Cait) to gawd awful (Aeris and CLOUD, dammit, the main character, why oh WHY?!).

I kinda like the english script overall better, too; it makes more sense now than some rushed fansub.

ye-roon:
rushed fansub? aone's version wasnt rushed :p

i just have to wait till the EU version gets out and get it on dvd :)

James Pond:
That IS the uk version.

At it pwns.

odo324:
Personally, I stayed away from any sub'd version for the simple fact of clarity. So, the eng. version was actually my first viewing.

...and I'm very pleased with the result. I agree there were some odd voices but those actors only had bit-parts. Initially, I found the Reno, Tifa, and Aerith voice actors to be quite exceptional. Both Cloud and Denzel seemed a bit odd/unnatural a couple of times.

Though, they got lazy and left the FF7 Reminiscence piece in Jap. I had to turn on subtitles, and turn them off again for the movie. That was annoying.

Eh :erm:

Lieron:

--- Quote from: odo324 ---Personally, I stayed away from any sub'd version for the simple fact of clarity. So, the eng. version was actually my first viewing.
--- End quote ---

Actually, things that are dubbes by large companies seem to never have the right translation to the original language. Subs stray a bit more than dubs do, in my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version