Author Topic: Missing Music Tracks  (Read 2355 times)

klevelend4

• View Profile
Missing Music Tracks
« on: 2014-03-16 16:06:15 »
I ran bootleg and everything seemed to install flawlessly. My problem is that during some cutscenes there is no music playing. For example, when I reached Kalm and went to hear Cloud's back story about the reactor in Nibelheim, the first fight alongside Sephiroth has no music, and the cutscene with the reactor has no music playing. There is also no music while staying at the inn in Kalm. It just cuts from confirming 'yes' to stay to right back to me standing at the desk. The inn song on the black screen never plays. I've tried screwing around with the ff7music installer and cannot seem to get it to play. If I turn off the plugin in the launcher then it plays the MIDI tracks fine and the inn music works. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Music Tracks
« Reply #1 on: 2014-03-16 17:29:58 »
I haven't used Bootleg, and I can't help with the cutscene music, but I do know why the inn music doesn't work: It has never worked and will never work with FF7Music.

The problem is that the inn blacks the screen based on the length of the song playing, but when FF7Music is playing the music instead of the game itself, the game has no clue how long that song is, and immediately unblanks the screen and gets going again. The new version of Aali's driver doesn't have this problem, since it plays replacement songs itself instead of relying on an external program, but it doesn't work with Bootleg (at least, not currently).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-03-16 18:26:15 »
That fight doesn't have the fight music in the original game, unless you mean there is no music at all?  But I can't remember if it did have music there.

klevelend4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-03-16 19:07:10 »
Thanks for the answers fellas. There is no music playing at all during the fight. I do know that fight doesn't have the normal fight music, but I do believe something plays during that fight. I watched a handful of vids on YouTube and they showed music playing.

All I really want is to have the old psx music play. If I uninstall ff7music could I just use Anxious Heart and should that fix any issues I have?

If that is also not viable, since I used bootleg, could I just upgrade Aali's driver and get things sorted out that way or will I have to completely remove bootleg and just manually adjust things?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-03-19 19:57:02 »
For Bootleg & Ff7Music  I've made ​​a small patch.
Maybe this will help  ...