Author Topic: Aavock UI 1:1Remastered  (Read 47652 times)

AuthenticM

• View Profile
Re: Aavock UI 1:1Remastered
« Reply #75 on: 2021-04-06 19:06:22 »
You mean by adding a red spot on the map? There's no dot for Gongaga in the original game; not sure how the devs decided which places meant to be marked or not. Main story related places doesn't fit for a hypothetical answer because of Wutai.

This may be a good idea but how to choose which places must be shown? I think that Ancient Forest must be kept somehow "secret" and Goblin Island is unnecessary for instance.

Comparing the blue dots (main places) there's only Gongaga, Forgotten Capital, Northern Cave Crater (I think the map is self explanatory for this one) and Key to Ancients missing; Should I add them? I need some votes.

I think you should definitely add a dot for Gongaga. It was always weird that the OG game didn't have one; the lack of a dot for the town didn't feel consistent with the rest of the map.

Also, I would love to have an option to use a better-looking map for the bigger size option in the game. The existing one lacks detail and is rather crude.

Like, I would love to have this one in the game:

But made brighter and more colorful to look like this one:

Or I guess you could simply use this second one. The first one is much higher in resolution, though the second one shows a bit more map on the edges, for some reason.

(taken from DeviantArt)
« Last Edit: 2021-04-06 19:11:06 by AuthenticM »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #76 on: 2021-04-10 21:49:27 »
This is official from the 4th disc just for your reference.

- https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/e/ee/FFVII_World_Map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150107004522

Also one more official map top-down perspective: bottom of this page
- https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Gaia_(Final_Fantasy_VII)?file=WM-ffvii-tex.png
« Last Edit: 2021-04-10 22:31:48 by Kuraudo. »

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2021-04-10 22:14:56 »
I think you should definitely add a dot for Gongaga. It was always weird that the OG game didn't have one; the lack of a dot for the town didn't feel consistent with the rest of the map.
I see some debate over Gongaga so I may add an alternative download link for it.

Also, I would love to have an option to use a better-looking map for the bigger size option in the game. The existing one lacks detail and is rather crude.
The goal here is to remain as faithful as possible to the original game.

This is official from the 4th disc just for your reference.
It is indeed 100% official but following that logic adding a dot for round island for instance makes no sense. I'll stick to the idea of providing an extra download link that includes Gongaga's location.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #78 on: 2021-04-10 22:24:41 »
Oh yes. I agree only on Gongaga as alternative link. Thanks Aavock!

What I meant with the last post (last link) it was to provide a better "HD" map but official.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2021-04-10 23:20:39 »
What I meant with the last post (last link) it was to provide a better "HD" map but official.
Unfortunately the resolution is not the best and the displayed quality have been dropped to fit some PSX format or something.

Alternative map including Gongaga:

midlmap_00
midlmap2_00
radar_00
map_00

Preview:

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2021-04-11 14:15:35 »
The goal here is to remain as faithful as possible to the original game.
Of course. That was probably more a request for the ESUI people anyway. I think I'll ask them.

Thanks for the Gongaga option!

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2021-04-11 15:02:34 »
Thanks for providing an alternate map with Gongaga.

I agree with those that believe that in this particular case having the red dot added was a good call.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #82 on: 2021-04-15 21:17:31 »
Unfortunately the resolution is not the best and the displayed quality have been dropped to fit some PSX format or something.
Are you talking about this one?

Thanks a lot for the alternate map. Awaiting your updates!

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2021-04-16 15:51:11 »
Are you talking about this one?
I was referring at this map but I think the current one is fine.

All narrow font has been revisited in depth, some characters were optimized and all shadows redrawned.
Next step is dialogue font and then I'll go back to the Chocobo Race textures.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2021-04-16 16:17:43 »
Simply stunning work, as usual.

I think there are some wonderfully talented modders here and elsewhere that together could have made the REAL FF VII remake.

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2021-04-19 22:44:57 »
Hey Aavock,

Is this the same mod that's in Satsuki's version 5? If it is, do you think you could take a look at new threat. I think there's some visual incompatibilities with your mod and his. Mainly the button prompts. It's all a garbled mess. If it's not your mod in Satsuki's release, then don't worry about it dude. It's all good. Keep up the great work!

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2021-04-20 03:35:53 »
Hey TheDrifter363,

It is indeed the font used in Satsuki's pack. Can you provide a few screenshots as I'm not sure about the visual incompatibilities you're experiencing?

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2021-04-20 12:49:59 »
Hey TheDrifter363,

It is indeed the font used in Satsuki's pack. Can you provide a few screenshots as I'm not sure about the visual incompatibilities you're experiencing?

Sure. This is all I got for now, but I've seen a few other issues. Like when describing button prompts, like switch or page down, or stuff like that. Usually, it'll have a color coded button next to those words, I'm guessing corresponding to the ps1 buttons, but those buttons are a garbled mess.

« Last Edit: 2021-04-20 19:40:12 by TheDrifter363 »

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2021-04-20 17:19:08 »
I see, drawing all PSX buttons is planned. Can you post a screenshot of the in-game default configuration buttons as a reference?

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2021-04-20 19:38:56 »
I see, drawing all PSX buttons is planned. Can you post a screenshot of the in-game default configuration buttons as a reference?

You got it.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2021-04-20 20:36:07 »
My bad, I thought that the PSX buttons would display there as well.

Instead, can you post the dialogue box from the Highwind tutorial guy?

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #91 on: 2021-04-21 01:10:14 »

it will say the same thing until he uses the ESUI controller buttons mod, at which point it will look like the buttons screenshot i showed you

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2021-04-21 03:13:06 »
So it is using the exact same method, copy that.

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2021-04-22 13:32:23 »

Here you go. This was exactly the issue I was talking about. See how the buttons are color coded, but they're wonky? That's it.

Wait so what exactly is the problem? Aavock, did you figure it out?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #94 on: 2021-04-22 14:54:28 »
The problem is that nt mod seems to use unused font char to convert them in psx buttons.
In Aavock font the char are used as in the original pc font witch didn't provide psx buttons.

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2021-04-22 17:01:12 »
The problem is that nt mod seems to use unused font char to convert them in psx buttons.
In Aavock font the char are used as in the original pc font witch didn't provide psx buttons.

Cool thanks Satsuki. Is that something that can be fixed, or should I find a different font mod? Btw, Satsuki, what would I have to uncheck to use a different font mod?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #96 on: 2021-04-22 17:45:33 »
Cool thanks Satsuki. Is that something that can be fixed, or should I find a different font mod? Btw, Satsuki, what would I have to uncheck to use a different font mod?
As said in the first post of my mods : "Please Use Steam AIO installer unless you want to add other mods; if you want to add more mods then use 7th Heaven 2.3 + iros (no support from me here for 7th Heaven)."
So just go to 7h if you want to change mods, it's more conveniant for this

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2021-04-22 22:03:57 »
As said in the first post of my mods : "Please Use Steam AIO installer unless you want to add other mods; if you want to add more mods then use 7th Heaven 2.3 + iros (no support from me here for 7th Heaven)."
So just go to 7h if you want to change mods, it's more conveniant for this

Lol I already mentioned before I won't be doing that. Can't use 7th heaven. Not a big fan. It's all good man. If I gotta figure it out on my own, I can. Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask for help.

Edit: Actually when I was using 7th heaven, back a month and some change ago, I had the same issue. Never reported it. First I thought it was an issue with the way I was using these mods without 7th heaven, but no, same issue. So there's that. This issue is also present with 7th heaven, and new threat and satsuki loaded at the same time, regardless of load order.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-22 22:28:15 by TheDrifter363 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2021-04-22 22:32:30 »
Here you go. This was exactly the issue I was talking about. See how the buttons are color coded, but they're wonky? That's it.

Wait so what exactly is the problem? Aavock, did you figure it out?

The NT Mod should come with a texture file that alters some texture sheets so that button icons are displayed instead of the native PC icons in the screenshot. I guess they seem to have been lost somehow in that particular install (quick test of NT on Reunion and they seem to coming through). In the New_Threat_2.0/Direct/Menu folder there should be a bunch of .tex files (should probably also move discussion of this over to the NT thread).
« Last Edit: 2021-04-22 22:42:37 by Sega Chief »

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2021-04-22 22:44:52 »
The NT Mod should come with a texture file that alters some texture sheets so that button icons are displayed instead of the native PC icons in the screenshot. I guess they seem to have been lost somehow in that particular install or are perhaps missing from the current build (will need to check). In the New_Threat_2.0/Direct/Menu folder there should be a bunch of .tex files (should probably also move discussion of this over to the NT thread).

Sega Chief, I've actually gone back to the standalone New Threat along with the standalone Satsuki's install, along with the canary build of FFNx. I did not have this issue with The Reunion, but that had Satsuki's version 4 which didn't have the UI and Avatar mods. Also gonna post this image, thought it was just a difficulty challenge with New Threat, but looking at it now, it might be a glitch.

Actually for your standalone, is it just in ./data/menu? You know looking at my data directory, I'm not seeing .tex files. Does your standalone include them?

Also, in my .toml, I have the direct path set to "SYWV5/direct". If that makes a difference. Sega Chief, only files for your mod went to the data folder, which I backed up beforehand, and the exe patch that you did. I patched out the cd check from that.

Edit: On another note, isn't Tifa amazing guys? Lol! Kicks so much ass!