Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 501817 times)

sladevi

Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #375 on: 2009-08-12 18:02:48 »
cloud has more animations then anyone else in the feild because of the fact he is in almost every scene of the game so
cloud has more then one standing animation is what im getting at

Yeah that makes sense, I just figured he'd still only have one standing animation -- I can't imagine the other standing animations would be any different...  I wish all the animations for a given character were clumped together, but they don't seem to be since after those 3 animations the next alphabetical ones had the wrong bone count.

After playing a bit more with the modified animation in last night, the modified version did actually show up in a few different places.

« Reply #376 on: 2009-08-12 18:03:07 »
Well here is what i did.
I extracted the entire character lgp, and put it into a folder.
Selected the characters HRC files, and then saved the model into a separate folder, from the start many of them were missing their textures.
-.-

http://www.mediafire.com/?kymc1oy1brj

You asked for one.
I give you three.
 :wink:

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2009-08-14 07:02:51 »
how fairs the update

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2009-08-15 17:02:42 »
Hello Izban. If you're waiting for the real new version (with new features and so), it will take a while (provably a month). I'm working on an emergency bugfix, though. It turned out Kimera is seriously buged. I thought solving the unsued vertices problem would be the end of the corrupted models, but I found out manipulating the geometry of the models (specially the multi-group ones) could not only corrupt models but also make Kimera crash. All those bugs have plagued this tool at least since version 0.8. I'm currently working on solving all these bugs. Sorry for the inconveniences.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2009-08-15 19:16:38 »
I see no inconvenience in you getting Kimera to be a perfect, bug free, program.

Hopefully all those bugs aren't too difficult to fix

Blood_Crow (Mendelevium)

• Blood is the drink of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2009-08-16 20:21:17 »
I am not quite sure, but i believe i am having the same issue as makubex.
With the broken P. files. the thing is this is Murak Modder's Mod. And all i did was apply a texture, and replace the heads.
And it was saved in kimera 081 and worked fine.

But when i saved it in kimera 084b or 09 the game crashes just before these models jump from the train.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywmzy2twmkh

here are the models. Could you take a look at them borde. Cause i think i may have this same problem with many of the models I tweaked.
So i want to know if there is a way to fix it.

Thanks,
Blood Crow.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2009-08-17 06:35:24 »
The 'add texture' button automatically sets color 0 to transparent

Blood_Crow (Mendelevium)

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2009-08-17 06:37:01 »
wait what?
 :|... i am new to this i guess.
How do i fix that. I never have messed with textures before.

Thanks.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2009-08-17 06:43:02 »
For now you'll have to use Borde's Image2Tex program if you want color 0 to be black instead of transparent.  Then you'll have to rename the .tex it exports to the correct texture ID for the model you want to use it.

Blood_Crow (Mendelevium)

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2009-08-17 06:55:34 »
Ah okay. Thanks. I will mess with it later.
*dreads the work ahead of him*

That is a lot of textures.
O.O

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2009-08-17 20:38:54 »
Ok, finally uploaded the bugfix. It took forever... hope I don't need to make any more bugfixes for this version.
Blood_Crow, save your models again with the new version. It should solve the problem. You can directly set the texture transparency flag form Kimera.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2009-08-17 21:05:18 »
Well I never had a problem with .9a.

BUT....  :|

With .9b I am currently working on converting APZ's Cloud to the field and am working on attaching the sword to his back.  When I make adjustments in Kimera I'll double click to open the P editor, but when I 'apply changes' it moves back to its original position.

Also, say I move the sword on 'y position' 36+, if I open the .P editor it only displays a 1.  If I then change the 1 value to be 36+, the sword is moved considerably farther than Kimera did.

I hope I explained this well..

It seems to have fixed itself somehow...

EDIT
A suggestion if I might, would it be possible to add some type of ground level?  That way you can see where the model will be placed once in the field.  I've noticed that stretching models bones causes the game to think the model is a few feet in front of itself.  Meaning, if I run to the top of the field screen, I can only get withing 5 feet of the top, whereas a normal field model can get within 1 foot, and it's just the opposite at the bottom of the screen, I can run off the background.
Better yet, if there was some type of way to fix that it would be even better :P
« Last Edit: 2009-08-18 14:48:18 by obesebear »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2009-08-18 15:18:29 »
Yes, I'll add an option to show the ground on the next version.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #388 on: 2009-08-18 17:51:40 »
I'm not sure i've said this before, or if anyone else has noticed it, but in the .P editor, there's a button that says "Enble Lighting". it should say "Enable Lighting". no that it really bugs me, just wanted to inform you of a typo :P

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2009-08-18 20:11:19 »
Kimera 0.9b not working for textures? The texture option buttons don't work anymore and I'm using Millenia's custom weapons and I can no longer see the textures for the weapons when I load the model.
I could see them with 9 so whats gone wrong with 9b?

Cyber Light

« Reply #390 on: 2009-08-21 18:35:47 »
Kimera 0.9b error try open magic .d file. Save model error  :-(

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2009-08-21 20:05:12 »
NeoCloudstrife thanks, typo fixed.
MXster you're right, I messed. Expect a another bugfix soon.
Mike Strife Nguyen what file were you trying to open (or save) exactly?

Cyber Light

« Reply #392 on: 2009-08-22 09:59:38 »
Both it always. v084 b can open and save model ok but v09a and v09b can't save model. v09 Save model for .d file error. Save model for battle hrc it will create full texture file, it unnecessary.  :|

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2009-08-22 10:20:02 »
I tried opening lamdat.d (Ramu) and cyvdat.d (Shiva) and both loaded and save correctly. Please, point me to a specific file.

Cyber Light

« Reply #394 on: 2009-08-22 10:34:47 »
Sr about that it not work with v09a but v09b work. But some .d file of mine work with old version and v09b error reading. i'll give you for check.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2009-08-23 00:30:30 »
So the real problem with changing and adjusting bones, is they adjust outwards from the center.  I think it would be possible to make taller and shorter models that work perfectly in-game, if the bones can somehow be made to adjust from the floor up.   Because I've figured out that's what is going on.  If I try to make Cloud taller, he is, but he only appears taller.  His model is still technically standing in the EXACT same place, but because his legs have been extended, he appears to be standing a little further down than he really is.  (This is most evident in battle models)

If the FF7 Field mapwas actually 3D, you would notice the new taller models running around on their kneecaps.  :-P

Is there some way to add a functionality to Kimera that will grow bones in relation to the floor (well, the walkmesh I guess) instead of growing them in relation to the model?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #396 on: 2009-08-23 02:27:16 »
The root bone should be coming from the floor...

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2009-08-23 02:45:25 »
The best example I have is this

Obviously their legs are below their shadows.  Which, if my memory serves correctly, is impossible.

A perfect example of the problem is when I was riding on the 'crazy' elevator going up the Shinra Tower, I tried to walk behind Tifa... but got permanently stuck because of the height I had made Cloud.  Then there are the times when the altered model has feet going through certain field tiles...

The root bone should be coming from the floor...
I'm not sure what you mean by 'coming from the floor'.  If you mean all bones extend outward from the root, then yes, they do.  And that's the problem.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #398 on: 2009-08-23 04:40:31 »
I thought the root bone comes from the ground and up into the body, then splits at the hips. I may be wrong.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2009-08-23 10:44:45 »
The height of the root bone is determined by the animation. Thus, the only way to change the model height is by changing it's root translation (Y field). You will see all this much clearer in the next version.