Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 501828 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #525 on: 2010-07-15 18:16:42 »
I talked to Borde a little while back, basically don't expect any updates from him for at least 6 months, more likely 10.

skullmster

« Reply #526 on: 2010-09-28 01:27:39 »
Ok I went through this and have to admit it is easy to skip posts to find out. I've gone through several versions of the editor and every time I bring up the entire model I get a very simple. Overflow error 6 whenever I specificly click the model. Then trying to remove part from bone I get error 9. Does any one have a simple solution because I may have skipped over it, but either way I couldnt find it trying to do searches. BTW I use windows XP

I thought I should add that I tried all the fixes microsoft states. Only thing that changed is now I can run it in 250 what ever colors. However it makes things EXTREMELY difficult to see

(No more double post)
« Last Edit: 2010-10-06 22:55:53 by skullmster »

salem123

• View Profile
sword in the wrong place
« Reply #527 on: 2010-10-29 17:36:21 »
hello guys this is my first time importing a model of my own to FF7 successfully i have imported a sword but there were 2 problem the sword in it wrong place and there is no texture on the sword could you help me

thank you

aznkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2010-11-09 04:44:52 »
Change texture id work with Kimera, but in game wrong texture.

Im also having this problem, is there any fix to it?

oOPierreOo

« Reply #529 on: 2010-11-15 17:38:37 »
Hello all  :), how are you ?  :P i'm new here and i have need kimera for configure battle.lgp but i download kimera and he say

I have windows 7 please help me :) .

i'm french excuse me for my bad english.  :-D

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
« Reply #530 on: 2010-11-15 17:44:58 »
Hello all  :), how are you ?  :P i'm new here and i have need kimera for configure battle.lgp but i download kimera and he say

I have windows 7 please help me :) .

as tu essayé de le lancer en mode admin?

philman

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2010-11-15 18:03:47 »
Hello all  :?: , how are you ?  :-P i'm new here and i have need kimera for configure battle.lgp but i download kimera and he say

I have windows 7 please help me :?: .

you extract the files with lgp tools or highwind? :-(

remember when extract,make a folder on desktop and extract the files there,after you can see with kimera.

There is no reason to quote this image.  And the fact that someone quoted it before you makes it worse.  I'm not going to issue a warning to either of you, but let this be a notice to everyone to take it easy quoting images.  ESPECIALLY if it doesn't have to be and has been quoted recently.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-15 18:32:31 by obesebear »

oOPierreOo

« Reply #532 on: 2010-11-15 19:00:05 »
Kela51: je l'ai executé en tant qu'administrateur sa ne change pas :)

philman: I have extract the files but always the error  :|

oOPierreOo

« Reply #533 on: 2010-11-16 17:47:10 »
Someone you it could help me please? =)

it would be nice hihi =P

Warned for double posting
« Last Edit: 2010-11-16 17:58:06 by obesebear »

oOPierreOo

« Reply #534 on: 2010-11-19 20:52:43 »
Hello i have a problem with kimera i launch the program and when I click the hrc, an error occurs

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2010-11-20 12:28:41 »
Hello i have a problem with kimera i launch the program and when I click the hrc, an error occurs

Your lack of respect for the rules is downright amazing.  Congrats on making my shit list.

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2010-12-15 10:50:37 »
Hi everyone !

This is my first post here, so I want to thanks the Qhimm Forum administrator to accept me as a new member ! And thanks to Borde for his application ! :)

EDIT : "Was having problems with parts modifications and skeleton."

And then I've found an answer to my question : need to create polygons on no-textured faces. Sorry for that ! Anyway thanks !... Still have a big animation problem :( How could you make them matches all frames ?! Can't do it :( Well maybe I'll success to make 10 animations matches .... but one moment or another parts doesn't matches the animation :(
« Last Edit: 2010-12-16 17:30:58 by Kyo13 »

Lord_james

• View Profile
[HELP] Kimera: How export/import textures.
« Reply #537 on: 2010-12-28 23:16:58 »
Can Anybody teach us about texturing in Kimera?

philman

• View Profile
Re: [HELP] Kimera: How export/import textures.
« Reply #538 on: 2010-12-28 23:24:22 »
i think have only 2 ways to texture using kimera.when you have texture (will put a color up texture giving effect in texture with color you used) and just color a p part.
about add textures is diferent way.what you need to know?(recolor texture add texture etc.)

Lord_james

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2010-12-29 00:29:59 »
Thanks. :)

I want to add textures. I made some custom models for Cait Sith http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11168.msg155635#msg155635 I have imported very well the model (size, place, etc), but I can't find how add textures. I made basic textures, and maybe I'll replace it in the future for better textures. [If you need it, models uses 3DS and BMP].

philman

• View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2010-12-29 03:10:59 »
okay.

in kimera you can see a part saying general lightning,up there you can see show texture options.
click in p file or weapon and click add texture,after you search and click in .tex file or .bmp and the texture will be added.I think the important is in Pcreator,to see what number will be texture (i don't right about this)why sometimes the texture need be in first and the first texture is the principal texture (character texture).

Lord_james

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2010-12-29 19:40:08 »
I see... If you want add a texture, you must open "model" (ryaa--> Cait Sith) and not a piece (weapons, for example). I'll research about kimera, I'm going to write a guide for new guys. [Thanks you].

Now, I made another mistake. What's wrong?

philman

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2010-12-30 03:31:45 »
see,this can be 2 problems.Or is UV Map (when you create this weapon model you certified the weapon texture is right? )

or the problem can be the back color,(i see is yellow probably need be black or white to fix,you can see this in custom models.You can see the back color is black and don't have any problems when you texture some part in kimera )

Lord_james

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2011-01-04 13:58:31 »
I still haven't found... (add music  8))

I checked the model and it also has bad poly count. My software, 3dwings, doesn't export very well to 3ds (not use polys like triangles). I fixed it with blender, but continue the problem... Could it be kimera doesn't support my unwrap? In blender, It works on the box.

NOTES: back=white; UV=unfolder, not projections or maps

philman

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2011-01-04 14:49:58 »
you know Pcreator have a problem with UV?you need flip UV in all models you import to your ff7 you need flip UV (tick Y) maybe this is your problem if you still don't know that.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2011-01-04 16:58:31 »
This is not Tech Related, Lord_James.  Moved.  Warned

Lord_james

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2011-01-10 00:25:45 »
I'ts true... I'm afraid about this. I'm sorry. Now, it works on the box in kimera but fail ingame [It shows this famouos message: GLITCH: broken p file: vertextype == VERTEX in (smth)]. Must I remake models? (corrupt models)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2011-07-14 22:48:00 »
Well, well... sure it's been a while. I finally found some time to spend on Kimera and ironed a couple of bugs. Turns out the reason why 3ds files were untextured in-game was because I didn't pay enough attention to information kindly provided by Aali. Well, serves me right. The problem was with a flag on the render states (you can now edit them on the groups properties) that was telling the game to not draw any textures.

By the way, I encourage you to play with the render states and the blending modes. You can get pretty interesting results with some imagination.

Some will say this is too few too late. And probably they will be right. But I've been busy with real life and Kimera became quiet a chore. Besides, it looks like every VB6 program it's doomed when Windows 8 gets released, becasue MS has decided to cese any kind of support for it (I guess they have decided it's time to push VB.Net of once and for all). Don't expect any more updates (maybe some bugfix, but nothing major). This project is pretty much dead.

On the other hand, I'm working on something else that may interest you all.

See you around.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-15 17:48:23 by Borde »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2011-07-15 02:41:09 »
On the other hand, I'm working on something else that may interest you all.
This needs to be elaborated on.  Please and thank you

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2011-07-15 02:51:14 »
6 years ago... wow, where does time go.  Better late than never, and you are under no obligations to anyone.