Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 501835 times)

Borde

• View Profile
Re: Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #700 on: 2013-07-29 22:55:38 »
Blend mode doesn't matter if blending is turned off
Mmmm... But is blending explicitely turned off in real-time or is there some sort of flag in the file that specifies it should be diabled?

hello! First sorry for my english, i´m from spain and use a traductor  :-[ :-[

I have a problem to put the textures on a model, I explain:

I have the mogu head model and I make it with biturn to open it in 3dsmax, I put a texture and edit the UVWs properly. I open with pcreator and placed texture correctly, I assign the number of textures and save it in ".P" format. Then open it with Khimera, edit the size and position, I put the right texture and save. I extract with lgptools char.lgp file and replace all the files that I created with Khimera and return to compile the file. I replace the new char.lgp created and the model disappears, but when I remove the texture the the model appears. What am I doing wrong?

This post is all explained with pictures:http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14470.0

Please I need help!
thanks

I sent you an MP.

I was wondering how feasible it would be to change the dialog box asking "is this animation a loop" to "which animations loop".   Granted, a version like that would probably only be useful for me converting everything to 60fps.  But it would save a lot of time if I could type 1,2, 4, 7, 16  and have it interpolate all of the animations and loop the ones I specified. 

Mmmm... yes, I think Kaldrasha's idea would be more generic. Interestingly, It seems it's already possible to obtain a list of the looping animations (and even a list of sequential animations) since the battle scripts (stored in the **AB files)  has been already partially decoded. I'm still kind of pessimistic about the future of interpolated animations, though...

and a system which imports-exports animation sets in the most common/useful formats  :D
Sorry Dark_Ansem, but that's beyond the scope of this project. Dealing with extra file formats it's a dull and pretty time-consumming task. If I ever decide to continue with the import/export project it will be only for a single standard transport format (COLLADA, in particular).

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2013-07-30 00:30:14 »
Interpolated animations is all we have for the foreseeable future.  It would be great if someone had the knowledge and time to deal with creating programs to import custom animations and mesh deformation, but it's going to be a long time before that happens, if ever.

However, I do have enough free time to dedicate to interpolating what we currently have, I just can't do it one animation at a time.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2013-07-30 06:20:33 »
Collada is supposed to be ok, the most popular one :) or the one with most support (Noesis, 3ds max, blender..)
actually, that one would be a jackpot hit :D

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2013-07-30 08:42:29 »
Mmmm... But is blending explicitely turned off in real-time or is there some sort of flag in the file that specifies it should be diabled?

The V_ALPHABLEND state has to be enabled either in the group itself or somewhere above it in the render tree. Presumably models themselves usually don't touch this state at all and leave it up to the engine to enable it before rendering.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2013-07-31 00:16:19 »
Interpolated animations is all we have for the foreseeable future.  It would be great if someone had the knowledge and time to deal with creating programs to import custom animations and mesh deformation, but it's going to be a long time before that happens, if ever.

However, I do have enough free time to dedicate to interpolating what we currently have, I just can't do it one animation at a time.

Actually, I'm not pessimistic about the interpolation itself, but about it's practical usage in-game. Since effects are hard coded into the EXE and each of them manages timming on it's own way, I can't help but feel there is no way the new animations and the effects will ever match.

The V_ALPHABLEND state has to be enabled either in the group itself or somewhere above it in the render tree. Presumably models themselves usually don't touch this state at all and leave it up to the engine to enable it before rendering.

It seems all battle pieces actually set V_ALPHABLEND in both field_C and field_10 on the hundrets chunck. So I guess the engine simply forces the blending off for these models. I can't help but find this really bizarre.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2013-07-31 09:37:00 »
There's also a mechanism for the game to completely override or disable the blend mode from the model so yeah, that could be happening.

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2013-07-31 17:53:54 »
Ok, thanks for the information Aali.

EDIT: Done. You can grab 0.97a at the first page.

Ah, good news.  going to see how it works on my models.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-31 17:56:27 by TheHierarchy »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2013-08-01 07:08:48 »
There's also a mechanism for the game to completely override or disable the blend mode from the model so yeah, that could be happening.
I see. Well, thanks for the info Aali.

ChaosSaber9999

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 2013-08-02 05:48:53 »
Hey guys I've  looked at every possible way to register MSCOMCT2.OCX i put it in my system32 and sysWOW64 windows files run the command prompt regular and as admin and nothing has worked to register the file do i need to download a new one or what?

ChaosSaber9999

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2013-08-02 05:53:59 »
Thanks in advanced
« Last Edit: 2013-08-02 05:57:45 by ChaosSaber9999 »

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2013-08-02 07:01:36 »
The effects work, awesome!!!

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 2013-08-02 07:27:38 »
holy nice effects!

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2013-08-03 08:43:07 »
Hey guys I've  looked at every possible way to register MSCOMCT2.OCX i put it in my system32 and sysWOW64 windows files run the command prompt regular and as admin and nothing has worked to register the file do i need to download a new one or what?

What message are you getting when toy try to register it ChaosSaber9999?

ChaosSaber9999

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2013-08-03 16:47:26 »
The module"(filename)" failed to load make sure binare is stored it the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependant .DLL files specified module could not be found. I dont know how to debug it if thats the problem

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #714 on: 2013-08-03 16:56:44 »
Its the MSSTDFMT.DLL, yes? Either way copy the file you're getting in the error into the system32 file. Open the start menu and type "cmd", and open as admin. Now to register the .dll file use this command "regsvr32 MSSTDFMT.DLL" without the quotations. Kimera should now work. You may have another file to register but that's how you fix it.

There was a long discussion of this starting on page 26.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-03 16:58:43 by cmh175 »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2013-08-03 17:13:19 »
ocx are activex controls. they register like dlls but if its a 32bit ocx on a 64bit OS you need to run regsvr32 from sysWOW directory first in CMD,  then use regsvr32 to reg the file after.

Edit: I would have put a link to be helpful but I was on a cell and I can't cut and paste for anything on my s3.

Pretty sure we all end up at that link Borde provided sooner or later.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-03 22:49:34 by Template »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 2013-08-03 18:03:08 »
This is what the guys at the Microsoft forums have to say about it: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/1fd6b78a-b1b3-4190-aceb-91575cd7092a/cannot-register-mscomct2ocx-using-regsvr32

It seems to be pretty much the same Template and cmh175 said (but with a more detailed explanation)

Whish you luck.

ChaosSaber9999

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2013-08-03 23:55:12 »
That link is actually the second page i looked at and tried but it didnt work also the msstdfmt.dll and the msvbvm60.dll are already registered on my computer i did that before i even thought of posting about my problem i just dont get it i hear it works for other people but it seems nothing im doing is working

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2013-08-04 16:57:07 »
I don't know, I checked and I don't have that file anywhere but my Kimera folder on my entire system. I don't remember having to register it but if I did I was really being tricky that day and did it from there. Is your Kimera not opening at all ChaosSaber? What operating system are you running?
« Last Edit: 2013-08-04 16:59:13 by Template »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2013-08-05 20:26:40 »
The ways of regsrv32 are inscrutable, indeed. I really don't have another machine around to try and install Kimera. I'll try to give it a shot tomorrow at the job.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 2013-08-06 03:38:23 »
In this thread about DLL's with win8 it mentions this:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13801.0#msg193820
Time to test Windows 8 and Compatiblity * 32-bits misses some Dll`s, because they
removed old Directx librarys, 64-version keep it.
If that's got anything to do with that

ChaosSaber9999

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2013-08-07 17:59:27 »
Im running on windows 7 and kimera wont open at all it just gives me the message component "Mscomct2.ocx" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 2013-08-08 06:57:37 »
K, yeah I don't think you need to register those ocx files necessarily. Not anymore, anyway. What you need to register is either: msvbvm60.dll or msstdfmt.dll. Those are the only 2 files from Kimera's installation folder that I found in my system directories like I had registered them.

You're probably on 64 bit win 7 so they will go in SysWOW64... Whoever's idea it was to name the 32 bit system directory that should be caned.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2013-08-08 17:49:38 »
Im running on windows 7 and kimera wont open at all it just gives me the message component "Mscomct2.ocx" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid

Ok, I tried at a different computer and got the same error while trying to register comdlg32.ocx. It turned out to be a permissions problem. You must run regsvr32 as an Administrator. The best way to do so is by opening a command line as Admin. You can do so through Windows button, typing "cmd" at the search bar, right ckick over "cmd.exe" and then select "Run as Adiministrator". A confirmation prompt should pop-up, so accept. Now you should be able to use regsvr32 for the command prompt succesfully. It looks like it doesn't really matter where you put the OCX/DLL file.

Good luck.

ChaosSaber9999

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2013-08-10 20:54:29 »
Yeah i tried that i mentioned it in one of my earlier posts that i tried both files and regular and admin permissions