Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 501960 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #175 on: 2007-05-05 12:36:04 »
Also, (And this might be because of the model type) it won't let me color a Sonic model. I get the color and I click, but no change.

Does it have texture data on it? If so then thats why it won't.

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2007-05-05 20:20:02 »
I think the problem might be that the whole model is one big texture group.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007-05-08 00:55:45 »
G'day Borde I'm having a little problem with getting Kimera working, I keep getting the same error.

(system Error &h8007007e (-2147024770).   the specific module could not be found.)

I have been getting the same error since i reinstalled windows any ideas on how to fix it?

Edit:no worries i fixed it, Kimera looks great

Edit2: i was wondering if it would be possible to add new vertices's in the next version unless you can already do it, if you can would you mind telling me how
« Last Edit: 2007-05-08 02:32:39 by Steve Jr »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2007-05-08 16:04:45 »
Hello everyone. Sorry for not replying for so long, but I'm very busy with another project.
- murak: You are right. I don't know currenly what's going on. Looks like stormmedia has experienced similar problems. I must investigate further.
- sword: As ultima_spio said you can't paint in a textured group. Actually I'm starting to think this doesn't make much sens right now, so I supose It's time to remove that limitation.
- Steve Jr: Actually it's possible, althought not evident. When you cut the edge of a polygon (with the knife) a new vertex is created at the point you clicked.

Well guy, looks like this version is seriously buged. Sorry. I'll try to fix it as soon as I can.

murak

« Reply #179 on: 2007-05-09 07:11:30 »
bored, we cannot complain with your work! it's the basic of all mods on qhimm, had you NOT made kimera, there wouldn't be any mods. so I'm just saying, take your time to perfect it, and do not rush it.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2007-05-22 00:22:22 »
Hello everyone.
I've been very bussy lately and I'll like that for a looong while. Fortunately, the things I'm woking on v are somewhat releated with this project so I spent some time bug-fixing and adding a little experimental animation editor. Nothing too fancy, but enough for my needings right now.
Well, I've uploaded the new verion (0.83b). Hope this one is less troublesome. Have fun.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007-05-22 07:20:58 »
Well after some significant testing I've only found one bug which seems to be a random occurrence when using the knife tool, sometimes it seems to double the edge your cutting, which can be quite annoying if you don't notice it.

The animation editor seems to work although rather time consuming, if it had a rotation step function it would take less time but thats not really a requirement. Personally i think the animation editor should be like the model editor in a separate window, also not a requirement but would stop people accidentally changing an animations.

All in all quite a nice build, and as usual i cant wait for the next version.

Edit: would it be possible for you to make it so when your working on darker shades of polys that the edge lines change color because they can get reall hard to see /Edit
« Last Edit: 2007-05-22 08:24:39 by Steve Jr »

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2007-05-22 07:24:54 »
Well, This was a total surprise Borde.

Thank you

Bug hunting time

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2007-05-22 16:22:20 »
I've uploaded a new version. The one I posted yesterday only could modify the first frame :-P
Don't worry Seteve Jr., this is just an emergency version. I'm plaining something more confortable for when I've got some free time.
Thanks for support.

Scorpicus

• View Profile
    • Scorpicus' Most Amazing Orange Website
« Reply #184 on: 2007-05-25 21:13:57 »
New version!  Woohoo!   :-D Keep up the good work Borde!

For records sake I'd thought I stick the crux of the faceless field model bug in this thread too.  Basically, it only happens on a few of the models (Rufus - alad.hrc and Cid - abda.hrc are the ones that come to mind) but when you open the model in Kimera the TEX files arn't displayed properly and are replaced with white triangles.  See pic of Rufus' head: 

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/Scorpicus/facelessRufus.jpg

And when you stick the model back in the game it still does not have the textures.

Also before editing the model with Kimera, if you open the model in Biturn the textures diplay fine.  However, after editing with Kimera, when you open the field model in Biturn the textures are missing (although unlike in Kimera and in game there are no white triangles)  Even stranger, the TEX files when opened with Biturn seem O.K before and after editing with Kimera  :?

Anyway, I hope that's helpful in the ever on going quest of bug solving  :wink:

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2007-05-25 22:10:15 »
Mmmm.. that's wired. Well thanks for the report Scorpicus. I'll have a look as soon as I've got some free time.

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2007-05-27 07:20:59 »
I've got a "small" trouble, kimera always said that I hadn't had MSSTDFMT.dll eventhough I copied this .dll file into my windows/system folder so I couldn't start the program

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2007-05-28 01:11:13 »
I've got a "small" trouble, kimera always said that I hadn't had MSSTDFMT.dll eventhough I copied this .dll file into my windows/system folder so I couldn't start the program

Here try this:
Here a file I found some time ago that contain all the libraries I ever needed.  So if anyone lack some dll, ocx or any library files just download this, install it and it should work :-).
libraryfiles.exe

These are all the libraries I've ever needed so far.

Hope it helped.

truesdale

« Reply #188 on: 2007-05-31 08:29:18 »
hey, borde, I was doing some modding in FF7, and when I was colouring these models of sonic/shadow, (I'll send you a link to them) and when I use the paint tool, it erases instead of colours if I already put a colour on that area. E.G.: if I accidentally colour part of the nose blue, and go to change it to black, it disappears!!!
did this happen to anyone before?
EDIT: in case anyone was wondering, by link, i meant a link to the files that were messed up, and no, they won't be on my filefront account.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-31 17:12:59 by malach! »

Scorpicus

• View Profile
    • Scorpicus' Most Amazing Orange Website
« Reply #189 on: 2007-06-01 12:04:34 »
Your'e not the only one Malach, that happens to me as well.  But I was more distracted by the TEX issue  :-P

Borde:  I'm probably having a blond moment, but how do you save the changes to the animations?
« Last Edit: 2007-06-01 12:10:14 by Scorpicus »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007-06-01 14:14:41 »
Again?! Oh my... how many time will I have to fix this bug? Oh well, I'll take a look this evening.
About saving the animations, they are saved when you save the model. Yes, I know, not very confortable. Anyway, I'll probably remove this and do a separate animations program.

truesdale

« Reply #191 on: 2007-06-18 14:07:05 »
borde, you may not want to hear this, but for some reason, I cannot exchange any of bizarro sephiroth's arm files with field files, and i tried the last 4 releases of kimera, and I'll get you some screens later today.
(well, I can do most of his stuff, but the arms just disappear!!! did this happen to anyone else?)

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2007-06-19 10:49:03 »
borde, you may not want to hear this, but for some reason, I cannot exchange any of bizarro sephiroth's arm files with field files, and i tried the last 4 releases of kimera, and I'll get you some screens later today.
(well, I can do most of his stuff, but the arms just disappear!!! did this happen to anyone else?)

I get the same problem, thought only with the latest verson.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2007-06-25 18:41:40 »
I see. Well, some more X-files to investigate.
It's time to start working again after the exams.

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2007-08-01 03:49:55 »
hi   I have a problem with kimera(any version) when i try loading a battle lgp file like RTAA  all i see is a grey screen and i can do nothing else
if you can help me i would ne happy

Thanks in advance

Great Sephiroth

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2007-08-01 18:16:26 »
That sounds strange Great Sephiroth. It only happens with the battle models or it also happens with field models? If it happens no matter what, I supose it must be a drivers releated problem.

By the way, I'm releasing anew version of Kimera tomorrow. I promise. I've delayed it way too much.

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2007-08-01 22:09:20 »
yes no matter what i try to open...    battle model ... weapons or anything else

i will try your new version tommorow i will try to find a new version of my driver but i think they are the most up to date

Thanks in advance

Great Sephiroth

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2007-08-03 09:58:40 »
Well, I know I broke my promise but I had a good reason: my server was down.
Now here you have the new version of Kimera. I hope this one gives you all less headaches. I added summons and battle animations support and made several bugfixes. This release should be more stable.
Have fun.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2007-08-03 10:28:25 »
Thank you, my good man

you know that i will test it

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2007-08-03 18:04:31 »
Nice build from what I've tested other then a few bug that i believe need squashing I'd say your pretty close to a Version1.0
bugs
*with the player characters the animations look like there missing a bone on all but the first two animations(haven't tested Red yet or Vincents transforms) while the NPCs are working perfectly
*It appears to be drawing the back faces as well as the front on battle models but only the faces that are facing you directly
*Cant open models that the animations have been messed with in a hex editor(this may have been intended for reliability)

I didn't test with any field models yet because i haven't unpacked them again i have a couple of suggestions that I'd like to make
Suggestions
*Allow it to create Primitives/Splines
*Allow it to open multiple files at once in model editor so you can combine them
*Make it so that you can select the vertices's to color
*Allow editing of the Battle Animations :)

All in all quite a nice build and as always i can't wait for the next one