Author Topic: FF7Music Crashing  (Read 5849 times)

Chaospaladinfayt

• View Profile
FF7Music Crashing
« on: 2012-01-18 21:46:51 »
Hi everyone,

I recently tried to play FF7 PC and FF7 Music keeps crashing.I've got FF7 PC to work for a while, and then stopped playing it for a couple of months. Last time I updated FF7 Music was in December of 2011. Also, I somehow got FF7 Music to stop crashing, and in the log it says "ERROR: Cannot create device" and "Not connected 1" "Not connected 2". I check the setup tab in the configuration, and it says "no plugin". I try to select in_mad.dll and it gives me an error saying "Access violation at address 0047D65B in module "FF7Music.exe". Read of address 00000028." Gahhhhhhh so many problems @_@. This is the second time that something was wrong with FF7Music. Last time was I just had to update it to a more current version.

Kompass63

• View Profile
Re: FF7Music Crashing
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-18 22:37:32 »
An idea.
Start FF7 Config.exe, go to MIDI, check the settings and do the test.
Click on OK and try again with ff7Music.

Chaospaladinfayt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-19 02:26:09 »
The test works fine, but FF7 still doesn't work. =(

norikoteiko

• View Profile
    • German Ragnarok Online Highrate
« Reply #3 on: 2012-01-19 03:59:36 »
The test works fine, but FF7 still doesn't work. =(

Try these http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10546.0.

It is a installer for FF7 Music preconfigured with Music Files.

I hioe it works for you.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-01-19 05:27:17 »
Based on Chaospaladinfayt having in_mad.dll, I suspect he's already using that.

What version of Windows are you using, and is FF7Music running in compatibility mode?

Chaospaladinfayt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-01-19 06:02:05 »
Windows 7. And it's running on Windows XP Service Pack 2 mode.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-01-19 11:14:17 »
On my PC (Win 7 Ultimate x64) I use compatibility mode for nothing. But I also do not use Covarr's installer.
When I start FF7Music with compatibility mode, I get two messages:

FTH: (3724): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***
FTH: (3776): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***

I do not know what these messages are intended to mean, FF7Music still works.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-01-19 16:44:16 »
My installer automatically sets XP SP2 mode, if you're using Vista/7. I can't recall why, it was a long time ago when I set it to do that, but I think it's related to plugin compatibility. I was mainly checking on the offchance it'd become unset.

To be honest, I have no clue what's going on, I've never seen this before. Does FF7Music have a valid sound device set?

Chaospaladinfayt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-01-19 17:52:00 »
My installer automatically sets XP SP2 mode, if you're using Vista/7. I can't recall why, it was a long time ago when I set it to do that, but I think it's related to plugin compatibility. I was mainly checking on the offchance it'd become unset.

To be honest, I have no clue what's going on, I've never seen this before. Does FF7Music have a valid sound device set?

Yes,FF7Music has a valid sound device. In the Input Plugin section of the configuration, it says that it's set to in_vgmstream.dll, but then right under it it says "<no plugin>"

EDIT: So I saw there was two files, one called launchFF7.exe and FF7Music.exe. I tried both applications, launchFF7.exe brings up FF7Music and just crashes, whereas FF7Music.exe brings up FF7Music but doesn't work at all.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-19 18:02:54 by Chaospaladinfayt »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-01-19 20:13:04 »
launchff7 opens ff7music minimized and then opens ff7. It's only to make things easier if it's all set up correctly.

What output plugin are you using? If it's set to out_wave.dll, try out_ds instead, and vice versa. Some systems have problems with one or the other.

Chaospaladinfayt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-01-19 23:09:18 »
launchff7 opens ff7music minimized and then opens ff7. It's only to make things easier if it's all set up correctly.

What output plugin are you using? If it's set to out_wave.dll, try out_ds instead, and vice versa. Some systems have problems with one or the other.

I don't have out_ds.