Author Topic: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)  (Read 277801 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP/REL] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion
« Reply #350 on: 2014-06-30 14:19:23 »
I'll send you my beta Flevel (that has most if not all of the Nibel flashback rewritten)
I'm busy right now so I'll get around to it later this evening. You do follow me on twitter I think, (twitter/KuuTenko) so you don't need to ask on the forums.
Playing through that, fixing grammar and spelling as well as textboxes that do not fit(remember to use menu overhaul because that is required and I adjust the text for that) would be step 1
Step 2 would be to play through the rest of the mod (that is, up to the end of cd1) and give me feedback especially on item placement, random battles, bosses as well as stolen and dropped items. What is broken. What makes it too easy. What is pointless. And so on.

Heroman_84

• View Profile
Re: [WIP/REL] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion
« Reply #351 on: 2014-07-09 00:12:39 »
You're doing the same thing that I always do by revising the work that you've already done before finishing the rough draft. Keep working on Disc 2 & 3. If you can stay ahead of me, I promise I'll give you enough feed back to release a real nicely polished mod.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)
« Reply #352 on: 2014-07-20 11:10:37 »
Updated scene.bin that fixes a lot of exploits
link on first page
Updated flevel.lgp too, link on my twitter

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #353 on: 2014-07-24 06:58:09 »
Corsair, i mean, Covarr(Please get swarmed my soccer moms VGR), has begun creating looping .oggs of the custom OST
Once they are complete, ff7 music will no longer be required or distributed with this mod and it will simply use Aalis latest driver to make use of the .ogg music
« Last Edit: 2014-07-24 07:17:57 by Tenko Kuugen »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #354 on: 2014-07-24 14:50:40 »
Excellent.

Core Files 1.02
Scene.bin (7.20.2014 update)
Flevel.lgp (7.20.2014 update - Twitter)
OST (waiting on .ogg format)

Those are the files I will have once I get the .ogg music. Is that everything up-to-date?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #355 on: 2014-07-24 15:45:25 »
Unless Sega Chief finds more bugs and exploits, that's everything

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2014-07-25 18:08:12 »
Started up a second playthrough for debugging, etc (something I'll work through slowly now and then) and checking the flevel as I go. The dialogue for Kage in Tunnel_4 may be screwed up, the text boxes aren't big enough to hold his lines from what I can see in Makou. Haven't seen it in-game yet because of the kid asking about his cat in Sector 7. He didn't spawn so I stopped to look at it in the flevel. He seems to have a second variable condition besides Game Moment; what were the in-game conditions for making him appear? I'm assuming we gotta do a certain thing before this point to trigger it.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2014-07-31 05:06:51 »
Any updates for the looping .ogg music? I've finished the catalog and will release N7 with it, so unless I can get the music files within a week, I'll just wait to update it after the release.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2014-07-31 05:09:16 »
I'm about 60% done with the new loops. I'll be done for sure by Saturday.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2014-07-31 05:58:24 »
Any updates for the looping .ogg music? I've finished the catalog and will release N7 with it, so unless I can get the music files within a week, I'll just wait to update it after the release.

:-o I haven't updated my model pack for 7th Heaven, but there is a bit time before Saturday. I think I will also update the weapon mod... nah I need to make a to do list there is a bit more to do.
Time for a coffee..

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #360 on: 2014-07-31 08:45:37 »

Once the music is in .ogg format, I will no longer distribute ff7music with it since I'm told Aalis new driver can utilize the files by itself and as such they will need to be installed in the appropriate place.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2014-07-31 14:27:07 »
:-o I haven't updated my model pack for 7th Heaven, but there is a bit time before Saturday. I think I will also update the weapon mod... nah I need to make a to do list there is a bit more to do.
Time for a coffee..

I'm using the models from 1.64.2 right now. If you can't get the update done by next weekend, it's okay since your models are one of the largest projects to finish. I also haven't added the conditional weapons...yet ;)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2014-08-02 16:14:22 »
Excellent. I'll add it into the catalog. Thank you both :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #364 on: 2014-08-11 18:37:21 »
Lets Play Links removed as they have been using the wrong kernel and scene.bin for a really long time.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-22 19:02:00 by Tenko Kuugen »

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2014-09-12 22:05:45 »
Can anyone who has recently installed the current version of Nightmare mod please do me a huge favor. PM me the flevel.lgp from the FF7\Data\Field?? It has to be done from someone who has manually installed the gameplay mod. If you used 7H it won't work. I need this so I can patch some animations that have problems when using my red werewolf mod. This would be soooo helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #366 on: 2014-09-13 06:51:15 »
Just download the flevel from twitter

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2014-09-13 12:36:25 »
Got it thank you

johnsonnd

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2014-09-14 14:15:54 »
I'm in Shinra Headquarters on the 66th floor and I can't spy on the meeting from the bathroom. Should I be doing something else or is this a glitch? Please help.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2014-09-14 18:10:41 »
If I remember right, you have to talk to the people on that floor. One of the NPCs says something that'll unlock the option to climb into the grate; try talking to everyone on the 66th floor (watch for the ones that walk around) 2-3 times.

johnsonnd

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2014-09-14 19:25:55 »
It worked!  Thank you so much.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2014-09-14 21:00:56 »
Good luck with Gunners, Rufus, and Motorball; no save points between any of them although there might be one if you choose not to accept Tifa's help for the fight (not tested it). This advice might be out of date by now if revisions were made, but:

-) Avoid using magic against Hundred Gunner, or queuing more than one spell at a time; his counter hits the entire party quite hard.

-) Avoid attacking Rufus physically, his counter inflicts various status ailments (unless you use Cross Slash to paralyse him but I can't remember if he can be paralysed).

-) Avoid using your strongest attacks on Motorball at the start of the fight; he begins with a Peerless effect that you should wait out until it wears off. The Peerless effect is initially invisible until he is struck, so attack once to make the effect show up. Also, there's a row change on Motorball's deadly wheel which doesn't update visually I don't think; watch out for that as your party members will become more vulnerable to Sword Arm.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #372 on: 2014-09-14 22:14:10 »
Good luck with Gunners, Rufus, and Motorball; no save points between any of them although there might be one if you choose not to accept Tifa's help for the fight (not tested it). This advice might be out of date by now if revisions were made, but:

-) Avoid using magic against Hundred Gunner, or queuing more than one spell at a time; his counter hits the entire party quite hard.

-) Avoid attacking Rufus physically, his counter inflicts various status ailments (unless you use Cross Slash to paralyse him but I can't remember if he can be paralysed).

-) Avoid using your strongest attacks on Motorball at the start of the fight; he begins with a Peerless effect that you should wait out until it wears off. The Peerless effect is initially invisible until he is struck, so attack once to make the effect show up. Also, there's a row change on Motorball's deadly wheel which doesn't update visually I don't think; watch out for that as your party members will become more vulnerable to Sword Arm.

I added a savepoint after Rufus. I don't remember if I uploaded that flevel already but it's safer to get the new scene.bin and flevel from the first post (flevel from twitter)
Other than that, solid advice.

johnsonnd

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2014-09-17 11:56:25 »
I just read this so my strategy was a little bit different. When I was in wall street I saved up my gil and bought those massive effect items like Astral gate. The bosses fell down like flies. My only mistake was saving after I left Midgar and realizing I forgot the enemy skill. Please tell me that there is another enemy skill.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #374 on: 2014-09-17 13:18:53 »
The enemy skill materia are where they were before (shinra HQ, junon, forgotten city)
I don't know if I changed the chocobo sage enemy skill to something else but I believe I did.

Buying the effect items is certainly one way. Maybe I'll make them more expensive since that's kinda exploiting the shop.