Author Topic: Oh, Mr. Moderator Blocked My Post!  (Read 2249 times)

Kali4nication

• View Profile
Oh, Mr. Moderator Blocked My Post!
« on: 2013-01-04 13:58:39 »
Dear asshole, it was the best thing you could do since i am no mood to be surronded by geeks whose only power in this world is to ban someone from a Internet forum, you must feel real powerful! When you get a life, thing i doubt, or grow up, because by your mentality i think you're ten, maybe we can talk again. Now go spend your 24 hours of the day in your PC or go plant some flowers, whatever it is you geeks with no life do.

This post edited because it contained language inappropriate for a board which is apparently staffed by 10-year-olds. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2013-01-04 17:48:18 by Covarr »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: Oh, Mr. Moderator Blocked My Post!
« Reply #1 on: 2013-01-04 14:18:51 »
I don't see a need for a response like this first off.

Secondly, I looked at your original issue, And i do not have a save in that location, the best i can offer you is having you send me the save and i'll see if the issue is actually your local files (the game files on your computer). However, i am not to inclined to help you with the attitude you have, i understand your frustration. But lashing out in a childish manner when Bosola was just doing his job as forum moderator is not something we encourage here.

Here is a place where people who actually solve problems look: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?board=13.0
it's our TROUBLESHOOTING sub forum.

Somewhere on this site there is a list of save games throughout the entire game. So hopefully someone with more time will be able to help.
Now if you'll excuse me, this Server Administrator (Geek) who has this thing call a job to make money to pay for his life has to go, I hope someone can help you out with your issue in the troubleshooting forum.

Whitstan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-01-04 14:29:26 »
Seems rather uncalled for. I'm completely new to these forums... but I typically try to read the one thread every forum has labelled: "The rules" or something along those lines. Your last post seemed to be a "Woe is me, no one is helping me" post that insinuated sexism as a motive somehow? It seemed like a right decision to block it from a third party perspective seeing as there would likely be no constructive or productive posts from that topic.

As for this post:
"Be courteous, polite and show respect to others. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right. Being a d*ck may get you warned. It may get you moderated. You might get banned for being a d*ck. Even if you are right and someone else is wrong, keep things civil."

I think that rule applies to moderators being the victims as well.

Also: "Don't insult anyone. Report to a moderator if someone has insulted and/or threatened you. Responding in kind could get you warned as well."

Respect goes a long way. At least that's been my experience.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-01-04 17:44:48 »
The next whine topic gets moderated, regardless of whether you've an X or Y chromosome.
Congratulations! You've won our semi-annual "ignore the moderators" contest! Your prize is a few weeks without posting! Further tantrums, blaming moderators for your own indignant attitude, or any other immature or hostile behavior will lead to further moderation and possible banning.

The heck of it is, I saw your original topic, and initially tried to find the save collection that Hellbringer616 mentioned, but I was in a hurry and wasn't able. After this little display, I'm not likely to be inclined to even make an effort to help you with any future problems, nor are most of the rest of us, unless you ask VERY nicely.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-01-04 18:14:19 »
Oh ho, be glad I wasn't the first person to see that. That type of attitude would have had you banned. And your warning had nothing to do with you being a girl, and all about you being an asshole.